WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

XR Drive friction/grinding recommendations

LC925

Reaction score
So I noticed that my drive (upper) seems to be “grinding” against the transom plate/gimbal when you trim up/down on the Starboard side. I will be taking it into a shop to get some advise on if maybe a shim kit is needed?!? What say the RDP’rs on what I can show here. 600SCI/XR roughly 30 hours on complete set up. Attached both inside and outside views as well as straight down look where you can see there is a large gap on the Port side compared to the Starboard side that’s rubbing. Nothing seems loose. Misaligned?!

Also, safe to assume an exhaust baffle “fell off” because I doubt it’s only used on one side?
788410B0-87AC-4462-963C-12B663481DEC.jpeg
246940DE-B65F-405B-A6C2-CE98A97319B6.jpeg
86FAACAD-2BCC-4662-B891-90E309A2A134.jpeg
B45DF95A-5037-4488-A045-11D4EC821D5A.jpeg
26855987-EDB2-41B5-9721-DA70C052BB64.jpeg
749B5840-F94A-4D3D-B4DA-68C4FAF6863F.jpeg
3BB8E76E-8126-44CA-B8FF-0FDEA2DB480D.jpeg
F3C4C440-58DC-4BAC-9502-84D248D65256.jpeg

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Looks like you are missing some wear plates that are made to set between those sections..... If missing though (mine were) it shouldn't have made that kind of wear, looks like somethings out of alignment.

LC925

Reaction score
Hoping for an easy fix if it’s not too late then.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Throw the black plastic wear pad on there and you're good. The drives are cast with a wear area, unless you have surpassed that you are fine.

LC925

Reaction score
Wear pads should be something most places would carry in Havasu? Thinking about swinging by Iguana since they’ve been getting great reviews from the inmates.

Reactions: DWC

McKay

Reaction score
Yes it looks like you lost a baffle. I have never had that style but have had IMCO rubber ones blow out before. Pretty easy fix as the pin is just friction fit.

wzuber

Reaction score
That’s a bummer because being and RDP member he would have got a 15% discount on in stock parts over the counter from me.
That"s awesome.....how would he have known that? I'm aware you started a new service n town but wasn't aware you gave RDP members discounts.

guest hs

Reaction score
I have offered it for several years to members through my old shop and now my new shop

wzuber

Reaction score
I have offered it for several years to members through my old shop and now my new shop
Right on...I'll ask again. How would he (and the entire RDP community have known that?

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Right on...I'll ask again. How would he (and the entire RDP community have known that?

Namba has posted it, I've seen it......

Not sure why you are going at him when he is hooking the members up.

LC925

Reaction score
I have 6 pairs of these in stock
Got your Pm, I’ll give you a call in a few when I get off these conference calls. I’ll be back in town late Thursday. If you have that exhaust baffle I’ll take one also 👍

LC925

Reaction score
And sorry for missing that you had a shop @namba860 , you will be my go to going forward to support as much as possible.
Is it parts only or parts and service?

guest hs

Reaction score
The shop in Vegas use to advertise on here. Since I’m on my own I haven’t quit had the marketing funds to advertise in here and don’t want to step on any toes on company’s that pay to advertise on here. When I was still working in Vegas I would put a post up Wednesday winter and Thursday summer that I was heading back to Havasu if anyone needed any parts brought down. A lot of people use to hit me up it worked great. I bought the inventory from my old shop in Vegas which had the second largest mercury and Volvo parts dept. in Vegas. Over 300 K in inventory here at my shop in Havasu. I suppose I could put the discount info on my signature line and will show up when I post. Only problem if you do t see my post you don’t see the discount.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Whats the name of your shop and do you have a website?

The shop in Vegas use to advertise on here. Since I’m on my own I haven’t quit had the marketing funds to advertise in here and don’t want to step on any toes on company’s that pay to advertise on here. When I was still working in Vegas I would put a post up Wednesday winter and Thursday summer that I was heading back to Havasu if anyone needed any parts brought down. A lot of people use to hit me up it worked great. I bought the inventory from my old shop in Vegas which had the second largest mercury and Volvo parts dept. in Vegas. Over 300 K in inventory here at my shop in Havasu. I suppose I could put the discount info on my signature line and will show up when I post. Only problem if you do t see my post you don’t see the discount.

guest hs

Reaction score
Havasu Marine Specialties
Web site : Havasumarinespecialties.com
928-412-3808

wzuber

Reaction score
Havasu Marine Specialties
Web site : Havasumarinespecialties.com
928-412-3808
There you go...
promote your new business at every opportunity you can to make certain you get your name, message, hookups etc
Out there until peeps tell you" alright...we got it, we know your shop. Thx"
Wheeler got it.
It's too easy to assume peeps know who you are around here. It will serve you well to be pro-active about getting your name out there everywhere you go. There's no shortage of competition out there for business. I want to see you succeeded. Ima juss tryin to b helpful. You might consider talking w/RD about various ways to promote your biz here to help u grow to the point where your income will allow you to afford to buy advertising here to get to the nxt level of biz. Carry on

guest hs

Reaction score
There you go...
promote your new business at every opportunity you can to make certain you get your name, message, hookups etc
Out there until peeps tell you" alright...we got it, we know your shop. Thx"
Wheeler got it.
It's too easy to assume peeps know who you are around here. It will serve you well to be pro-active about getting your name out there everywhere you go. There's no shortage of competition out there for business. I want to see you succeeded. Ima juss tryin to b helpful. You might consider talking w/RD about various ways to promote your biz here to help u grow to the point where your income will allow you to afford to buy advertising here to get to the nxt level of biz. Carry on
Thank you I appreciate it I’m just trying not to manipulate Dave’s website buy trying to advertise for free.