WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

You knew it, and here are the numbers...

DLC

Reaction score
I know I have a stocked supply of Shit Tickets!

a buck a square! Minimum of 1 roll !! How many rolls do you need!

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
What would the economy look like post-pandemic if we never had the supply issues, because it's all supply side issues? I'd say the economy would be pretty normal, like 2019 except for oil.

If everything we wanted to buy was available in every shape, size, and color like in 2019, none of this shit would be going on.

Government didn't think about the ramifications of shutting down the world's largest economy and handing out trillions of dollars - they just pulled the trigger then aimed. Same with other countries.

The supply issue is a biproduct of shutting down the economies, instilling massive fear in people and the mishandling Covid by governments. It's still going on, maybe worse in some ways. This supply/inflation BS is here until the world addresses Covid with some sense of sanity and balance. I don't see that happening anytime in the next year.
Inflation would still be crazy high due to the trillions printed out of thin air. This is what makes the 4.5trillion bribe on the table now even more disconcerting. This is the key driver of the shit position we are now in, and the third world banana republic we'll soon resemble.

Cdog

Reaction score
Inflation would still be crazy high due to the trillions printed out of thin air. This is what makes the 4.5trillion bribe on the table now even more disconcerting. This is the key driver of the shit position we are now in, and the third world banana republic we'll soon resemble.
826A2EB4-FB52-4E5F-9B79-B3F2A576E12E.jpeg

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Over ten years? My house has tripled. My bank account has too. Gas hasn’t even doubled. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Pretty sure it was a couple bucks a gallon. It’s like 3.30 now? Explain that.
87 Octane is SoCal was $2.41 a gallon on January 20th, 2021 when OBiden cancelled the Keystone Pipeline and also stopped new Well Leases on Federal Lands. These 2 things alone have cut domestic production by 2 Million Barrels per day. Today I paid $4.80 per gallon for the same 87 Octane. This 100% Inflation was intentionally caused by the current administration to destroy the economy. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that eventually this is going to crash the economy when you take that much cash out of the free market. The same shit happened in 2008. History always repeats itself!

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Want to lower gas prices? Lock the country down again. Then supply will build up again. Prices will drop again. The oil companies will lower production again. Like magic. Gas prices will be fixed. 👍
possibly the most backward thinking thing i have read in forever...oil production has a switch. turn it on it flows. turn it off it doesnt. telling people to stop consumption is idiotic when the country and its people rely on it for virtually everything....think trucking. and what purpose it serves....were we energy independent? why? are we now? why?

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Housing and gas prices are not related in that manner. Fuel is a commodity with supply regulated by the government.

If what you are saying is accurate, that $10K plasma TV in 2000 should be selling for $50K today. Instead it is selling for $500 today.

bad example a 10k plasma is 500 bucks due to the advancement in tv design. A curved oled was 10k 10 years ago. Today the newest tech is 8k oled that cost 20k+.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
possibly the most backward thinking thing i have read in forever...oil production has a switch. turn it on it flows. turn it off it doesnt. telling people to stop consumption is idiotic when the country and its people rely on it for virtually everything....think trucking. and what purpose it serves....were we energy independent? why? are we now? why?
Obviously you aren’t intelligent enough to comprehend the example or the sarcasm in it. 🙄🤷🏼‍♂️

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Want to lower gas prices? Lock the country down again. Then supply will build up again. Prices will drop again. The oil companies will lower production again. Like magic. Gas prices will be fixed. 👍

That’s absolutely false.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
When people aren’t lined up around the block at Costco to buy 5 dollar a gallon gas, then there will be incentive for the oil companies to lower prices. Until then, the economy is chugging along, people are shelling out money for gas, and oil companies are killing it.

Isn’t fewer sources one of the byproducts energy independence?

You think this current pricing is because of domestic “oil companies” manipulating profits?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
87 Octane is SoCal was $2.41 a gallon on January 20th, 2021 when OBiden cancelled the Keystone Pipeline and also stopped new Well Leases on Federal Lands. These 2 things alone have cut domestic production by 2 Million Barrels per day. Today I paid $4.80 per gallon for the same 87 Octane. This 100% Inflation was intentionally caused by the current administration to destroy the economy. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that eventually this is going to crash the economy when you take that much cash out of the free market. The same shit happened in 2008. History always repeats itself!

Thank you.
This idiot actually thought OPEC would go along with his insanity. Of course, all that happened is the shitter in chief laid our jugular right on the chopping block.
Fucking moron I swear.
There’s more than a few things I did not praise Trump for, but energy independence is NOT one of them. He had that shit humming…and to be honest it wasn’t exactly profitable for me but it WAS good for this country.

propcheck

Reaction score
Everyone wants to sell their house they paid 150k for in 2000, for 700k. But no one wants to pay 5 dollars for gas that was 90 cents when they bought that house.

