WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] XR or SC

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Looking to purchase either a XR or SC. Preferably just the upper but will consider a full drive. Boat is a 2008 26 Daytona that currently has a Teague Platinum upper and SC lower (standard, not shorty). Motor is a stock 525.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Anyone have a line up on a XR? Had one lined up and it was sold. Looking to purchase today!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
i found a new xr on ebay from a dealer in washington for $7500. The SC's rob some power and top speed has been known to drop, for me I opted to have Max Machine build the crap out of my XR on my 940hp daytona 26. Ran about $8000, the upside is no performance loss and no re-rig or possible x dimension issues. Barret Marine talked me out of the SC as they felt I would be chasing set up issues for a season.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
If you have a choice, I went with scx upper and Sc lower. On a 26 Daytona,900 hp. it didn’t slow down, the scx is very well built.

Boat 405

Reaction score
If you have a choice, I went with scx upper and Sc lower. On a 26 Daytona,900 hp. it didn’t slow down, the scx is very well built.
Did the boat plane any different when you went to the scx /sc combo from the xr/sc setup?

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Did the boat plane any different when you went to the scx /sc combo from the xr/sc setup?
Yes, it is better, all around, it seems to be better. I might have lost a few mph on top, but I have done other stuff, but 106-110 ? You only know the difference if you look at the gauge. I don’t spend much time at those speeds and I don’t race for pink slips. There is always somebody with a bigger bank account.
(Speed is just a matter of money, how fast do you want to go)

Boat 405

Reaction score
Yes, it is better, all around, it seems to be better. I might have lost a few mph on top, but I have done other stuff, but 106-110 ? You only know the difference if you look at the gauge. I don’t spend much time at those speeds and I don’t race for pink slips. There is always somebody with a bigger bank account.
(Speed is just a matter of money, how fast do you want to go)
Yeah the loss of top speed isn't bad 3-5 mph. The getting on the plane is great to hear

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
i found a new xr on ebay from a dealer in washington for $7500. The SC's rob some power and top speed has been known to drop, for me I opted to have Max Machine build the crap out of my XR on my 940hp daytona 26. Ran about $8000, the upside is no performance loss and no re-rig or possible x dimension issues. Barret Marine talked me out of the SC as they felt I would be chasing set up issues for a season.
That is weird with the power loss, the sc uses the same gear set as the Xr platinum and mmw drives. So I am not understanding the power loss and mph drop on a sc upper? The upper isn’t in the water either.

Boat 405

Reaction score
I just ran my scx/sc2 this past weekend. I lost no speed. Ran just as it had before. I think it planes better too. The cavplate is larger than on the xr. Rolls over easily at 2500 rpm with a stock bravo 4 blade 30 prop.