WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yay thieves!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Tried to steal my truck last night. Popped the lock in. So I had an extra set of handles, removed the lock rod completely and installed rears with no door lock hole instead. Ordered another set of rears so they’re all new and match. Sigh. Police report filed etc. What’s worse is it’s right in front of my house.

32223016-8182-4D59-B65A-76EC8063720E.jpeg
45B04925-36BF-40C3-A8CC-5ED2C28F2245.jpeg
18456912-2618-4065-9678-6FB4F59B4134.jpeg

Community

Reaction score
I had that happen on my Superduty.....twice....aggravating!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
That sucks and thankfully they were not successful. I can guarantee they will return.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The switch to disarm the factory alarm is in the door latch mechanism on these, so if the lock cylinder is punched out of the door handle with a screwdriver, all you have to do is push it downward to unlock the door and disarm the alarm.

But he said he had his disconnected, if I'm reading his story right?

I'd never trust a factory alarm. But that's just me.

oldschool

Reaction score
There is a product called a Jimmi Jammer, its a plate that blocks the lock mechanism if they punch the key lock. I put one in our old Denali after we had the rear seat stolen. Also took the key lock out , just make sure you never lose the key fob or battery goes dead.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
But he said he had his disconnected, if I'm reading his story right?

I'd never trust a factory alarm. But that's just me.

He said he removed it when he switched over the handle with no lock cylinder.

cxr

Reaction score
Not sure that is going to be adequate.
On my Tahoe. They punched a small hole
Right below where that black housing meets the paint. And opened my truck. 😫

oldschool

Reaction score
Not sure that is going to be adequate.
On my Tahoe. They punched a small hole
Right below where that black housing meets the paint. And opened my truck. 😫
Jimmi Jammer will stop this, or it should.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Jimmi Jammer will stop this, or it should.

yeah I think the only way to stop em would be to have a shroud over the lock mechanism. It’s a little tiny lever still inside the door.

then again breaking the window takes like two seconds. I’ll be looking into some type of ignition or battery disconnect.

the worst part of all of it is knowing someone followed me home... probably have to start parking it in the driveway with my Mini Cooper in front of it.

4Waters

Reaction score
The switch to disarm the factory alarm is in the door latch mechanism on these, so if the lock cylinder is punched out of the door handle with a screwdriver, all you have to do is push it downward to unlock the door and disarm the alarm.
Cut the wires and hook them up to the dome light switch

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Viper makes some real nice alarm systems. Remote start. Remote window operation. Shock/motion sensors, lots of handy options. I have one on my truck, and I've install Lots of them.

No issues. 👍

oldschool

Reaction score
yeah I think the only way to stop em would be to have a shroud over the lock mechanism. It’s a little tiny lever still inside the door.

then again breaking the window takes like two seconds. I’ll be looking into some type of ignition or battery disconnect.

the worst part of all of it is knowing someone followed me home... probably have to start parking it in the driveway with my Mini Cooper in front of it.
It’s a steel plate that mounts inside the door. Between the handle/keyhole and the mechanism. But you are correct, won’t help with a broken window.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Shave the handles, remote poppers.
That's what my buddy did after some some tried peeling the handle off with a tire iron.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I live rural. The plan is to shoot, shovel, and shut up...........

There are jokes among the neighborhood over who has a backhoe and what dead animal you put in the hole at about 5 feed ---- about 10 feet above the actual carcass.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Actually in today’s world , you are at fault . You are privileged and the perp was only trying to feed his family. If in La co you would be fined / prosecuted for locking the truck. 😎

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
It's past time to start stringing these people up when caught and in public view so they see what's going to happen when they get caught. It should also be done in front of their families so they see how well daddy or whoever fucked up.

hallett21

Reaction score
You could wire up some LV landscape lights and put a motion on them for anyone trying to walk up the driveway. Instant lights might scare them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Someone on a Facebook group mentioned intercepting the starter wire deep in the harness and running it through a monetary switch to complete the circuit. It could be a separate button or even like a turn signal or high beams having to hold it down for the starter circuit to complete. Kinda sounded like a good idea. I’ve had and installed a viper alarm and they’re all the same. A normally closed relay on the starter all you have to do is find and pull fuses to defeat. Lame.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Someone on a Facebook group mentioned intercepting the starter wire deep in the harness and running it through a monetary switch to complete the circuit. It could be a separate button or even like a turn signal or high beams having to hold it down for the starter circuit to complete. Kinda sounded like a good idea. I’ve had and installed a viper alarm and they’re all the same. A normally closed relay on the starter all you have to do is find and pull fuses to defeat. Lame.

That would work, or just a hidden switch for the fuel pump relay if you didn’t want to do as much work.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The problem with a switch is I would have to constantly remember to turn it off

Yea there is that.

interrupting the starter relay wire will work, just some extra work to make that reliable.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
View attachment 993023

He’ll wake you up. You just gotta open the door [emoji6]

my daughter is obsessed with German shepherds. Multiple stuffed animals, tshirts etc. She would have one in a heartbeat. We have a blind yorkie that wouldn’t be as enthusiastic with a new puppy though. Hah.

hallett21

Reaction score
my daughter is obsessed with German shepherds. Multiple stuffed animals, tshirts etc. She would have one in a heartbeat. We have a blind yorkie that wouldn’t be as enthusiastic with a new puppy though. Hah.

He would jump through a glass window into a fire for my wife. Can’t say enough good things about the breed for looking after the family.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
He would jump through a glass window into a fire for my wife. Can’t say enough good things about the breed for looking after the family.

But will they look after a truck??

hallett21

Reaction score
But will they look after a truck??

Lol.

Funny story when we first moved into our house I had the dump trailer hooked to the truck in the street.

I sleep like a dead person. Well Oakley starts going ballistic and my wife wakes me up. She says someone is stealing your truck. I tell her to go back to bed lol. Once I finally woke up and saw my truck lights on we head towards the door. Oakley goes tearing after these guys and I’ve never seen people run so fast. They dove into the getaway car like their lives depended on it.

The only reason they didn’t get the truck was because they were too stupid to get the dump trailer off the truck. No idea why they didn’t take the whole rig.

C-2

Reaction score
I need to order the Jimmy Jammers, I started with the Cyclops ignition kill. Great unit for $165, nice components and you literally just replace a relay on the fuse block. On my Excursion the fuse block is on the inside, took about a minute to install. I also bought an oldschool club. Still looking for something to protect the cats.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
The problem with a switch is I would have to constantly remember to turn it off
The real problem is remembering to turn the switch on when you leave. I did this on a Chevy stepside, but it was carbureted. It would give you just enough gas to start it, and get out in the street, then it would run out of gas. LOL.

Sent From Tapatalk

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Obviously you need to remove the temptation, trade me for my old 85 square body and you won’t have these problems.😂

cold_one

Reaction score
That sucks. Lucky no damage to the door skin. I had the metal plates in mine and they pryed open my door skin around the handle and opened my door to steal my old one.

Pretty bold of them to do it right in your drive way. What city do you live in?

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Yeah they stole my 04 twice the same way in front of my work. Brave fuckers they left it in a park in La Puente. I’m sure they were waiting to see if I had LoJack. Well I did and the lock and ignition were fucked up. What deterred them from actually stealing it?