X

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Raycer

Reaction score
Lake Mead is about 11 feet lower than this time a year ago. If it went up 60 more feet there would be plenty of beachs:)

Hypnautic

Reaction score
8ydevyge.jpg

ane4ada7.jpg

Lake is only 50' from "normal" operating levels. Highest level I can remember in the past 10 years.

Raycer

Reaction score
All manipulated numbers. There's so much f'n snow on the Western Rockies it's crazy. I have friends that can't use the CC memberships due to amount of snowfall. The last three winters the golf courses run 5-6 months when they use to run 8-9 months per year.

Manipulated or not, both Lake Powell and Lake Mead are much lower this year than last!

PVHCA

Reaction score
Both Lake are reservoirs and ALL the water is for sale, this is why the FEDS can manipulate the water levels. They can hold it back in Powell to make Mead seem lower, hold more in Mead to make Powell seem lower etc etc. There will be a substantial increase in the water levels soon due to a new contract with Mexico.

Just look at Callville Bay Marina, they are not using their new launch ramp because the level has come up so much, they are back using their old ramp.

Raycer

Reaction score
I talked to a Ranger the other day, he said Mead has already rec'd the 10 feet of water from the Mexico deal. I hope there is a good snow pack. But the chart now shows Powell is going up! From past experience that doesn't bode well for Lake Mead. A couple of years ago when the level was lower than I have ever seen it they put a dam in Boulder Cove to hall dirt out to make the cove deeper. All for a launching area! They didn't do it because the level would ever come up much in the near future. I have been boating on Mead since the early 60's and have never seen Mead so consistently this low.

Raycer

Reaction score
DSCF0310[2].jpg
Took this Picture the other day. First try at this!

Vegaskeith

Reaction score
They to decide to keep Powell empty and mead full. At least there still a good beach at swallow cove. I'll be there on Saturday.

PVHCA

Reaction score
You and I have more info than those useless rangers. They are clueless.

Your pic is great and the lake is more useful at the level it is now for beaches than in the past.

Raycer

Reaction score
I was out today, saw a sign that said Echo Bay Docks closed.! With the water at this lever they had to move 2 marinas on the lower basin. The Govt. wash launch ramp has been closed for years, along with Las Vegas Bay ramp is high and dry. Overton marina is gone. Like I said before, Mead could go up 60 feet, and there would still be plenty of beaches. Plus less crowded ramps. BTW I hit a reef today in a cove in Swallow Bay. I was lucky, just nicked the skag on one outdrive. The reef was not marked and about 50 yards from shore! It was in the cove with the 5 mph buoys, I going wake less.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
You and I have more info than those useless rangers. They are clueless.

Your pic is great and the lake is more useful at the level it is now for beaches than in the past.

Ha ha ! Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that ! When I see those little guard shacks / toll booths springing
up all over , I just think , oh , shit , more worthless salary's and pensions for do nothing people .

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I was out today, saw a sign that said Echo Bay Docks closed.! With the water at this lever they had to move 2 marinas on the lower basin. The Govt. wash launch ramp has been closed for years, along with Las Vegas Bay ramp is high and dry. Overton marina is gone. Like I said before, Mead could go up 60 feet, and there would still be plenty of beaches. Plus less crowded ramps. BTW I hit a reef today in a cove in Swallow Bay. I was lucky, just nicked the skag on one outdrive. The reef was not marked and about 50 yards from shore! It was in the cove with the 5 mph buoys, I going wake less.

You mean this sign...
9942_10151855479548102_527198289_n.jpg

The fuel dock & marina being closed at Echo Bay, has ZERO to do with the water level.

The previous concessioner was not interested in continuing full operations, however the trailer village, RV site, land-based fuel, dry boat storage, launch ramp, courtesy dock, and store/restaurant are still open for business!

PVHCA

Reaction score

See below, Echo had issues with the concessionaire.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Mead seems to be holding steady at 1105, But Powell is now dropping!
http://lakepowell.water-data.com/

I go out to the lake a lot(every weekend).It dropped at least 3 feet in the last 2 weeks!!The old rocks in swallow are starting to appear again along with more trees,etc, losing beaches.................:thumbsdown 1105 my ass!!!!!!They lie!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I talked to a Ranger the other day, he said Mead has already rec'd the 10 feet of water from the Mexico deal. I hope there is a good snow pack. But the chart now shows Powell is going up! From past experience that doesn't bode well for Lake Mead. A couple of years ago when the level was lower than I have ever seen it they put a dam in Boulder Cove to hall dirt out to make the cove deeper. All for a launching area! They didn't do it because the level would ever come up much in the near future. I have been boating on Mead since the early 60's and have never seen Mead so consistently this low.

I talked to the main man... he said they will never let mead fill again...

they drop it ...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
All manipulated numbers. There's so much f'n snow on the Western Rockies it's crazy. I have friends that can't use the CC memberships due to amount of snowfall. The last three winters the golf courses run 5-6 months when they use to run 8-9 months per year.

you got it... they are dumping the water and acting like its a drought...

funny, rain fall graphs say oppisite

pcrussell50

Reaction score
you got it... they are dumping the water and acting like its a drought...

funny, rain fall graphs say oppisite

did any one ever say why they're keeping mead down and dumping water? i wouldn't put it past "the man" to pull a dirtbag stunt like that, but in this case i don't know why.

-peter