WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Years ago there was a video on YouTube

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That showed this guy with a truck on monster tires that actually floated abnd it was footage of them partying on it.. people were grabbing the tires snd going round and round.. it looked like good ole Redneck fun. I think it was in Louisiana?

Anyhow this is the first time I have seen someone do something similar.. albeit not as cool as the original video I saw..

It floats!

whistlindiesel if ya want to look the kid up

F837C29B-7920-4F61-BCFA-9F2086B45E9F.jpeg
C6542166-B089-4BFE-8596-EDF631AB0C12.jpeg
BF34B422-29E4-4E11-A23D-54010EF858A4.jpeg

wzuber

Reaction score
crazzy.........nuthin like a bit of spare time on your hands, expendable cash and a thought.......how would/could this work????
prolly a pile of drugs involved too, ya know, to get the creativity juices flowing and enroll some buddies to help out. haha

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
While I credit the workmanship, If that is salt water, he just f’d it up even more

You have not seen his videos.. He bought a SEMA build F350 just to destroy it for You Tube.

Capture.JPG

Reactions: TPC

JBZ

Reaction score
That showed this guy with a truck on monster tires that actually floated abnd it was footage of them partying on it.. people were grabbing the tires snd going round and round.. it looked like good ole Redneck fun. I think it was in Louisiana?

Anyhow this is the first time I have seen someone do something similar.. albeit not as cool as the original video I saw..

It floats!

whistlindiesel if ya want to look the kid up

View attachment 943403 View attachment 943404 View attachment 943405
Heres one
at about 2:37 dude on tires

fmo24

Reaction score
You should see the razors and such down here. Look like old time mud buggies. Lol

Reactions: TPC

propcheck

Reaction score
WD makes his money wrecking crap on youtube. If only I had known i have destroyed tons of cars and only got yelled at😂

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Good Old Archimedes...

A body at rest in a fluid is acted upon by a force pushing upward called the buoyant force, which is equal to the weight of the fluid that the body displaces. If the body is completely submerged, the volume of fluid displaced is equal to the volume of the body. If the body is only partially submerged, the volume of the fluid displaced is equal to the volume of the part of the body that is submerged.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I watched it....think I even posted it on here. What a retard that guy is. Guess his videos were worth more than the truck because people bought his swag
Yea I don't know.. interesting gamble for sure.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
At 1.39 million subscribers, I'm pretty sure he got his money back in the first 30 seconds of the first of many videos destroying the truck... I would say the kid is quite the opposite of retarded.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Yea... $100K is a big expense though, and it only has a finite amount of content.... once its destroyed, its destroyed. Hes probably looking at it as in investment in gaining subscribers. There are just as many dumb Youtubers as there are smart ones.

Doug DeMuro has a huge following and has what appear to be almost 0 costs. People and dealers let him review their cars so he has free material.

Guys like Cleetus McFarland seem to be on the other end of the spectrum. Hes put a lot of money out there, but at least he has some real estate (racetrack) and actual cars that he continues to make content with.

Sherpa

Reaction score
no respect on equipment, or anything............. just beats up stuff........

-S

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
One of the old school 80s monster trucks ran your typical "floats", 66x44 tires I believe? He had a prop mounted to the pinion brake on the 5ton axle. I think it had hull numbers for Louisiana! The above truck must be heavier than an old mud truck, to need duals in the front. That, or maybe it gets tipsy with the narrow axles?

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
One of the old school 80s monster trucks ran your typical "floats", 66x44 tires I believe? He had a prop mounted to the pinion brake on the 5ton axle. I think it had hull numbers for Louisiana! The above truck must be heavier than an old mud truck, to need duals in the front. That, or maybe it gets tipsy with the narrow axles?

Plenty of videos of Bigfoot in the water, pretty badass actually.

Mototrig

Reaction score
At 1.39 million subscribers, I'm pretty sure he got his money back in the first 30 seconds of the first of many videos destroying the truck... I would say the kid is quite the opposite of retarded.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Yeah that's why I counteracted my retard quote with what he got in return with swag/viewers for destroying a 1 off sema truck. Guess I'm the retard cause I wouldn't make that gamble

Apex svt

Reaction score
When I first started watching him, I thought what an asshole. But by video 3 I got it, now he’s one of my favorite youtubers. Hasn’t put out a bad video.

