WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yes, Your X3 needs this:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Looks like a reasonable solution to a dumb problem.

Reactions: TPC

Bails

Reaction score
Thanks TCP, I'm always interested in what you're doing to your x3. I'm curious, have you played with the shock settings?

DWC

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Will add it to my list.

DLC

Reaction score
That sure is a simple fix to a potentially big problem!

$100 bucks is also reasonably priced, I just purchased on Saturday 1 bolt and bushings like that from ORW and it was $43 bucks...

Thanks for posting

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Thanks TCP, I'm always interested in what you're doing to your x3. I'm curious, have you played with the shock settings?

We backed them out to full soft, ran the spring keeper rings to within 1" from the top and have been slowly tightening it all back down.
Haven't done the shock modifications, we're happy the way the ride is.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Arrived with the drill bit and Locktite.
F6357D15-0554-47A1-A3BF-33E087A8199E.jpeg

RaceTec

Reaction score
Arrived with the drill bit and Locktite.
View attachment 717689
Please do not "wallow" out the hole like the video with the drill bit @TPC ! Let me know what size the bushings are and I will probably have a ream that you can borrow to make the bushings fit correctly... I can't believe some of the stuff I see online. To do this right you should ream the hole slightly undersize and heat the upright up so that the bushing will be an interference fit. If the bushings move in the upright you will defeat the purpose and ruin your upright quickly... I know you probably already know this but the video made me cringe!

Last edited:

lenmann

Reaction score
Please do not "wallow" out the hole like the video with the drill bit @TPC ! Let me know what size the bushings are and I will probably have a ream that you can borrow to make the bushings fit correctly... I can't believe some of the stuff I see online. To do this right you should ream the hole slightly undersize and heat the upright up so that the bushing will be an interference fit. If the bushings move in the upright you will defeat the purpose and ruin your upright quickly... I know you probably already know this but the video made me cringe!

So...what your'e saying is wallering out a hole to fix a wallered out hole issue isn't a good idea?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

So...what your'e saying is wallering out a hole to fix a wallered out hole issue isn't a good idea?

Yes.

If it was me and Racetec's solution was not an option, and you have already uni-bitted yourself a hole, I'd use some Loctite 620 retaining compound on the inserts in the hub.

riverroyal

Reaction score
will extended warranty cover this issue? Not adding the aftermarket parts, fixing the issue once it starts

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Thanks I will take you up on that.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
will extended warranty cover this issue? Not adding the aftermarket parts, fixing the issue once it starts
Just might. I’ve been surprised what they cover. Ya never know.