WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Your house is on fire and you can only grab one thing?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Besides family and pets, what would you grab?

waterhorse

Reaction score
Grab the throttle on a 2000 GPM pumper and put the little fucr out.:D

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
My lighter :tbi

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
It is smart to have some sort of plan....irreplaceable valuables if there is time, most everything else can be replaced.
One of my buddies lost everything he owned except the clothes he wore to work and his pickup in the 2007 wildfires. He lost a shitload of precious sports memorabilia. Afterwards, he was much better dressed.:p

MalibuKen

Rockstar Rocks!
Reaction score
Just like grads - Data backups, which include photos, and financial/insurance papers in my fire box.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Shoes.
I used to drive around town in my high school days barefooted. Somewhere heard that you're probably gonna be fucked barefooted trying to get out of a disaster.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Oh, and the keys to the motorhome so I have somewhere to stay.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Copy of the insurance policy and a 6 pack out of the fridge... Sit back and watch it burn
This is what I did except it was a 12 pack and my golf clubs during the Yorba Linda fire a few years back. :) Fire only made it to the end of the street. Im more prepared now. :thumbup:

mobboss

Reaction score
the marshmellows to watch it burn to the ground!!!! got good insurance but cant forget the old photo albums!!! cant replace them!!!!!

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Here is something to think about... Scan EVERYTHING you think is important as far as pictures, paperwork, policies, receipts,etc and load them onto a USB stick. Everything will fit nicely onto a $20 64gig piece of plastic/microchip. Put that 20$ memory card into a safe deposit box. Update it every two or three months, and when there is a significant change.
Once you get your family and pets out of your burning house, there is absolutely nothing in this world worth going back in for. We pay insurance for a reason.

Briley

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have interviewed hundreds of folks immediately after a fire loss and most ask about family photos and the initial items victims request if they may retrieve are purses/wallets and cell phones. Computers and documents tend to survive as hard drives rarely receive fire damage and dry out, while most documents are stored in drawers and receive mostly water and smoke damage. I have always been surprised how well computers survive incidents, my departments forensic folks have alaways been able to recover data.

So keep your wallet and cell in a consistent location so you may retrieve in a dynamic situation.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
So keep your wallet and cell in a consistent location so you may retrieve in a dynamic situation.

Great piece of information there. I always know where my phone and wallet and keys and sunglasses are. I'm kind of anal like that. :D

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Great piece of information there. I always know where my phone and wallet and keys and sunglasses are. I'm kind of anal like that. :D

X 2 always leave in the same spot.:thumbup:

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
All these guys saying...computers, hard drives and data sticks....what they really mean is their Spank bank.:D:D:D:boobeyes::boobeyes:

C-2

Reaction score
I have one drawer I would need and my computer tower if possible.

Cloud storage is cheap these days and I have every digital photo we have ever taken safe on two different web hosting accounts. You can sign up for an unlimited GoDaddy hosting plan for $70 for the year, buy a crappy little domain name you never use, and you're in business. I have 125GB of photos and we're not big picture people. I also have it backed up in Google drive, 1TB for $10 month. All my important docs too, encrypted first using super simple Glary Utilities.

Computers also sit on 2X6's, I live in a Kaufmann & Broad home and I'm fearful of flooding. We had a mini flood a while back when a rat got inside the washer and chewed a line...and flooded the back part of our house.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I thought for sure without a doubt, Grads would be grabbing his little red "friend" and his banana hammocks running out the door screaming like a girl...."uuuhh, I'm on fire". :gayfight :D:D