WYRD

Reaction score
WD is HIGHLY successful! Some of you make $ behind a computer, he makes his $ destroying shit on YT. Haters gonna hate!
Well he might be making money but IMHO He's still a worthless drain on being a productive member of society. What he does provides no value other than wow factor. If that's his legacy, rock on.... Just not my cup of tea

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I have never been disappointed in a wheeler post. :)

Well he might be making money but IMHO He's still a worthless drain on being a productive member of society. What he does provides no value other than wow factor. If that's his legacy, rock on.... Just not my cup of tea

Lighten up Francis. It's all entertainment.
Laugh or cry. We all have days without a doubt.
The important part is which side of the glass do you see.
In our current times I hope you see half full.

Last edited:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Average income for someone who uses Youtube as a business and has 1million followers is $57,200.00 a year.

Keep in mind, I just pulled that off of Google and who knows how else they make money by being on Youtube. Just an FYI.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Average income for someone who uses Youtube as a business and has 1million followers is $57,200.00 a year.

Keep in mind, I just pulled that off of Google and who knows how else they make money by being on Youtube. Just an FYI.
I thought they made more than that. Still not bad for not getting ones hands dirty. Thanks for the info.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

I believe that’s just for YouTube monetization. They get additional revenue direct from advertisers and whatnot who have product to peddle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Grave digger. Half million dollar rig if not more goes and jumps around, beats up the vehicle, flips it, destroys it over and over “omg cool”. A guy does it on YouTube “omg he destroyed that truck he’s stupid!” I love all these triggered idiots who complain just because someone is being successful in a non traditional manner. “Omg he ripped a sema truck to pieces and destroyed it!” Dude clearly made 5x what he paid for it in videos.

the best part about the WD truck in the ocean video was all the police scrambling thru their books trying to find a reason for him not to do it.

HCP3

Reaction score
His channel is very polarizing. You either love the channel or hate it. I think it is great entertainment. Just wait until he pisses off the Jeep crowd in an upcoming video 🤣.

yz450mm

Reaction score
"How much money does MrBeast make?

The channel has over 48 million subscribers as of 2020 and has accumulated over 9 billion views so far. It is able to get an average of 11 million views per day from different sources. It is able to get an average of $55,000 per day ($20 million a year) from the ads that run on the videos."

He is 22 years old, and a self made multi-millionaire... these kids are finding ways to make tons of money making videos of themselves doing fun stuff, sounds pretty smart to me.

(His is a different channel than WD, but same concept)

WYRD

Reaction score
I have never been disappointed in a wheeler post. :)

Lighten up Francis. It's all entertainment.
Laugh or cry. We all have days without a doubt.
The important part is which side of the glass do you see.
In our current times I hope you see half full.
Mehh, my glass level varies as the days go by. I enjoy my entertainment which doesn't include LAM types with nothing better to do than tear shit up. My real issue is not so much with him but with all the lame ass followers that idolize him and will try to mimic his behavior in their own private circles. In the long run that kind of attitude tears apart the fabric of our society (think big diesels rolling coal, imports drifting through residential neighborhoods, channel water cannons, quad/dirtbike mob rides, or any other form of "entertainment" nuisance), but again that's just one worthless opinion of a middle-aged guy who's getting older by the minute.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I believe that’s just for YouTube monetization. They get additional revenue direct from advertisers and whatnot who have product to peddle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am doing this internet shit all wrong.. if only there was a guy I knew... :confused:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I am doing this internet shit all wrong.. if only there was a guy I knew... :confused:

I never really played in that arena. I’m more top-down branding guy. Paid promotions are further down the purchase funnel, but I’m not oblivious to it either.

The paid promotion stuff is what I was referring to, like “5 Star Tuning” paying these guys at TFL to promote their services. It looks like content, but it’s paid-for content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
"How much money does MrBeast make?

The channel has over 48 million subscribers as of 2020 and has accumulated over 9 billion views so far. It is able to get an average of 11 million views per day from different sources. It is able to get an average of $55,000 per day ($20 million a year) from the ads that run on the videos."

He is 22 years old, and a self made multi-millionaire... these kids are finding ways to make tons of money making videos of themselves doing fun stuff, sounds pretty smart to me.

(His is a different channel than WD, but same concept)

Never heard of him until your post. :eek:

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score

Try the same as streetspeed717. He sells merch and raffles off cars/trucks/etc. he’s given away lambos, brand new trucks, 2020 corvettes and sells a shitload of product all while making video monetization for those vehicles hand over fist. Sell some rdp gear and raffle off some things. A slide anchor is what, $100? You probably make $5 a shirt profit? You don’t think you could sell 20 tshirts just to cut even for a giveaway? Hell maybe a few months from now we might see a 2021 schiada giveaway! Buy one, make a bunch of videos driving it around and then raffle it off.

this month is a 900hp c6 zr1.