WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

You still in Cali?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The legislature in California took up a bill that would establish single-payer healthcare in the state, paying for the increase in costs by essentially doubling taxes.

Americans have been fleeing the most liberal states in mass numbers. Those numbers are about to increase even more.

Between July 2020 and July 2021, approximately 352,1985 residents of New York State embarked for warmer climes. Over that same period California lost 367,299 people via net domestic migration.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I heard that the other day. Once upon a time, I made decent money. I remember going to the accountant during tax time, and having an epiphany...While looking at how much was going to "Da' Man", I realized I was handing them enough money to support at least two illegal immigrant families.
Now they really aim to do it.

Singleton

Reaction score
being recruited for a job in PHX with Honeywell.
Wife gave the OK, she is finally starting to realize CA is great to visit but being a resident is starting to cost more then it is worth.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Wife gave the OK, she is finally starting to realize CA is great to visit but being a resident is starting to cost more then it is worth.
good luck!

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Which Honeywell site and what would you be doing?

hallett21

Reaction score
I think this is a fair question...

What is CA to you?

I have my opinions but I’d like to understand the “Fuck California” Mentality.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

What is CA to you?

I'm not a fuck Cali guy. I'm from there. The weather is nice, and the beach is great. Really, most of the residents are decent people as well.
The problems really are caused by the few. Those few, unfortunately, run the state. They live in their guarded areas, letting the criminals wreak havoc on those that are trying to make better lives. 90% are forced to pay for the 10% that don't try. Those same 10% are jealous of what the 90% have, and try to ruin it.

robert1050

Reaction score
I'm a native Californian, lived there for 60 years. I finally gave up on it and moved to the Phoenix area 6 years ago. CA is not what it use to be.

Like MW said, the 10% have taken control and ruined CA for the other 90%. I don't see any hope of recovery, in my lifetime.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

What is CA to you?

Simple.
In CA I was technically a felony gun owner, even with legally purchased and registered firearms.
In AZ I’m an American…so far.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
In CA I was taxed every year by the “Board of equalization” on all my out of state work expenses. They charged me the difference in sales tax on supplies I purchased and used while working out of State as a 1099 employee. Similar to if you buy a car out of state then pay the CA tax when registering it in CA except it was on every single thing I listed on my Federal deductions. That’s how they mine the data.
So I’d get shook down every year and have to do a “return” listing out of state expenses and cut the State a check for the difference in sales tax.
Some years it was close to a grand. I called them the “board of extortion”
After I no longer was contracting or filing itemized returns they STILL sent me notices demanding I file a BOE return. I called them many times telling them that I no longer had itemized expenses or even a 1099 income. Didn’t matter.
It took years, 2 years after I even moved from that fucked up state to get them to stop.
The last time (last year) I spent an hour on the phone with some lady who made me do 2 years of returns (all zeros) on the phone with her while opened up to my account on their website…She assured me that would be the last time as they FINALLY believed I didn’t live there anymore.
We will see.

CA is fucking ridiculous.

Last edited:

Backlash

Reaction score
"The 367,000 residents who thankfully left California have already been replaced by 800,000 folks who previously resided south of San Diego. These additions to our population will be an asset to this state as they bring skilled, efficient workers to the workforce."

😁

Wedgy

Reaction score
What is California? All of the above, and then some. Glad, extremely lucky and thank God my Dad's family's from West Texas. Hockley County, 30 miles west of Lubbock. Family farmed here in Anton, Tx, from circa a hundred years ago.
Levelland, Texas. Best kept secret in all the land.

I Iook from here to see if I can find any other place I could live and have the same small town mid America standard of living, close access to quality healthcare, convenient services, and quality value for hard earned money.
Haven't found it yet. Freedom is here.

Escondido, San Diego County in 1969, was a paradise moving down from L.A.
No more.

West Texas is wide open. Why wait.

PS,
The Army surveyed this area in the 1800's, and said. "This land is so desolate, no one will ever Iive here..."

PPS,
Hockley County is named after the Commander of Sam Houston's Artillery at the Battle of San Jacinto. Baddass...

As compared to "Whale's Vagina."
Where would you rather live?

Last edited:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

What is CA to you?

Same old BS. Every thread..lol 😂

Attachments

• 81602684_3021704717853529_7604963514305740800_n.jpg
    81602684_3021704717853529_7604963514305740800_n.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 129776762_10223134711252595_2170595687339748996_n.jpg
    129776762_10223134711252595_2170595687339748996_n.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 49
  • AZ Flag.jpg
    AZ Flag.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Broken Record 5-21-12.jpg
    Broken Record 5-21-12.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 44

hallett21

Reaction score
Rule #1 about hating California

Leave California and continue to talk about it

beerrun

Reaction score
Simple.
In CA I was technicality a felony gun owner, even with legally purchased and registered firearms.
In AZ I’m an American…so far.
Did you get all your guns back? I thought they fell overboard when we went on that deep-sea fishing trip 😁😁

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I am visiting Orange County, pretty surprised almost everyone is masked up. Had to buy a mask just to go grocery shopping in Newport yesterday. Wife and I walked around Balboa Island this morning and at least a third of the people were masked up outside. So glad I did not have my scary Az. gun with me.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Anyone in Cali remember shop classes? Welding, Metal shop, Auto shop, Wood shop? How about Home Economics?

Small Jr. College town, West Texas. Levelland ISD Career and Technical Education. Course ouline Jr. High, HS below.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/455/img_pd_144142_q37jku.jpg?now=747133

South Plains College, Levelland. Texas Tech, Lubbock Christian University, 30 milies East in Lubbock.

Speciatly trades, Sub Contractor? No State of Texas Licensing requirements.
Contractors in the HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical trades must be licensed. They posses a Master license. A firm may legally operate under an Employees Master license.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I am visiting Orange County, pretty surprised almost everyone is masked up. Had to buy a mask just to go grocery shopping in Newport yesterday. Wife and I walked around Balboa Island this morning and at least a third of the people were masked up outside. So glad I did not have my scary Az. gun with me.

It wasn't like that until a month ago when the indoor mask mandate came back.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
So will I be able to drive to needles and get free medical care?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I read somewhere that something about this bill actually passed?

EmpirE231

Reaction score
While I live in CA, and love some things about it... but also HATE several things about it.

Anyone in here that acts like it's all peaches and cream in CA is in LALA land.... lol c'mon

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Rule #1 about hating California

Leave California and continue to talk about it
Because you hate that you left and realize you just moved to a suburb of the IE :)
I don't think I fit that mold very well. I liked the area I lived in, and the lot was decent size for most. The opportunity to make money was always available, and the beaches were nice to have near.

That said, I haven't crossed the border in 13 months, and that was for my friend's memorial service/unofficial car show. Even then, at the height of the governor's BS, the deputies rolled through the lot of 100+ cars, and a couple hundred people, and just asked those (unofficially) in charge to makes sure no empty beer bottles were left.

What upsets me isn't purely relegated to Cali. It's the same way I feel about any city or state that feels it is fine to support the drug addicts or illegals, by placing the financial burden on those that work for better things.

...and by no means is this the same as the IE. Between the occasional snow, and amount of individuals that carry, we don't have many issues with theft by tweakers ;)

hallett21

Reaction score
Lol
YOU asked.
If the answers scare you, stop asking frightening questions.
Maybe you and superclown can start a support group??
Lol why would they scare me? I just find it amusing that California exit people continue to find problems with California rather than brag about their new location.

I hear ya on the gun thing. You’re only a “felon” if you’re arrested 😁.

Members here who enjoy California post photos of Malibu, Oxnard, Big Sur, Mammoth, Mission Bay, Paso Robles, Lake Tahoe etc.

That’s what CA is to me. Where else can you experience all of that inside of a 5 hour drive?

