WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

XM Radio Renewal

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
My renewal is coming up, anyone know of any great ways to get it cheaper. I'm thinking of cancelling and see if they come back to me with a great deal.

I have read other threads on this (all are many years old.) But the common theme is to get a confirmation of cancel, make sure it's cancelled.... double check. or in 3 months you will have a bill collector contacting you.... sounds like fun :rolleyes:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Its a fight to get it cheaper.....Typically you need to go though 3-4 people and your time. Just be prepared not to have it, then the discounts come in within a few months.

We were able to add another one for 99, but have 5 others already. Moist are 99, 1 or 2 are 150 or so.

hallett21

Reaction score
Spotify [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear Down

Reaction score
Make it easy for yourself...

Just did this...

Ask to reduce the yearly rate to some silly # like $40 or $50 a year... they'll come back with a special rate.. say no again.. hem and haw... take the 6 months rate at $30 and be done with it.. easier for them to do 6 months than a 1 year. It's a headache to do it every 5 months but took me about 15 minutes..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

braindead

Reaction score
My brother was able to get his down by eliminating most of the stations they offer and he's down to I think $15 a month

Mike K

Reaction score
Remember ... never ever ever ever give them your credit card number ... no matter what they say ... tell them you can only pay by check ... once they have your credit card number it is so close to impossible to cancel ... their billing and charges and wrong billing can easily become a nightmare ... almost as bad as trying to get out of a timeshare .... trust me on this !

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Login to your account online. You can cancel from there and it will give you renewal options. I just did this in April 2020. The renewal rates were just as good as calling on the phone. Went with the select plan (includes streaming too) for $60+fees for 12 months. All Access was $100+fees for 12 months.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
My renewal is coming up, anyone know of any great ways to get it cheaper. I'm thinking of cancelling and see if they come back to me with a great deal.

I have read other threads on this (all are many years old.) But the common theme is to get a confirmation of cancel, make sure it's cancelled.... double check. or in 3 months you will have a bill collector contacting you.... sounds like fun :rolleyes:

There's a recent thread and I was able to find it for you:

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Login to your account online. You can cancel from there and it will give you renewal options. I just did this in April 2020. The renewal rates were just as good as calling on the phone. Went with the select plan (includes streaming too) for $60+fees for 12 months. All Access was $100+fees for 12 months.

^^^^^ This!

I did this a few months ago. Don't remember the exact savings but I didn't have to talk to anyone.

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
I have cancelled a couple radios and I always get the 6 month for 30 deal a couple months after cancelling.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
I have lifetime so I don’t have a bill anymore. I got it at after Howard stern came on

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
My last conversation with them was years ago. I asked, "have you heard of the internet?". Cancelled and never looked back, Spotify and podcasts are all I need.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Just saw a TV commercial today saying FREE SiriusXM Radio through July 6th!!

Enjoy 100+ channels in your car, on your phone, and at home. No need to sign up, no credit card, and no commitment required. Available on inactive satellite radios.

FREE SiriusXM Through July 6th! - Julie's Freebies

If you're willing to call every 5 or 6 months (depending on the deal they give at the time) Call the Cancel Services department at ‪866-635-5020‬ and try to hold off until they mention basically their right around $5.00 a month deal.

I always start out with saying 'Due to affordability I may have to Cancel the service...It's been about 10 years now of playing that game.:)

El Chingon

Reaction score

I just renewed this week for the same renewal from last year. $60 plus $13 in taxes so $73 for the XM select for 12 months. In fact I called the phone # and never spoke to an agent. They offered it over the phone through the recording. I agreed and got a confirmation email for $73. Call 866-635-2349 this is the cancellation phone #.

El Chingon

Reaction score

Enjoy 100+ channels in your car, on your phone, and at home. No need to sign up, no credit card, and no commitment required. Available on inactive satellite radios.

If you're willing to call every 5 or 6 months (depending on the deal they give at the time) Call the Cancel Services department at ‪866-635-5020‬ and try to hold off until they mention basically their right around $5.00 a month deal.

I always start out with saying 'Due to affordability I may have to Cancel the service...It's been about 10 years now of playing that game.:)

I have been playing the game a while now too. Surprised they had the $60 renewal through the recording?

boatpi

Reaction score
I have 2 portable systems, one recently from Ebay, both have lifetime XM most channels. I keep one plugged into the wall next to limy Yamaha amp, it receives via FM, used for Vegas house outdoor system, Klipsch speakers, 500 watts. My new RAM has 5 years included.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
I have been playing the game a while now too. Surprised they had the $60 renewal through the recording?
I called May 1st and am good until November 1st...I don't recall hearing that deal so maybe it's a new easier program for the covid-19 stay and work from home deal. 🤔 ... The cost was right around $34.00ish for 6 months....Sometimes they only offer 5 months though.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
excellent and thank you for posting

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I just logged onto their site to confirm my auto renewal date. They are openly offering 5/month for 12 months in their adds.

Groper

Reaction score
We just renewed- $4.95 mo for a year. Lowest I have ever had it.
Haha yes myself included for both vehicles as they expire next month, the renewal WAS going to be $724.22 :oops:

It's just like Suddenlink you tell them your going to cancel every year at the time when you contract is about to expire ;)

Just remember to call or go online once a year a few days before they charge your CC go to your calendar on your phone and set up a reminder.

Ohh did I tell you how much I saved with Geico Ins. for both Boats no layup with 100 mile towing lakes rivers and offshore :cool: