WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

You ever find yourself..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You ever find yourself thinking about random things you have read on the boards over the years?

I woke up at 3:00 am and couldn’t go back to sleep. Whenever I go outside early am or late night I can’t help but think of V3NEMOUS which was a member that has passed on. Some of you may remember the story about how a bbq tipped over on his feet and life quickly went downhill from there and he ended up being terminal with very little time to live..

He wrote a post on here when it was almost time to go, and basically said he had wished he had spent more time having a quiet cup of coffee before everyone was awake etc..

Everytime I’m up and everyone else is asleep I think of him and that post.

There’s a ton of other examples that cross my mind daily, but for now

15AF2862-D47B-49DC-A0AA-8160ABD782DB.jpeg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I went out this morning to head out for coffee and was greeted by two Raccoons.
It’s trash day and the street is their cafeteria.

A week doesn’t pass where Danny Donahue doesn’t cross my mind.
I realize how many conversations I had with him and so many decisions I made on Danny’s advise.

Bear Down

Reaction score
My brother passed 6 years ago at 46 from Lung Cancer non smoker. He would always call me to chat during work hours, but he was one of those with impeccably bad timing. I still feel regret for those moments lost. Kills me every time, especially when I hear of other people talk about little reminders/signs/dreams they have about deceased friends or family/loved ones, I get jack shit about my brother. Never a sign, but maybe this post is a sign, who knows. You speaking about him keeps his memory going, me speaking about my brother, keeps his memory going. Thank you

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
Diggin it! That's kind of why I get to work early, sit in my truck, drink my coffee and smoke a few cigarettes and think about my life and all the good people in it. Cherish every moment, no matter how shitty it is, you only have one life to live, stop and smell the roses(no matter how cliche that sounds).

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Diggin it! That's kind of why I get to work early, sit in my truck, drink my coffee and smoke a few cigarettes and think about my life and all the good people in it. Cherish every moment, no matter how shitty it is, you only have one life to live, stop and smell the roses(no matter how cliche that sounds).
Yes, judge it all by it's merits.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
In the end that dude had more courage than anyone I've known. I'd like to share something, a note he sent me on Facebook. I'm pretty sure it was like 2 days before he passed. RIP man.

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 6.34.30 AM.png

DURAMAXYFZ

Reaction score
When the BBQ accident happened, he was at a facility right by my house. Scottytoohotty and I took him a plate of BBQ for I had made that day and hung out with him for an hour or so. He was STOKED!! Loved the food and company. Then it was like 6 months to a year that I learned he was still there! So, Scottytoohottie, Carl, Another member (can't think of her name) and I went over there and hung out for a while. He was is in a little rougher shape. That was one strong guy... RIP Jason.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
While waiting for Ritchey to post his good morning tread I poked around the site bit. A lot of good things to read from the past and while doing so I came across this post.

"I am the perfect guy, 2.5 mill life insurance and terminally ill. What more could you want?"

I wonder what ever happened to this member.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I didn't know V3NEMOUS, he must have been before my time here...It sounds like he had it figured out. I kind of think once you figure out life, your time is short here. You don't get the chance to pass what you've discovered on to the next person. Then again, it is probably a bit different to each person.
I am a night owl. Most weeknights after wife and kids fall asleep, I work in my shop. Evenings tend to be more quiet, no music blasting. When I walk back to the house, I always look up at the stars. On a good night, there are more than I knew existed. I think of my parents, or family and friends I've lost over the years. I wonder what's next, but in no real rush to find out.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
You ever find yourself thinking about random things you have read on the boards over the years?

I woke up at 3:00 am and couldn’t go back to sleep. Whenever I go outside early am or late night I can’t help but think of V3NEMOUS which was a member that has passed on. Some of you may remember the story about how a bbq tipped over on his feet and life quickly went downhill from there and he ended up being terminal with very little time to live..

He wrote a post on here when it was almost time to go, and basically said he had wished he had spent more time having a quiet cup of coffee before everyone was awake etc..

View attachment 842828
Great post Dave! Sure makes me think and be thankful

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I went out this morning to head out for coffee and was greeted by two Raccoons.
It’s trash day and the street is their cafeteria.

A week doesn’t pass where Danny Donahue doesn’t cross my mind.
I realize how many conversations I had with him and so many decisions I made on Danny’s advise.

Everytime the word orientate comes up I can’t help but think about campbellcarl
And some of the epic debates we had about that..

Every time I misspell words (often) on this phone because I can’t see the screen well, I can literally feel him shaking his head at me.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

View attachment 842828
Yup. Enjoy the peace before the chaos. One of my first real experiences with that on the job is still engrained in my mind.

Responding lights and sirens to a gunshot victim. It was at sunset and as were hauling ass westbound down a major road. Traffic splits in front of us and we're staring directly at the sunset which for whatever reason was centered on the road in front of us. It was almost as if the sirens turned off and windows were actually up... lol. Everything going on around us was gone for a split second and I told my partner something along the lines of that's s beautiful sunset. Then it was right back into the mix with dodging cars, busting intersections, and dealing with a dying dude.

Non work related, morning coffee before anybody else is awake is always one of my favorites. I usually the first one up on camping trips and try to take advantage of that moment every time.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I always find myself thinking about the offroad threads when they have pictures of the kids sleeping in a chair by the camp fire. Tell me this isn't true, I don't want to go to bed, I want to sit by the fire. Out cold in 60 seconds or less. Then you have to carry the limp rag back to the motorhome, get them undressed and into bed no less then 5 minutes from when it all started. We learned to get them cleaned up and ready for bed, then take them out. If I could freeze time it would be the years we offroaded on the sand.

nowski

Reaction score
Some find it some don't, former basket case...

We are God's creation. He fashioned and formed our original ancestors out of the dust of the ground. He molded each of us and created each of us in our mother's womb (Psalm 139:13-16). Like Adam, God fills us with his breath and blesses us with life. We are his workmanship, his artistry, made to experience life in all its fullness (John 10:10) and created to do his work in our world (Ephesians 2:10).

Remember the phrase "Get Right or Get Left"? Most Republicans get it most democrats don't...

playdeep

Reaction score
Sometimes I'll think of Keith Sayre back in the day when he'd leave Conquest at lunch.
Drive that huge old Red Ford down to the channel.
He'd walk back&forth looking for people he knew from the boards...stop &hang out.
He was a good guy...RIP.

oldschool

Reaction score
I think most people want to have that amount of clarity and dignity when their time comes, I know I do. Means you have to be at peace with yourself and the things you’ve done or not done and the way you led your life. Easier said than done I’d imagine. None of us are getting out of this alive.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’m not sure anyone from here has impacted me that way but I often wake up to weird dreams with my nino or my cousin luke. It sounds stupid but I’ve always said my dreams are very real. Like I can predict the future or some how the change my life. I know, sounds stupid, but it’s happened to often to not feel how I do

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Great post Dave!!! Sometimes life can go sideways on you. It did for the wife and I last year. 8 months in she is doing well, not back to normal, not sure if she ever will but.....I have to learn to take the moments and appreciate all that we have. These types of posts really help. I might have to look up that post of his.

jesco

Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!! That is REALLLLLY weird. I was literally thinking of that guy last night. My wife told me a story of how her friends husband (a fireman) was smoking ribs last weekend and his smoker caught fire... It almost burned their garage down, he got a minor burn on his arm, but it got me thinking of V3N and his story. That was some gut wrenching shit to read, GOD SPEED V3N

brgrcru

Reaction score
nothing better then that first cup of coffee , in solitude.

I grew up playing hiking and shooting in the san gabriel mountains . Moved away for about 15 years . Family kids sports. Took over .

Moved back ,20 years ago. close to where I grew up , I find myself, mountain biking and hiking and playing in those same mountains . 3 times a week .
On every ride , I take a few moments. I thank god and my parents for bringing me , into this wonderful life.
Life is what you make it , I try to enjoy every bit of it.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Sometimes I'll think of Keith Sayre back in the day when he'd leave Conquest at lunch.
He'd walk back&forth looking for people he knew from the boards...stop &hang out.
He was a good guy...RIP.

I miss Keith a lot.
Always remember he and his son brought a 25’ Daytona down to Parker and boated with us for a day.
His son crosses my mind from time to time. Keith taught him at a young age to be a very cautious (good) boat operator.
I hope his son is doing well.
One of the memorable stories Keith passed on from sales days was the epic “496 vs 525” decision many new boat buyers struggled with. Keith would put tape over the Speedo and take the customer out and ask when they thought the boat was traveling 75 mph. The customers almost always thought 55 was 75, lol.

Salesmen have fans and detractors. For better or worse, Keith meant well for his customers. I miss him and his positive attitude. RIP my friend .

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I let my loved ones know I love them daily. I’ve had my share of close calls where I almost didn’t come home. My Finacee’s Dad didn’t come home when she was six (Montebello PD).

