WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

You can't make this shit up

rrrr

Reaction score
Last week Don Lemon, CNN fucktard, asked Biden about defunding the police.

President Biden said Wednesday that Republicans are ‘lying’ when they say Democrats want to defund the police.

They’re lying," Biden said during a CNN "town hall" when asked about Republican claims that the Democratic party supports defunding the police.

The president went on to explain the various ways that policing should be reformed and also denied ever calling for police to be defunded.

"I’ve never said defund the police," Biden claimed.

Biden also said it would be a good idea to bring social workers, including psychiatrists, to crime scenes.

Many prominent members of the Democratic Party have explicitly called for police departments across the country to be defunded, including Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez who scoffed at a proposal to strip a billion dollars from the New York Police Department’s budget and suggested it wasn’t enough.

"Defunding police means defunding police," the New York Democrat said in a statement. "It does not mean budget tricks or funny math. It does not mean moving school police officers from the NYPD budget to the Department of Education’s budget so the exact same police remain in schools."

Several Democratic-run cities have also moved to defund police departments including in Minneapolis, where George Floyd’s death caused massive unrest last summer, where local officials attempted to disband the police before backtracking after stern pushback from the community.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
When You Awake You'll Be A Believer

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 7.49.57 AM.png

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I 'almost' feel a bit sorry for the 'older' democratic crowd, nowadays 60+ year-olds . . . that party is a mess.
When I was younger, it seems like the dem/repub difference wasn't that great (30-40 years ago) . . . now it's miles apart ... prob by design.
My Dad has a fishing buddy who's been a lifelong dem. , really cool dude, x-army, retired from whirlpool, made good money, own rentals, successful kids etc . . . but now when they hang out in the garage BS'ing and politics come up, he gets REALLY itchy/scratchy and he just shakes his head in disdain . . . . I have zero love for any of the younger 50-ish and younger dems, they can all pound sand . . .

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
I 'almost' feel a bit sorry for the 'older' democratic crowd, nowadays 60+ year-olds . . . that party is a mess.
When I was younger, it seems like the dem/repub difference wasn't that great (30-40 years ago) . . . now it's miles apart ... prob by design.
My Dad has a fishing buddy who's been a lifelong dem. , really cool dude, x-army, retired from whirlpool, made good money, own rentals, successful kids etc . . . but now when they hang out in the garage BS'ing and politics come up, he gets REALLY itchy/scratchy and he just shakes his head in disdain . . . . I have zero love for any of the younger 50-ish and younger dems, they can all pound sand . . .
My grandparents and parents shit when i registered republican. They thought i made a mistake and tried to explain why to switch. Fast forward 30+years and my mom and most aunts/uncles abandoned the party. The only hold out is my dad who lights up Facebook with anti-Trump / Conservative stuff. (Allegedly, i don’t have FB). Can’t believe old school dems believe in the current party beliefs. Weird deal.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My grandparents and parents shit when i registered republican. They thought i made a mistake and tried to explain why to switch. Fast forward 30+years and my mom and most aunts/uncles abandoned the party. The only hold out is my dad who lights up Facebook with anti-Trump / Conservative stuff. (Allegedly, i don’t have FB). Can’t believe old school dems believe in the current party beliefs. Weird deal.

Politics isn’t about voting FOR anything…it’s all about voting AGAINST the boogeyman on the other side of the aisle.

Once the parties realized this, they knew they could put up any POS legislation…their constituency is so emotionally invested in fighting the other guy, they accept anything you propose because if the opposition is against it, then I must be for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro