WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yellowstone RV Parks

Done-it-again

Reaction score
For the ones who have done Yellowstone.

I need some rv park recommendations, would like to book something for next year.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I was just in West Yellowstone earlier this week/weekend. We stayed at the Grizzly RV park, it was very nice, not cramped at all, full hookups, etc......The only issue we had was they only allowed Propane fire pits, and the town was sold out of those, so it was pretty cold at night.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I was just in West Yellowstone earlier this week/weekend. We stayed at the Grizzly RV park, it was very nice, not cramped at all, full hookups, etc......The only issue we had was they only allowed Propane fire pits, and the town was sold out of those, so it was pretty cold at night.

thanks. Just checked them out and can’t book for 2022 till oct 1.

DLC

Reaction score
We also did Grizzly RV park! They had open areas where we could walk the dogs off leash and play ball ( fetch )

we stayed a few days in the Jackson Hole area and checked out the Tetons, then drove up to Grizzly RV park, we also took a day to drive through Cody Wy. There is a lot to see and Do!

we went in early June the week before schools got out and before Father’s Day, we had snow on the ground and got a freak snow storm, wind and COLD! it didn’t last long, then the mosquitos came out !!

the park is figured like an 8 w/ upper loop and a lower loop

so if you have an early AM activity / tour you have a lot of driving to do and speed limit in the park is 35. We did a Yellowstone in a Day tour and had to get up at 4:30am to get to the take off point on time.

we also did a Photo safari semi private ( small group ) tour. It was a fun Time! It was an early AM meet

the Chuck Wagon dinner is something not to be missed! But that means driving back at night / dark

there is a ton of wild animals that just roam the park and sometimes stop in the road way and that causes delays. And People ARE STUPID!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Can't remember the name, but we stayed in the one, inside the park, over by Yellowstone Lake.

I have a 26ft trailer and it was Super tight! That was the limit on what the would take.

If I was going to go again, I'd drive my car and stay in a hotel somewhere. With the price of fuel, it would probably work out the same.

WYRD

Reaction score
We want to do this trip someday soon as well. Wife has family in North Utah so will likely base there and do the hotel or cabin rental near Yellowstone.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Can't remember the name, but we stayed in the one, inside the park, over by Yellowstone Lake.

I have a 26ft trailer and it was Super tight! That was the limit on what the would take.

If I was going to go again, I'd drive my car and stay in a hotel somewhere. With the price of fuel, it would probably work out the same.

You might rethink that if hotels are like they were this year. We were paying around $300 a night for 2 star hotels at best.. Part of why we said screw it and just went to my in-laws cabin in Washington for the second half of our road trip. I'll never ever book a summer hotel in Bozeman again...motel 6 around $300 no elevator, 4th floor with a baby...yea fuck that.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You might rethink that if hotels are like they were this year. We were paying around $300 a night for 2 star hotels at best.. Part of why we said screw it and just went to my in-laws cabin in Washington for the second half of our road trip. I'll never ever book a summer hotel in Bozeman again...motel 6 around $300 no elevator, 4th floor with a baby...yea fuck that.

😱

Considering I just spent a little over 400.00 in fuel to go to Mammoth and back from SoCal, I still think the 300.00 a night might be cheaper?

Today I'd just spend the 500.00 a night and stay in the park.

I'm glad I don't have to figure it out. And I'm Really glad I made the treks up north when traveling was a whole lot less expensive. 😝

LC925

Reaction score
thanks. Just checked them out and can’t book for 2022 till oct 1.
Doing a trip to Grizzly park June 22-29th. I just booked earlier today and grabbed the last Premium pull through site, I think they opened for reservations yesterday. I got the last spot (of that style) so book soon. Depending on when you plan on going, you are more than welcome to join our group, 8-10 RVS as of now and a couple cabins.

Thanks for that propane info, I’ll relay to our group as it will be our first time.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
We also did Grizzly RV park! They had open areas where we could walk the dogs off leash and play ball ( fetch )

we stayed a few days in the Jackson Hole area and checked out the Tetons, then drove up to Grizzly RV park, we also took a day to drive through Cody Wy. There is a lot to see and Do!

we went in early June the week before schools got out and before Father’s Day, we had snow on the ground and got a freak snow storm, wind and COLD! it didn’t last long, then the mosquitos came out !!

the park is figured like an 8 w/ upper loop and a lower loop

so if you have an early AM activity / tour you have a lot of driving to do and speed limit in the park is 35. We did a Yellowstone in a Day tour and had to get up at 4:30am to get to the take off point on time.

we also did a Photo safari semi private ( small group ) tour. It was a fun Time! It was an early AM meet

the Chuck Wagon dinner is something not to be missed! But that means driving back at night / dark

there is a ton of wild animals that just roam the park and sometimes stop in the road way and that causes delays. And People ARE STUPID!

What campground did you stay in Jackson hole?

DLC

Reaction score
I don’t remember, I think it was grand Teton National park, or state park and then we drove the jeep back into Jackson Hole.

I’ll check my old computer tomorrow.

when we checked in the people were wearing uniforms and it was snowing and the signs were a dark brown with yellow writing … it wasn’t like a private campground

its kind of weird what you remember….

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Doing a trip to Grizzly park June 22-29th. I just booked earlier today and grabbed the last Premium pull through site, I think they opened for reservations yesterday. I got the last spot (of that style) so book soon. Depending on when you plan on going, you are more than welcome to join our group, 8-10 RVS as of now and a couple cabins.

Thanks for that propane info, I’ll relay to our group as it will be our first time.

Thanks for the heads up and the offer. We are staying in William for memorial weekend then planning on leaving from there to Jackson hole/Tetons then to Yellowstone then back home.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I don’t remember, I think it was grand Teton National park, or state park and then we drove the jeep back into Jackson Hole.

when we checked in the people were wearing uniforms and it was snowing and the signs were a dark brown with yellow writing … it wasn’t like a private campground

Thanks.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
currently renovating but should be ready 2022 season

This is where we stayed when we went a few years ago. Park was very tight for larger rigs (we had a 30’ trailer and it almost didn’t make it. Was told when they renovate they were making it for larger rigs.

My only gripe was the mosquitos were nuts.

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
What campground did you stay in Jackson hole?
We recently stayed at the Fireside Resort a couple miles outside of Jackson on the way to Teton Village. It was a nice park. They had free bikes you could use and it was nice to not be in the craziness of downtown.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
All booked now...

Starting in Williams Koa for memorial weekend like we do every year. May 26th-30th

Will find a parking lot to sleep the night of the 30th somewhere.... lol

May 31st - June 4th at Fireside Resort
June 4-10 at Grizzly Rv
Then start to head home.... Nothing booked on the way back, will play it by day.

Thanks for all the help guys......

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Jackson WY has a great RV park and Jackson is a great town for restaurants etc.

It's probably more expensive than west yellowstone or others, but it is Jackson.

Done-it-again

Reaction score

can share were you found the tours and the chuck wagon dinner.....

DLC

Reaction score
I don’t see the tours I took on the web site.

they must have changed things from when I went.

teded

Reaction score
1633037469366.png

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Jackson WY has a great RV park and Jackson is a great town for restaurants etc.

It's probably more expensive than west yellowstone or others, but it is Jackson.

Whats the name of the park? Yep…Jackson is very nice

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Whats the name of the park? Yep…Jackson is very nice

After looking at the map i'm pretty sure it was the Virginian.

Nice and easy walking distance to the main part of town.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
After looking at the map i'm pretty sure it was the Virginian.

Nice and easy walking distance to the main part of town.

Tx. I have been thru that area and YS tons of times but would not be able to fit the current rig in where I have stayed in the past. Absolutely love that entire area.

Riverhound

Reaction score
We've stayed at Yellowstone Edge Rv Park right on the Yellowstone River off hwy89 about 30 miles outside of the park... Great place to use as a base camp and just drove the car into the park each day.

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
Check out Henry's Lake State Park between West Yellowstone and Island Park.