My circle knows I am exactly where I want to be in life at work and at home and know I was fulfilled with a great life should I pass.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I miss Keith a lot.
Always remember he and his son brought a 25’ Daytona down to Parker and boated with us for a day.
His son crosses my mind from time to time. Keith taught him at a young age to be a very cautious (good) boat operator.
One of the memorable stories Keith passed on from sales days was the epic “496 vs 525” decision many new boat buyers struggled with. Keith would put tape over the Speedo and take the customer out and ask when they thought the boat was traveling 75 mph. The customers almost always thought 55 was 75, lol.

Salesmen have fans and detractors. For better or worse, Keith meant well for his customers. I miss him and his positive attitude. RIP my friend .
Only met Keith once I gave him a motorized scooter for his son. He was beyond happy

Good dude

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Coincidence... he passed on the 28th. 3 weeks from today. He's probably talking to you from above.

cakemoto

Reaction score
Don’t forget about out numbered guys. It’s been about a year since I’ve gone with @drtywhat to his little spot on the trail and had a beer.time to go again

PlanB

Reaction score
I miss Keith a lot.

We were looking for a second boat when we had our Skater. I went and talked to Keith about ordering a deck boat. He told me to go look at toons because he thought it would be better than having two glass boats. He gave up a sale, but he pointed us in the right direction. One of the honest guys in the industry.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Being on a board like this can really get you in trouble mentally if you let - everybody has something bigger/faster/newer, going someplace awesome. I don't want to talk religion, but i go to church to have 1 hour every sunday morning to self talk myself about the following:
1) Be grateful for what you DO have
2) Be quite more - it's the only real way to learn
3) Don't judge - you have no real idea what's behind what you see and hear
It seems to bring me happiness, the most priceless think in the world, and i am the only one that can make me happy, so i gotta do it for me.
I still suck at all 3. but i keep trying = never give up - the motto of ALL really successful people. The " be grateful" part usually ends up about friendships, not stuff

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
He was a good guy...RIP.

every time I pull out the first rdp shirt I think of Keith Sayre. He was wearing the shirt up in Utah or something and told the story about how someone came up to him and said it was a real good looking shirt..

Strangely every time I get one out or put it on I think of him now.. lol

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I’m not sure anyone from here has impacted me that way but I often wake up to weird dreams with my nino or my cousin luke. It sounds stupid but I’ve always said my dreams are very real. Like I can predict the future or some how the change my life. I know, sounds stupid, but it’s happened to often to not feel how I do
Doesn't sound the slightest bit odd to me. My dreams are very few and far between. I haven't had any consistent dream type sleep since my wreck in 05. When I have them, they are real as hell. Usually flashbacks of the past. When they aren't, they somehow tend to be prophetic.

...But this thread seems to be about our time awake. Be it early morning, or noon...anytime of day or night. Sometimes finding your center, or focus, can change your perspective. With me, the stars let me know there is more than this. They let me know how small I am. Perspective...every tiny star, is exponentially bigger than this planet we're on. It's where we stand. When we think about how we fit in, once again, perspective. We may be bankers, contractors, business owners or janitors...how do your family or friends see you? How you see someone shouldn't be defined by title or property. Change the angle, and things may appear different. Center yourself, so your perspective is clear.

HST4ME

Reaction score
Lost my soul mate to diabetes when she was 28
Barely made it through a blood infection and necrotizing fasciitis
Put a LOT of friends in the ground between 2008 and 2012
Had to restart my life twice from less than nothing

One of my sit and think spots about the past and future..life..I don't get excited about a whole lot anymore, except democrats and people blocking the launch ramp.
It's fun to sit down with the kid and her friends (20 ishes) when they think life sucks and trivial things that are "ruining" their lives and put things in perspective for them. Seems I get a call or two a week for advice because their parents are too douchey or just won't flat out tell them an honest opinion.

I can sit here for hours and contemplate what is, was, should have and is going to be.