How anyone thinks it’s not related is beyond me.
I believe the rates and timeline you describe are disproportional, maybe that is the reason🤷🏼‍♂️

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
I could care less about Trump or Biden. They both suck equally imo. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I’m curious, are you the owner of Outdrive1? I would think if you’re trying to make a living selling boats or anything automotive related, you’d be supporting pro oil candidates, like Trump. Am I missing something?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I’m curious, are you the owner of Outdrive1? I would think if you’re trying to make a living selling boats or anything automotive related, you’d be supporting pro oil candidates, like Trump. Am I missing something?

You would think so…but alas.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Everyone wants to sell their house they paid 150k for in 2000, for 700k. But no one wants to pay 5 dollars for gas that was 90 cents when they bought that house.

How anyone thinks it’s not related is beyond me.
Over ten years? My house has tripled. My bank account has too. Gas hasn’t even doubled. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Pretty sure it was a couple bucks a gallon. It’s like 3.30 now? Explain that.
Ok Mr. Baller Extrordinaire. Rolling in Dough. NIce! Good for you. Time to climb down from the High Horse. Deplorable Peon has a question for Yore Highness.

Please explain how these two things are comparable economicaly in any way? One is a consumable commodity, the other an appreciating asset.
My modest, but nicest house I've ever owned, West Texas house appreciates @ 5K per year. Less than one year ago, gas here was $1.17. Now $2.74.
So MathBoi. Over a 100% increase in fuel cost, in under a year. One is Appreciation. The other, not. Under DJT, America was energy independent. Under Biden, not.

PS. I'll never buy a boat from you either.

Outdrive1

Reaction score

How can you be pro someone who helped create the current situation and inflation we are experiencing? Between Trump and Biden, there has never been as much debt added or free money given away. I voted for Donald both times. I hope they run someone more fiscally conservative in 2024.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Ok Mr. Baller Extrordinaire. Rolling in Dough. NIce! Good for you. Time to climb down from the High Horse. Deplorable Peon has a question for Yore Highness.

Please explain how these two things are comparable economicaly in any way? One is a consumable commodity, the other an appreciating asset.
My modest, but nicest house I've ever owned, West Texas house appreciates @ 5K per year. Less than one year ago, gas here was $1.17. Now $2.74.
So MathBoi. Over a 100% increase in fuel cost, in under a year. One is Appreciation. The other, not. Under DJT, America was energy independent. Under Biden, not.

PS. I'll never buy a boat from you either.

Explain to me how the price of gas at the pump is insulated from inflation.

I can respect that. You should make sure wherever you shop the purveyor is in 100 percent agreement with you on any social or political issues.

Funny I keep hearing energy independent as a talking point, does that include or exclude the Keystone pipeline? Independent except from Canada is ok? Independent except from Opec? I’m for the cheapest gas possible including pipelines from Canada. So I guess I’m not for energy independence.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
You think this current pricing is because of domestic “oil companies” manipulating profits?

I do yes. I believe they charge as much as we will pay for. If they thought we’d pay 10 dollars a gallon, I think they’d charge it. You think domestic oil companies charge the bare minimum they need to stay in business? Funny how all the different companies pretty much charge the same as the other at the pump. How does that work?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I do yes. I believe they charge as much as we will pay for. If they thought we’d pay 10 dollars a gallon, I think they’d charge it. You think domestic oil companies charge the bare minimum they need to stay in business? Funny how all the different companies pretty much charge the same as the other at the pump. How does that work?

Are you aware that shitbag recently released 50 million Bbls from our “strategic reserves” in some futile attempt to shore up available oil domestically (which is about 2+ days worth) and it did drop prices at the pump (which is, curiously, the yardstick most often quoted by consumers) by a minuscule amount.
So what that demonstrates is that price right now is dictated by supply deficiencies. Deficiencies DIRECTLY resulting from the actions of diaper boy and the green new deal bullshit. Be it pipelines or leases or both.
Now, we’ve read here that car dealers and others are padding margins with less sale volume and it is true.
Are you suggesting that “oil companies” owe the consumer some sort of credit or rebate when this administration has vilified domestic production and supply, while simultaneously expecting importers to hedge on the agenda to make up for it?
That’s a lot like the reasoning shit britches used to get us into this situation.

Your point about imports has SOME validity, but your thinking about the rest of it is not accurate.
Normally I’m a fan of increased oil prices.
It stimulates my industry and puts literally thousands of people from all trades to work.
That is not happening this time. THAT is what I keep pointing out as compared to previous market spikes.

Oh, btw, “oil companies” have a minimum margin they work at, like any for profit company.
Remember…we do not have a nationally owned and run energy company like petro Canada or Petromex….
They’d fuck that up instantly.
Frankly I wouldn’t be surprised to see our domestic producers fold up shop and bail.
They’ll displace the administration first though.