I don’t fault anyone for leaving. If you’re happy I’m happy 😁

Slink

Tennessee Living
Reaction score
Haha nice, I’ll have to try to figure out where this was snapped. Has to be less than a mile or two from my pad
Im gonna guess at the Citrus Park off Van Buren and Dufferin....used to live in Woodcrest.....seen that view many times

Slink

Tennessee Living
Reaction score
And "used to" means yes.....Im a CA. refugee now...traded that view for this one

Attachments

• B5C42EBB-23A4-45D8-B6E5-5A92A61D42DF.jpeg
    B5C42EBB-23A4-45D8-B6E5-5A92A61D42DF.jpeg
    847.8 KB · Views: 31

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Lol why would they scare me? I just find it amusing that California exit people continue to find problems with California rather than brag about their new location.

I hear ya on the gun thing. You’re only a “felon” if you’re arrested 😁.

Members here who enjoy California post photos of Malibu, Oxnard, Big Sur, Mammoth, Mission Bay, Paso Robles, Lake Tahoe etc.

That’s what CA is to me. Where else can you experience all of that inside of a 5 hour drive?

I don’t fault anyone for leaving. If you’re happy I’m happy 😁

I absolutely LOVED my 13 years at lake Shasta.
It was like a completely different world than anywhere south of Williams.
You have to remember, I grew up in Alaska where true rugged nature and beauty was
for real.
To me California was always sort of “post cardy” as compared to what I was used to.
That’s why I truly loved the Shasta area.
If the State of Jefferson was ever formed I would NEVER leave that place.
But here’s the thing.
You are talking geography and natural attractions and nature itself.
There is no arguing the draw that California has in spades when it comes to that stuff.
But it’s everything ELSE that is driving people away.
I offered 2 reasons that CA pissed me off, I have dozens of other reasons and none of them have to do with nature.
They all have to do with the insanity of the management.
I still spend time there on occasion. It’s like entering a god damned foreign country when I go there.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don't think I fit that mold very well. I liked the area I lived in, and the lot was decent size for most. The opportunity to make money was always available, and the beaches were nice to have near.

That said, I haven't crossed the border in 13 months, and that was for my friend's memorial service/unofficial car show. Even then, at the height of the governor's BS, the deputies rolled through the lot of 100+ cars, and a couple hundred people, and just asked those (unofficially) in charge to makes sure no empty beer bottles were left.

What upsets me isn't purely relegated to Cali. It's the same way I feel about any city or state that feels it is fine to support the drug addicts or illegals, by placing the financial burden on those that work for better things.

...and by no means is this the same as the IE. Between the occasional snow, and amount of individuals that carry, we don't have many issues with theft by tweakers ;)

To be fair, that wasn’t directed at you because you don’t seem to complain about your past bustling city full of crime, homeless and problems after moving to another bustling city full of crime, homeless and problems that is cheaper and hotter :)

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Californians shooting the messenger 😂 😂 😂

I don't make California a shithole - I shared some news about the growing stench. You guys have clearly have the money to pay taxes for the millions who don't and you're willing to put up with all the shit - that's your choice. Just like it was the choice of millions to leave.

How about that weather! :cool:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Californians shooting the messenger 😂 😂 😂

I don't make California a shithole - I shared some news about the growing stench. You guys have clearly have the money to pay taxes for the millions who don't and you're willing to put up with all the shit - that's your choice. Just like it was the choice of millions to leave.

How about that weather! :cool:

So I guess you just moved to be the big turd in the small hole now?😂

Gun toting “near tweakers” isn’t something I have to deal with when shoveling the foot of 70* sunshine out of my driveway every morning.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Gun toting “near tweakers” isn’t something I have to deal with when shoveling the foot of 70* sunshine out of my driveway every morning.
C'mon now, we all know it's best get tamales from a guy selling them from the bed of a pickup on Soto...

Nothing like heading to a jobsite with a bag of "Mexican Energy Bars"😎

WhatExit?

Reaction score

That coming from the big turd on RDP

What are you 12 years old? You've got an opinion on everything just like an...well you know

WhatExit?

Reaction score
To be fair, that wasn’t directed at you because you don’t seem to complain about your past bustling city full of crime, homeless and problems after moving to another bustling city full of crime, homeless and problems that is cheaper and hotter :)

Does posting stuff like this make you feel better about yourself and your life?