WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

You ever see something like this?

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
I worked with an old southern guy who went by the name Cousin John, he had a saying for things that were fucked up, goes like this.

“I’ve been to three county fairs, two hog callings, and a goat Fuckin, but I aint never seen nothing like that” ~Cousin John

So I pulled up to a customers house some time back and see this on the neighbors place. First thing out of my mouth to the customer was what on the hell is that on your neighbors roof? She responded that her neighbor is an idiot, I had that figured out already though. Turns out dude has a beehive in his walls and when it gets bad he turns on the vacuum and sucks up the bees. This is a permanent installation and it’s gone through a couple of iterations before he perfected it.

Dude doesn’t want to spend the money to have the hive removed as they are gonna open up his walls. She said on the first variation she walked out one day and found him out cold laying on the ground after he fell off the roof.

They are out there and they are breeding, and they’re trying to get us.

A2BDFEA8-3657-4F64-BFE7-E136FC728877.jpeg
613679BE-D2FD-4E7E-8B9B-2CDB90A22C13.jpeg
363C1770-F51D-4243-A55E-04BEEC97A49B.jpeg
C50680C2-193E-46BC-9DFB-F5ABAF283586.jpeg
08EDA1CB-6557-44DB-AE1E-5C84990D76E8.jpeg

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I could take you to places where they would take pictures of that with their flip phone to save that idea for when it happens to them.
Nutcases and generally crazy people ain't always idiots...but they are always nutcases.

They walk among us...and drive, and live nearby, and sometimes, they even vote.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Haha people amaze me, But that dude does have a problem!

In collage I worked for a realtor in Claremont.

We represented a buyer in a house that had a bee problem. The bees were handled by the seller and they had a pest company remove the bees while in escrow.

Not long after the close, the buyer said there was a problem. There was raw honey running down inside walls.

Lots of construction to open walls and ceiling to remove the melting hive.

spectra75

Senior Lurker
Reaction score
Haha people amaze me, But that dude does have a problem!

In collage I worked for a realtor in Claremont.

We represented a buyer in a house that had a bee problem. The bees were handled by the seller and they had a pest company remove the bees while in escrow.

Not long after the close, the buyer said there was a problem. There was raw honey running down inside walls.

Lots of construction to open walls and ceiling to remove the melting hive.
Well, did that work? Did he get rid of the bees?

Orange Juice

Reaction score
I worked with an old southern guy who went by the name Cousin John, he had a saying for things that were fucked up, goes like this.

“I’ve been to three county fairs, two hog callings, and a goat Fuckin, but I aint never seen nothing like that” ~Cousin John

So I pulled up to a customers house some time back and see this on the neighbors place. First thing out of my mouth to the customer was what on the hell is that on your neighbors roof? She responded that her neighbor is an idiot, I had that figured out already though. Turns out dude has a beehive in his walls and when it gets bad he turns on the vacuum and sucks up the bees. This is a permanent installation and it’s gone through a couple of iterations before he perfected it.

Dude doesn’t want to spend the money to have the hive removed as they are gonna open up his walls. She said on the first variation she walked out one day and found him out cold laying on the ground after he fell off the roof.

View attachment 1213282 View attachment 1213283 View attachment 1213284 View attachment 1213285 View attachment 1213286
I’ll bet there is a YouTube video, with instructions. 😉

redone76

Reaction score
It gets worse the more you look at it!!!

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score

View attachment 1213282 View attachment 1213283 View attachment 1213284 View attachment 1213285 View attachment 1213286
What a fucking dumbass

Anyone with 1/2 a brain would leave the vacuum switched on and just plug it in when it comes time to suck the bees out again.

SMFH. What if it’s raining for bee-sucking time?

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Haha....I had a bee problem a while back, too cheap to call the bee guys so I did a bit of research...smoke clears 'em out. I built a small fire in the fire pit and through a bunch of green hedge/tree clippings on it to make to some smoke....then hooked up the shop vac to suck the smoke offa the fire pit and blow it in the hole in the stucco....worked pretty OK until the shop vac started sucking more heat than smoke and locked up because something melted....then all the fucking bees flew back in the hole in the wall. So I ended up calling a guy anyway.

