WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yelp reviews / sentence composition

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I just got through reading a few miscellaneous Yelp reviews ...Wow ! We are in trouble ! Does anyone ever read their handi-work before clicking done ? Don’t most devices now come with some sort of auto-correct ? Some of these people may be making sincere / legitimate complaints, but the way their sentence’s are constructed , how can anyone take them seriously ? Am I being too critical ?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I just got through reading a few miscellaneous Yelp reviews ...Wow ! We are in trouble ! Does anyone ever read their handi-work before clicking done ? Don’t most devices now come with some sort of auto-correct ? Some of these people may be making sincere / legitimate complaints, but the way their sentence’s are constructed , how can anyone take them seriously ? Am I being too critical ?

Those are the reviews that are legit.
It's the over-embellished, perfect sentence structure, detailed, flattering reviews that are fake.
Car dealers are notorious for fake, 5 star Yelp reviews.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'd say they are mostly sincere reviews when posted by the "grammatically challenged". In most cases in SoCal, I could tell by the wording if they were truly "special", or just didn't have a good grasp on english.

Sometimes they're just entertaining as hell though.

grumpy88

Reaction score
We had trees trimmed today by a guy my wife found on yelp . He did a very good job and she was going to leave a nice review . We are not yelp people by the way . Now im curious to read her review ! Lol

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just take a gander at Facebook these days. No one knows how to write the English language anymore. It drives me crazy.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
To the ————- reastaurant Your stayke suks balz. And yor potatows broke mt last tooth. Yor waytress wuz rude and smeeled like an achovyz ass. We wll not b bac. Think u. :D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Just take a gander at Facebook these days. No one knows how to write the English language anymore. It drives me crazy.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk
I read rdp posts and have the same reactions😬😬