WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yoder

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
9FC90709-A88B-478D-B508-B0EBB58BF17C.jpeg
AFF92F2D-9FD7-47F2-950D-B69CB3B4FC3B.jpeg
AE20ABE6-2A27-45A2-86EE-22032F1C68E2.jpeg

I built this guy over the summer, it's 3/8 cook chamber, fire box, and stack box and everything else is 1/4" over a 1000lbs of awesomeness. I love it and I'm proud of what I made. That being said I use my Yoder way more often simply because I can fire it up on a weeknight or for a long cook on the weekend when I have other stuff to do. Comparing the two aren't apples to apples they both have their strengths. And I love both of them.

Last edited:

TeamGreene

Reaction score
yup, thats the main differance in cooking. the drums and webers any wood you add just smolders vs clean burn in a stick burner. i have had some good success using smaller chunks of wood in the charcoal ring and not having them smolder or change my temps. im sure ive metnioned in other posts on the subject, but when i cook ribs i use the exact same recipe every time, they turn out much different on a stick burner vs a drum pit or weber, or a pellet smoker. fyi the stick burner ones have always been the best end result.
Agreed

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
View attachment 961315 View attachment 961316 View attachment 961317
I built this guy over the summer, it's 3/8 cook chamber, fire box, and stack box and everything else is 1/4" over a 1000lbs of awesomeness. I love it and I'm proud of what I made. That being said I use my Yoder way more often simply because I can fire it up on a weeknight or for a long cook on the weekend when I have other stuff to do. Comparing the two aren't apples to apples they both have their strengths. And I love both of them.

Bad ass... I want to make one!!!

I have one of thos big offset commerical home depot specials that i bought in like new condition from a neighbor for $30. I lava sealed all the cracks and also put the felt stuff on the box and grill. All said it still kind of sucks the fire box is too small for any kind of long smoke. I don't like adding charcoal or wood to a burni g fire as it makes the smoke dirty but i just don't see a great way as its inneficient.

i usually go a couple hours in the offset and transfer to the Green Mountain as its steady and doesent screw up dinner...lol