WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yes, People ARE leaving California

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Nope. Wasn’t meant for you LP. Can’t fault someone who‘s being priced out of the home market where they live and want to try finding greener pastures. Best of luck to you my man. My post is for all the haters that for years enjoyed the benefits California has to offer and then decide to bail and talk about how fucked up California is and lump all of us into same group. LA and Bay Area doesn’t represent the rest of California.
They dont..... but they make the laws for the rest of it and force the rest to follow said laws. No matter to absurdity or appropriateness. The tree huggers in LA and the Bay area want cow facts collected then dammit..... Brown said they are to be collected! Never mind those people that want it couldn't tell a dairy cow from a steer, but hey... they make the rules.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

v6toy4x

Reaction score
With all bashing aside I posted a thread a while back about where to move once you retire,
some people posted some pretty viable options for how I want to end my days. Others just fixated on california being such a shit show, which doesn't really do anything for me I know fist hand what CA is.

So those in here, who have chose other areas I would love to see some pics/dtls, in all seriousness. Especially I think it was LP who said he got a place on the water? I would love to see where that is. I am retiring in the next month or two and already looking for houses in Nor cal to get out of the bay area propper. But the deal aint done, who knows, maybe I move in next door!!

There is a member on here who I won't mention his name that moved and got a place on the lake and is now rethinking it, not saying it was a bad idea just not as green as he had hoped maybe?

I will say that is NOT WHERE I WANT TO FIND MYSELF!

So do my homework for me and find me a better spot, and hurry every chance you get I ain't getting any younger!!!

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
With all bashing aside I posted a thread a while back about where to move once you retire,
some people posted some pretty viable options for how I want to end my days. Others just fixated on california being such a shit show, which doesn't really do anything for me I know fist hand what CA is.

So those in here, who have chose other areas I would love to see some pics/dtls, in all seriousness. Especially I think it was LP who said he got a place on the water? I would love to see where that is. I am retiring in the next month or two and already looking for houses in Nor cal to get out of the bay area propper. But the deal aint done, who knows, maybe I move in next door!!

There is a member on here who I won't mention his name that moved and got a place on the lake and is now rethinking it, not saying it was a bad idea just not as green as he had hoped maybe?

So do my homework for me and find me a better spot, and hurry every chance you get I ain't getting any younger!!!

This...would love some feedback on the above. I am a little father out from retirement but figuring out new places to find my Nirvana has become almost a "hobby". All of our vacations revolve around RVing and exploring new places...it is amazing how many places are out there in our country. I don't even feel the need to even look at jumping on a plane to Europe or even Hawaii at this point.

Thanks in advance!

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

Not sure if it was me you are talking about, but I was having doubts last Jan/Feb. Mainly because of grandkids. Was hard to leave them and had me thinking that maybe an air bnb near them would be better for when we aren't in FL.

A little update. We were itching to get back to our lake house. When we got here we realized how much we love it. Yes we still really miss the grandkids, but we decided we would just suck it up money wise and visit them more often or pay for them to visit us at the lake.

This area is going full blast after covid. Wife is already planning things for us to do. Just made plans for the Tennessee River Jam next month. She has other stuff planned, but she will remind me what it is at the time lol.

If it wasn't me you were talking about then I am sorry for hijacking the thread.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Here's the skinny.
On paper "yes the population is going down in California"
The ugly truth is " There are so many undocumented people crossing the border that in reality California population's is increasing and they are not sharing that with the public. My .02

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Not sure if it was me you are talking about, but I was having doubts last Jan/Feb. Mainly because of grandkids. Was hard to leave them and had me thinking that maybe an air bnb near them would be better for when we aren't in FL.

A little update. We were itching to get back to our lake house. When we got here we realized how much we love it. Yes we still really miss the grandkids, but we decided we would just suck it up money wise and visit them more often or pay for them to visit us at the lake.

This area is going full blast after covid. Wife is already planning things for us to do. Just made plans for the Tennessee River Jam next month. She has other stuff planned, but she will remind me what it is at the time lol.

If it wasn't me you were talking about then I am sorry for hijacking the thread.

No hijack, you were one, now I remember it was the grandkids in talking about leaving family in a relocate. I am glad you are happy! of course a lake house is on all of our bucket lists, though I don't see it in my future:(. There was another member as well in one of those threads, I didn't mean to insinuate people were making mistakes or not thinking things through. I just have a hard time imagining dragging up and leaving, seems so "overwhelming" almost! Maybe I just need to put the big boy pants on.

Now that this bash thread got side tracked, California SUCKS!!

Good luck to you and yours!

jailbird141

Reaction score
This...would love some feedback on the above. I am a little father out from retirement but figuring out new places to find my Nirvana has become almost a "hobby". All of our vacations revolve around RVing and exploring new places...it is amazing how many places are out there in our country. I don't even feel the need to even look at jumping on a plane to Europe or even Hawaii at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you gave the feedback you are looking for? If all your vacations revolve around RVing and exploring new places, maybe retirement will be buying an RV and travelling the country and exploring? Then you aren't stuck in any one place ….

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
No hijack, you were one, now I remember it was the grandkids in talking about leaving family in a relocate. I am glad you are happy! of course a lake house is on all of our bucket lists, though I don't see it in my future:(. There was another member as well in one of those threads, I didn't mean to insinuate people were making mistakes or not thinking things through. I just have a hard time imagining dragging up and leaving, seems so "overwhelming" almost! Maybe I just need to put the big boy pants on.

Now that this bash thread got side tracked, California SUCKS!!

Good luck to you and yours!

I didn't have a problem with anything you said. We went full timing for 3 years before we settled on a place. We got to spend as much time as we wanted in each area we considered. To me it made it easier. We moved our stuff into a storage unit. Rented the house for 2 years, until we were sure we weren't coming back to CA.

There a shit ton of lakes. Some we really liked the lake, but not the town. Some we really liked the lake, but it was 200 plus stairs to get to your dock. Some wouldn't let you have a dock. If you can do full timing you can check out so much more. It took us 2 summers and 12 lakes before we found the right one for us.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I didn't have a problem with anything you said. We went full timing for 3 years before we settled on a place. We got to spend as much time as we wanted in each area we considered. To me it made it easier. We moved our stuff into a storage unit. Rented the house for 2 years, until we were sure we weren't coming back to CA.

There a shit ton of lakes. Some we really liked the lake, but not the town. Some we really liked the lake, but it was 200 plus stairs to get to your dock. Some wouldn't let you have a dock. If you can do full timing you can check out so much more. It took us 2 summers and 12 lakes before we found the right one for us.

Well I probably forgot as usual, what lake?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
even Mayor Yoga Pants is leaving CA.

Hes heading to INDIA! That just shows you what a shithole CA is when people are leaving this state for a 3rd world country...
He might be taking a position as a Ambassador to India. :rolleyes: :D

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Hes heading to INDIA! That just shows you what a shithole CA is when people are leaving this state for a 3rd world country...
That bitch got a break on that one.
Maybe he’ll get nuked by Pakistan over there
Lol

v6toy4x

Reaction score

Well, it could be said plan coming together??

RCDave

Reaction score
So? LA and the Bay Area represent California.

Don't take offense when none intended.

LOL. When these cities dictate policy throughout Kalifornia, these cesspools do represent the rest of Kalifornia