WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yellowstone RV Parks

Done-it-again

Reaction score
For the ones who have done Yellowstone.

I need some rv park recommendations, would like to book something for next year.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I was just in West Yellowstone earlier this week/weekend. We stayed at the Grizzly RV park, it was very nice, not cramped at all, full hookups, etc......The only issue we had was they only allowed Propane fire pits, and the town was sold out of those, so it was pretty cold at night.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I was just in West Yellowstone earlier this week/weekend. We stayed at the Grizzly RV park, it was very nice, not cramped at all, full hookups, etc......The only issue we had was they only allowed Propane fire pits, and the town was sold out of those, so it was pretty cold at night.
thanks. Just checked them out and can’t book for 2022 till oct 1.

DLC

Reaction score
We also did Grizzly RV park! They had open areas where we could walk the dogs off leash and play ball ( fetch )

we stayed a few days in the Jackson Hole area and checked out the Tetons, then drove up to Grizzly RV park, we also took a day to drive through Cody Wy. There is a lot to see and Do!

we went in early June the week before schools got out and before Father’s Day, we had snow on the ground and got a freak snow storm, wind and COLD! it didn’t last long, then the mosquitos came out !!

the park is figured like an 8 w/ upper loop and a lower loop

so if you have an early AM activity / tour you have a lot of driving to do and speed limit in the park is 35. We did a Yellowstone in a Day tour and had to get up at 4:30am to get to the take off point on time.

we also did a Photo safari semi private ( small group ) tour. It was a fun Time! It was an early AM meet

the Chuck Wagon dinner is something not to be missed! But that means driving back at night / dark

there is a ton of wild animals that just roam the park and sometimes stop in the road way and that causes delays. And People ARE STUPID!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Can't remember the name, but we stayed in the one, inside the park, over by Yellowstone Lake.

I have a 26ft trailer and it was Super tight! That was the limit on what the would take.

If I was going to go again, I'd drive my car and stay in a hotel somewhere. With the price of fuel, it would probably work out the same.

WYRD

Reaction score
We want to do this trip someday soon as well. Wife has family in North Utah so will likely base there and do the hotel or cabin rental near Yellowstone.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Can't remember the name, but we stayed in the one, inside the park, over by Yellowstone Lake.

I have a 26ft trailer and it was Super tight! That was the limit on what the would take.

If I was going to go again, I'd drive my car and stay in a hotel somewhere. With the price of fuel, it would probably work out the same.
You might rethink that if hotels are like they were this year. We were paying around $300 a night for 2 star hotels at best.. Part of why we said screw it and just went to my in-laws cabin in Washington for the second half of our road trip. I'll never ever book a summer hotel in Bozeman again...motel 6 around $300 no elevator, 4th floor with a baby...yea fuck that.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You might rethink that if hotels are like they were this year. We were paying around $300 a night for 2 star hotels at best.. Part of why we said screw it and just went to my in-laws cabin in Washington for the second half of our road trip. I'll never ever book a summer hotel in Bozeman again...motel 6 around $300 no elevator, 4th floor with a baby...yea fuck that.
😱

Considering I just spent a little over 400.00 in fuel to go to Mammoth and back from SoCal, I still think the 300.00 a night might be cheaper?

Today I'd just spend the 500.00 a night and stay in the park.

I'm glad I don't have to figure it out. And I'm Really glad I made the treks up north when traveling was a whole lot less expensive. 😝