Shop vac started working again when it cools off, I use it as my post hole digger/trencher. Works great.

He needs to build a nice cedar screen around it for asthetics lol

just_floatin

Reaction score
What in tarnation is going on here. Scotch tape to secure step ladder extensions. A real Darwin man-of-the-year candidate right there. I would have moved soon after meeting this genius.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Buddy had a hive in his fireplace. He started a fire but not enough smoke, i gave him some wire scrapes and the smoke was crazy to the point that even the neighbors left. Lol

Icky

Reaction score
When I built my patio cover some bees moved it while the stucco was opened up.... took me about a week to realize it, bee guy came out and got rid of them.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Haha....I had a bee problem a while back, too cheap to call the bee guys so I did a bit of research...smoke clears 'em out. I built a small fire in the fire pit and through a bunch of green hedge/tree clippings on it to make to some smoke....then hooked up the shop vac to suck the smoke offa the fire pit and blow it in the hole in the stucco....worked pretty OK until the shop vac started sucking more heat than smoke and locked up because something melted....then all the fucking bees flew back in the hole in the wall. So I ended up calling a guy anyway.

Shop vac started working again when it cools off, I use it as my post hole digger/trencher. Works great.

He needs to build a nice cedar screen around it for asthetics lol

I’m dying laughing 🤣

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Well, did that work? Did he get rid of the bees?

Bees gone, but without them buzzing around in the hive, the hive overheats and looses its structure. I recall they removed the hive by opening a wall and dropping part of a ceiling.

Im sure it wasn’t cheap and I believe it ended in a lawsuit.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I beg to differ….it keeps getting BETTER the more you look at it…lol

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
My business partner did that exact thing years ago when he had a beehive up in his parapet wall.
Worked like a charm.
He set it up at night when the bees weren't active and just plugged in the extension cord in the morning.

Took a couple vacuum cleanings but it got rid of the bee's and he sealed the hole they were getting in through.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Was

Was his name Tim the tool man Taylor

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Can we agree that what appears like a ladder upon first look is obviously not designed or intended to be used as a ladder, but simply a structure to support the long vacuum tube?

Backlash

Reaction score
We had a similar problem with our money pit.

I noticed bees flying around by our chimney, and mentioned it to my wife. She said "Oh yeah, they've always been there." I asked her "Well, how long is that?"

Her response......

"Since I was a little girl. I'd see them when I rode my bike on that side of the house."

😲

Ummmm, that was a long time ago! 🤣

Needless to say, I paid a guy to come out, cut open our original, turn of the century quarter-sewn oak flooring, to remove a beehive in the upstairs floor. He said it was the largest hive he had removed in over 30 years in business, and estimated it to weight over 140 pounds. It was huge!!

He was able to capture the queen, and relocated her and the hive to a safe location in the mountains. It was the best $565 we have spent on this damn house!! 🤣

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Hoopty is the word I'm looking for... LOL...

C-2

Reaction score
If they were Africanized he would be dead! If you mess with them the whole hive attacks you. THE WHOLE HIVE! I guess they smell CO2 and will block your airways to smother you to death.

I had 2 hives of Africanized bees, one in a vacant structure and the other in a 55-gallon drum. They were there for years but during the pandemic I had to get rid of them; they would attack me every Spring when I started a mower.

Everybody was like "Don't hurt the bees"....fuck that, until you're attacked, you have no clue about these monsters.

Bee guy came out and and I knew things were bad when the the Christian dude yelled "Oh fuck" as he was encased in bees. Said he was stung over 40 times.

His son and I were standing about 250 ft away and we both got hit, I took one on the nose and forehead.

For the hive in the 55-gallon drum, the beekeper sealed it and loaded it into his truck and took it home. He had an acre of land and even after a couple of weeks the bees continued to attack his family and livestock, so he destroyed the hive. Meanest bees he's ever seen.

He sent me a photo from inside the drum - the gray/black matter is old collapsed honeycomb, you can see his scraper, the old matter was about 6" thisk - that's how old the hive was.

Fuck bees lol

IMG-4314 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
dont pretty much all hives now have some level of africanized DNA in them?