Last edited:

Wedgy

Reaction score
WTF is wrong with You? Supply and Demand. Good Grief.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Explain to me how the price of gas at the pump is insulated from inflation.

I can respect that. You should make sure wherever you shop the purveyor is in 100 percent agreement with you on any social or political issues.

Funny I keep hearing energy independent as a talking point, does that include or exclude the Keystone pipeline? Independent except from Canada is ok? Independent except from Opec? I’m for the cheapest gas possible including pipelines from Canada. So I guess I’m not for energy independence.
OMG.

Wedgy

Reaction score
I once had a Female Trainee at SDJCC that was sharp as a tack, and I thought She was a good Trainee. Then She was caught doing a Drug deal, (Crack Cocaine,) through the fence, 50 feet away from the Entrance guard shack. My Stats took a huge Hit, and I learned to evaluate Individuals much closely after that.

You Sir, are not as Sharp, and Bear watching...

Wedgy

Reaction score
Are you aware that shitbag recently released 50 million Bbls from our “strategic reserves” in some futile attempt to shore up available oil domestically (which is about 2+ days worth) and it did drop prices at the pump (which is, curiously, the yardstick most often quoted by consumers) by a minuscule amount.
So what that demonstrates is that price right now is dictated by supply deficiencies. Deficiencies DIRECTLY resulting from the actions of diaper boy and the green new deal bullshit. Be it pipelines or leases or both.
Now, we’ve read here that car dealers and others are padding margins with less sale volume and it is true.
Are you suggesting that “oil companies” owe the consumer some sort of credit or rebate when this administration has vilified domestic production and supply, while simultaneously expecting importers to hedge on the agenda to make up for it?
That’s a lot like the reasoning shit britches used to get us into this situation.

Your point about imports has SOME validity, but your thinking about the rest of it is not accurate.
Normally I’m a fan of increased oil prices.
It stimulates my industry and puts literally thousands of people from all trades to work.
That is not happening this time. THAT is what I keep pointing out as compared to previous market spikes.

Oh, btw, “oil companies” have a minimum margin they work at, like any for profit company.
Remember…we do not have a nationally owned and run energy company like petro Canada or Petromex….
They’d fuck that up instantly.
Frankly I wouldn’t be surprised to see our domestic producers fold up shop and bail.
They’ll displace the administration first though.
Spot on analysis from a common sense oriented Indidvidual who understand how markets work. Economics 101.

Wedgy

Reaction score
So. What's Yore profit margin, MathBoi?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
bad example a 10k plasma is 500 bucks due to the advancement in tv design. A curved oled was 10k 10 years ago. Today the newest tech is 8k oled that cost 20k+.

Look at how much oil we now have access to due to new drilling techniques developed in the last 2 decades. Both are examples of new technology making things cheaper at scale. There is 0 reason gas has to increase 100% in cost in just 1 year. That is not all because of inflation.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Look at how much oil we now have access to due to new drilling techniques developed in the last 2 decades. Both are examples of new technology making things cheaper at scale. There is 0 reason gas has to increase 100% in cost in just 1 year. That is not all because of inflation.
When the Fed restricts the locations to deploy these new drilling techniques what are they doing? Restricting supply.
Supply and Demand. Again. Less than 1 year ago, America was a net exporter of oil. Not any more.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
When the Fed restricts the locations to deploy these new drilling techniques what are they doing? Restricting supply.
Supply and Demand. Again. Less than 1 year ago, America was a net exporter of oil. Not any more.

It’s really just that simple.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Some common sense learning on the Real numbers on inflation. For Individuals that need it.
It is unfair to have a Battle of Wits, with an unarmed Man...

thetub

Reaction score
how was gas so cheap in 2017 when we had below 3 percent unemployment, gas nation wide average per gallon was $2.23 and the economy was on fire ?

if we had the same scenario now gas would be 10 bucks a gallon... demand is nowhere near it was in 2017

dont be stoopid folks

thetub

Reaction score
i thinks we are seeing more of supply issues then inflationary issues...

be it lumber, toilet paper, beef , previgan pills for liberals etc... some inflation but mostly supply be it nobody wants to work or ???

Wedgy

Reaction score
how was gas so cheap in 2017 when we had below 3 percent unemployment, gas nation wide average per gallon was $2.23 and the economy was on fire ?

if we had the same scenario now gas would be 10 bucks a gallon... demand is nowhere near it was in 2017

dont be stoopid folks
Did the US have the current Federally Restricted access to drilling locations/Leases, needed to produce oil supply in 2017? No. Does it now? Yes. Restrict supply, the price goes up.
Plentiful supplies, the price goes down. Again. Supply and Demand.

