WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yes once again another thread on POS burb

rvrmom

Reaction score
So last week the passenger side window...went down for lack of better words. I guess it's off track??? It did not break. WTF...

It has rattled for a while now and BNAG LOL

Who do I take this to?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I don't know where u are at. But I'd go to downtown la

rvrmom

Reaction score
LMAO you have no idea

Do a search on my broke down POS burb threads.. it's fucking ridic LOL

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Get a phillips screw driver, remove all of the perimeter screws, pull the door panel loose, reach in there and push it back up. Maybe wedge a 2X4 under it to keep it from happening again....

rvrmom

Reaction score
Get a phillips screw driver, remove all of the perimeter screws, pull the door panel loose, reach in there and push it back up. Maybe wedge a 2X4 under it to keep it from happening again....

Thanks Carl.. going over to Dad's later. I told him about it.

It was funny last week I had Ry pushing the button up and I was trying to pull the window up. Comedy :p

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Might be the regulator Rvrmom, dealer will bend you over, $4-500. Probably a $175 part on Amazon, maybe your dad could do it if you find that to be the problem.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
So last week the passenger side window...went down for lack of better words. I guess it's off track??? It did not break. WTF...

It has rattled for a while now and BNAG LOL

Who do I take this to?
What year make and model ?

JRS1939

Reaction score
Window regulator is broken or cane unwound

rvrmom

Reaction score
Might be the regulator Rvrmom, dealer will bend you over, $4-500. Probably a $175 part on Amazon, maybe your dad could do it if you find that to be the problem.

Ahh you're shitting me :skull Fuck Seriously

2001 Burb

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
That's y I recommended downtown I think I paid less than 175 for my dad's old jeep

28Eliminator

Reaction score
My ownership of 2 suburbans, a 94, and a 98, cured me of ever owning another GM product for the rest of my life.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Go on YouTube and search for suburban window problem and there are videos that give you step by step direction on how to fix it yourself.

My sons window on his civic went off track and I found the video for him and sent it to him. When I got home he was already working on it and I helped him finish the job.

Good luck

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Ahh you're shitting me :skull Fuck Seriously

2001 Burb

Of course you have to make sure that's the problem. I let dealer replace one on daughters Impala bc I was out of town, $500. It happened on another window and I bought one made by Dorman for about $175 and did it myself. The regulators have some plastic parts that break, go figure.

On Amazon search "widow regulator 2001 suburban" and see what you find.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

That's how I fixed my Jeep Cherokee!!:D

thmterry

Reaction score
probably just the gears in the window motor. Regulators don't break very often

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
[video=youtube;6q_ksIGOPKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q_ksIGOPKk[/video]

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
[video=youtube;6q_ksIGOPKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q_ksIGOPKk[/video]

Not sure if she said it stopped going up and down completely or not. Been dealing with mine off and on for awhile now. Pain in the ass. Replaced door handles, etc. The front part of the rail on mine actually cracked at a welded point. Finally got it fixed (band aid) as I had to remove the whole metal panel to fix shit when replacing the interior door handle. One bigger bolt that holds the metal door panel in place is a through bolt...it's bolted on the backside where the cracked portion of the window rail is. :rolleyes Stupid fucking design. I was able to spin the bolt and get it stabilized to the rail. I've had that god damn thing apart 100 times. :grumble:

zhandfull

Reaction score
Go on YouTube and search for suburban window problem and there are videos that give you step by step direction on how to fix it yourself.

My sons window on his civic went off track and I found the video for him and sent it to him. When I got home he was already working on it and I helped him finish the job.

Good luck

Youtube is the shit! I've been fixing all sorts of things with it, clothes dryer igniter, multifunction swith on my F250, you name it there is a video. I'm seriously conisdering doing the overdue timing belt service on my V6 dual overhead cam vehicle. They have a redneck how to video on it. lol...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
probably just the gears in the window motor. Regulators don't break very often

Your talking about an old school steel regulator. The new cable operated ones break all that damm time! They use plastic pulleys for the cables, and the pulleys just self destruct.

If this is the one you have either the plastic gear in the motor went bad (as thmterry said), or the plastic deals on the ends of the arms broke off.

Have your dad pull it apart. Either way it's an easy fix. :)

http://www.amazon.com/CHEVY-SUBURBAN-82-91-WINDOW-REGULATOR/dp/B00C7XZMMO

rvrmom

Reaction score
Thank you... you guy's are the best. I was gonna go to Dad's for supper but Ry came home early from the river