WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

X-DIMENSION

DGRAY75

Reaction score
I HAVE A 1981 23.5 ELIMINATOR DAYTONA WITH A FILLED REAR TRANSOM.. INSTALLING A BRAVO 1 AND I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE X-DIMENSION ON THE BOAT. IF ANYONE COULD HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

lowfunds

Reaction score
x dimension depends on a lot of things like what style drive your using, meaning are you running a shorty lower etc. do you plan on going a specific speed where you can run a higher x-dimension. does the boat already have the front mounts preset to a specific height if so you can kind of go off of that with the right tool that mercury marine makes to locate the front mounts after the transom assembly is in. what you can do is bolt it in to your front mounts and use it the opposite way to determine your factory set x-dimension. this is only good if you are using the stock stud style mounts. if you are running solid mounts then you could probably use a old engine block bolt it to the front mount and bolt a bellhousing to the transom plate and bolt that assembly to the rear of the engine and then bolt into the boat and then determine your x-dimension. or you could try and call the factory and ask them for the x-dimension. otherwise you could just go by what the mercruiser manual suggests for the x-dimension. if you have never done this i suggest you take your boat to a qualified mercuiser dealer especially a reputable high performance dealer because it is very important you get it exact. good luck.

sdpm

Reaction score
Purpose of boat, weight, hp, which drive. Are you willing to give up bottom end hole shot for top end speed and top end speed ONLY?

DGRAY75

Reaction score
Purpose of boat, weight, hp, which drive. Are you willing to give up bottom end hole shot for top end speed and top end speed ONLY?

Just for fun.. Don't know the weight, 500-600 hp. bravo 1 drive. just want it to be an all around boat. After doing a lot of research and
talking to some people. I have found that having the prop shaft 5-5.5 in below the lowest point of the boat seems to be the best fit. Was thinking of setting it a little higher *(maybe .5 in) just for kicks and if i have to extend it i can just use a spacer.

spectras only

Reaction score
Just for fun.. Don't know the weight, 500-600 hp. bravo 1 drive. just want it to be an all around boat. After doing a lot of research and
talking to some people. I have found that having the prop shaft 5-5.5 in below the lowest point of the boat seems to be the best fit. Was thinking of setting it a little higher *(maybe .5 in) just for kicks and if i have to extend it i can just use a spacer.

Start with 5" you could always add a 1-2" spacer later;)