Again. The US was a net exporter of oil less than one year ago. Now we are not. Now. Is the supply and production of oil in the US restricted under Jao Bi Den? Yes. Is the supply of oil produced now, in the US, less than what is was during the prior Administration? When we were energy independent? Yes.

That Pesky Supply and Demand.

Wedgy

Reaction score
The Unarmed man has left the building.

I'm no Econ expert, I year of Math req in HS, and was kicked out of the class. Point is. Lumber? Nuff said. Right?
Look at current Truck prices for example. Supply and demand. My 2014 Ram Shorty is now worth what I paid for it, new, 7 years ago. $21,500. MSRP was $27000. More to that story. New vehicle damaged in transit. Repaired. Score.

We all know, or should know that a normal, not a collectable vehicle, is normally a depreciating asset. Is the current inflated price of vehicles caused by inflation, demand, or lack of supply? Or a combination of all 3?

When there are billions and trillons of more dollars in circulation in the US, chasing a shrinking supply of goods? Price inflation, Dollar depreciation. Again. Supply and Demand.

Free Market Economics works. As my HS History Teacher explained it, it's Like a 3 legged stool, of Wages, Prices, Supply and Demand. When all 3 legs are equallized/balanced, and Goverment stays out of the way, you will have growth. A rising tide, lifting all legs equally.

These are not normal times, and the US Federal Goverment policies are doing severe damage to all 3 legs. Not to mention the damage being inflicted upon We the People, our Civil Rights, and the American Dream.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Dont forget, producers forecast as well.
When the rhetoric matches the current actions they take “preventive” steps against losses.
It takes years to plan, permit, and execute a drilling program.
They have leases in their pockets, and developed wells ready to go.
But when they are threatened, vilified, and told they are going the way of the buggy whip they tend to take safeguards as any large corporations do. IE: they sit on it.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The Unarmed man has left the building.

I'm no Econ expert, I year of Math req in HS, and was kicked out of the class. Point is. Lumber? Nuff said. Right?
Look at current Truck prices for example. Supply and demand. My 2014 Ram Shorty is now worth what I paid for it, new, 7 years ago. $21,500. MSRP was $27000. More to that story. New vehicle damaged in transit. Repaired. Score.

We all know, or should know that a normal, not a collectable vehicle, is normally a depreciating asset. Is the current inflated price of vehicles caused by inflation, demand, or lack of supply? Or a combination of all 3?

When there are billions and trillons of more dollars in circulation in the US, chasing a shrinking supply of goods? Price inflation, Dollar depreciation. Again. Supply and Demand.

Free Market Economics works. As my HS History Teacher explained it, it's Like a 3 legged stool, of Wages, Prices, Supply and Demand. When all 3 legs are equallized/balanced, and Goverment stays out of the way, you will have growth. A rising tide, lifting all legs equally.

These are not normal times, and the US Federal Goverment policies are doing severe damage to all 3 legs. Not to mention the damage being inflicted upon We the People, our Civil Rights, and the American Dream.

Plus carmakers are raising prices, so at least on the MSRP level, prices won’t go back down because let’s face it, they never do LOL

I guess that’s when massive incentives to move metal once again becomes the norm…

Wedgy

Reaction score
Dont forget, producers forecast as well.
When the rhetoric matches the current actions they take “preventive” steps against losses.
It takes years to plan, permit, and execute a drilling program.
They have leases in their pockets, and developed wells ready to go.
But when they are threatened, vilified, and told they are going the way of the buggy whip they tend to take safeguards as any large corporations do. IE: they sit on it.
Leatherneck Dave, my Marine Vietnam Veteran Buddy here in Levelland, worked on drilling rigs as a Roughneck in West Texas for years. I don't know much, but I ask alot of questions, and he has a ton of great stories. Smells like Money!

I do know that it takes a massive continuing monetary investment to find, drill, manage and maintain oil wells, and to produce, market and transport petroleum products safely. My Dad also Roughnecked here, and drove a Bulldozer in Alaska during the early exploration for oil there. From Geologists to Truck Drivers, an Army of Manpower. 24/7 to boot.
No Pussies on the drill floor, thats for sure. Pretty Impressive Industry. LIke Farming.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score

Agreed gas increases are because Biden is a moron and thinks that dependence on foreign oil is a good thing. His latest of signing drilling leases because the court made him is just the latest in a long line of excuses to do the right thing. There's a reason his approval rating is 12.

Wedgy

Reaction score

By "they," that would that include The Saudis, and Russia Russia Russia? Right?

Would advanced modern directional drilling, and advanced oil extraction, cost a shit ton more than say a conventional well flowing under pressure?
What costs more, Domestic oil production, or importation from foreign suppliers? Transportation? Who pays the extra for that?
Yore Highness would rather have Amerca not be energy independent? Um, yeah. Ok eh!

Yore Highness may review the information below, for yore continuing education. Yore Welcome!!

Last edited: