WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yamaha superjet gurus

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Yamaha guys please correct me if I'm wrong, but a twin carb 701 I believe is equipped with twin 42mm Mikuni SBN carbs.

All SBN carbs up to 42mm use the same kit. The 44 uses a different kit

badluck

Reaction score
I thought I read bn44 but I wanted to confirm. The diaphragms look warped but the insides were clean.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Sounds flooded.
Pull the plugs, kill the fuel and let it rip for 10 second intervals @WOT with a 1 minute break while throwing a shot or two of some starting fluid in it to turn the bad fuel back into a gas so it can exit the EX. ports. I know some will say NO Starting fluid. If it's flooded there will still be plenty of lubrication. New plugs. You are just looking for some good pops and a fire. All I have. Good luck

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
I thought I read bn44 but I wanted to confirm. The diaphragms look warped but the insides were clean.
Pretty sure stock 701 carbs are sbn 38. BN 44 is a round body bastard carb. How did your reeds look?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Baja 252

Reaction score
Your carbs are 38’s. On XH2O there is a guy JetManiac, order the real kits from him. Good prices and fast shipping. Don’t buy knock off rebuild kits.

badluck

Reaction score
This thing tries to start several times then backfires through the exhaust. Wtf? Plugs are wet so it’s getting fuel and it’s got plenty of spark

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Sounds like Bad Luck. Sorry had to say it.Good luck Take it to a pro.If you are in Orange Conty, go to Robert @ Jetworks on 16th street in Costa Mesa. I have given he and his brother countless $$'s since the 80's.

Pattle

Reaction score
From Yelp I can see that there is a JetWorks in Costa Mesa where Robert works on skis. There is also a Jetworks Performance in Santa Ana where Art works on skis. Confusing. Are they related at all?

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
From Yelp I can see that there is a JetWorks in Costa Mesa where Robert works on skis. There is also a Jetworks Performance in Santa Ana where Art works on skis. Confusing. Are they related at all?

Yes related, two very different mindsets. I'll leave it that. I speak to Robert fairly often at the CM Location. Haven't spoken to ART in "YEARS". they have their own separate deals now.

badluck

Reaction score
Well, I went out to the garage this evening and was cleaning up a bit. Let’s see if this bitch fires up or backfires. Hit the start button and after about 3seconds bam it runs! Idle is definitely high and I’m pretty sure I never touched the screws. Started several times very easy. I’ll put it on the hose tomorrow. The carb cleaner and fresh 100 octane may have cleaned it out. Things are looking up

4Waters

Reaction score
Well, I went out to the garage this evening and was cleaning up a bit. Let’s see if this bitch fires up or backfires. Hit the start button and after about 3seconds bam it runs! Idle is definitely high and I’m pretty sure I never touched the screws. Started several times very easy. I’ll put it on the hose tomorrow. The carb cleaner and fresh 100 octane may have cleaned it out. Things are looking up
Sweet

riverroyal

Reaction score
Nice