7H3_DnvmrT5zQkWvY25HcXO2Qty6tWUh7enwLRFAYTsXePX6ekdmDNSCHOXpXESApwsmip-vWt9xDUgOvTw8IkBRQU5l89YnVFprahIyb75q8MVje8THJbYTrs_yVzb8HMGnWQkg8Pg9J82I3F6eGe603Ww3PDE1_O8iTTH3EYSAdq1ZqShYMklGelQ7yxW7zr256m_9g7z1cvCxqIEAPU271W-DO1quA6-gct_jGDNmXAX3GMnLqfIzKw8eyaqJoQlvdMdBLg__IW-HKLpzSDeO3y2G8g9VQtrIOHCaccZQnjNa28zJ5onauu29gRLM4lv2FbXuMrbqYTM_jG5iem0HNCZdqBTVyIQIUic3dIAW5OyQFhJkg8sSp1DwWA_IdWVXLGsKTLuPCIJG5UGiSh30NvQ7QA05x6Ej-swo28XHDvLwjM7-ymT8Jt8izjW9o8EPUhaDgq1grq-2c-PxSVLO2tKaO5SMO0WtQPRJa0-nyjG7-ngF5DK0RJYeUgO6xtxEyKJyNT5qLgVw50NPe2axSFV7AX-wMfyyM8Gpwc6-eEc9ybwGD86rDtKwgR1G9n5quMHtoXuklWdqyRynlWiOfqHVlamQkUpM3700QegowDc6M1Hr0DqhbumpcnjYmAwPvAHnN46F70RkRQvwlrI0IBy83HjW9wjN_YuI3C10GcfOECRpwl8=w2703-h2027-no

Last edited:

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Somehow i have caught a break and still here,coming up on 76 years.Looking forward to many more,but grateful to have the opportunity to look back and come to some conclusions and especially closure on many events in my life.My Generation and in particular myself did not have the experience to raise kids as well as most of you do these days.I could have and should have spent more time with family.Work & business has always been the measure + my wife has really kept us all together as best she could.
Quick long story.My son who at 45 years of age is a founder of a extremely successful business.25 years with 2 Partners in Southern California and Nevada in no way related to a Street Sweep Business.Always a little disappointed my kids went their own ways,but thats the way it goes.6 years back we decided to sell our business,retire or at least cut back.This was difficult,did not go well and is another experience all together.4 years ago my wife and i were informed a solid purchase has been offered and well underway.A meeting was set up to work it all out? We walked into a conference room and there sat our Son. “He said done deal Dad”.Totally unexpected.That was 4 years ago.I still work with customers and employees from a distance and somehow my son has the ability of time and leadership.We are grateful to have had the time to experience what for many is cut short and taken from them.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I had no idea Keith passed. He sold me my first ever boat. Still have his signature in my files. Didn’t really know him beyond a sales/customer relationship.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Somehow i have caught a break and still here,coming up on 76 years.Looking forward to many more,but grateful to have the opportunity to look back and come to some conclusions and especially closure on many events in my life.My Generation and in particular myself did not have the experience to raise kids as well as most of you do these days.I could have and should have spent more time with family.Work & business has always been the measure + my wife has really kept us all together as best she could.
Quick long story.My son who at 45 years of age is a founder of a extremely successful business.25 years with 2 Partners in Southern California and Nevada in no way related to a Street Sweep Business.Always a little disappointed my kids went their own ways,but thats the way it goes.6 years back we decided to sell our business,retire or at least cut back.This was difficult,did not go well and is another experience all together.4 years ago my wife and i were informed a solid purchase has been offered and well underway.A meeting was set up to work it all out? We walked into a conference room and there sat our Son. “He said done deal Dad”.Totally unexpected.That was 4 years ago.I still work with customers and employees from a distance and somehow my son has the ability of time and leadership.We are grateful to have had the time to experience what for many is cut short and taken from them.
Life's a bit weird at times. Reading this, I can't help but kind of laugh. My Pops wanted me to do anything...ANYTHING...other than what he did. At first, I think he was a little disappointed when I started doing the construction gig. About a year into it, he saw how things were going. He was proud. A short time later, he passed away, at 64. It was bittersweet, I finally got things on track. He had a brief time to see it.

A few days after my Pops passed, I was talking with a good friend. I was really down. My friend said something that made me cheer up a bit. Simple, maybe a little crude, but very true:
"You should be happy. You got your head out of your ass and straightened up in time for your Dad to see."
13 years ago, but can remember it well. Still makes me laugh. Still think about it often.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I think about V3NEMOUS's thread from time to time,when I wake up before the family and the house is quiet. That thread pops in my mind at least once a month. RIP

Cdog

Reaction score
On a lighter note. I’ve had this song in my head all day because of this thread title.

4Waters

Reaction score
I have that cup of coffee every morning from 5-5:30, nice and quiet.

jet496

Reaction score

View attachment 842828
My favorite time of the day too. Time to reflect & relax with no noise.