WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yamaha 250

Andy

Reaction score
Has any tried the new yamaha 4.2l 4stroke on a ski race boat and had any luck with which prop sizes (250hp)

TCHB

Reaction score
I have a pair of Honda 225s on the back of my Playcraft Toon Boat running a pair of 23P props. It is a bigger engine than the Honda.

Reaction score
Not great numbers so far from our friends over seas.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The Suzuki 300 is the steamer that ya might want to consider.
studio.jpg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Im thinking for a ski race boat, you dont want to run a big heavy motor on the transom. It would cause the nose to be lighter and you wont be able to knock down the waves as much without effecting performance by adding ballast and trimming the motor way down and all.

Out of Bounds

Reaction score
we Just finished hanging the new Yamie on a Nordic ski /race and we put the fury 27 pitch and seen very good number that motor is the real deal. I talked to Yamaha before staring the rig and was impressed with the fact of hardly any failures . that is including the bass guys who run the sh## out of there boats

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
we Just finished hanging the new Yamie on a Nordic ski /race and we put the fury 27 pitch and seen very good number that motor is the real deal. I talked to Yamaha before staring the rig and was impressed with the fact of hardly any failures . that is including the bass guys who run the sh## out of there boats

Any pics of this boat? is it a 21 or a 20? so far no one has built a 20 over here except for the nordic racing team.

wcms_nick

Reaction score
The Offshore model is about 560 lbs. They come in 25" and 30" shafts and are also fly by wire. The V-Max series for the bass boats is a 20" shaft that is 508 lbs which is still cable shift and throttle. Let me know if you want any more information on these motors.