WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Your stupid, bad habits?

wash11

Reaction score
As a guy who's spent the last 8 years or so doing my best to get a handle on poor choices and bad habits, this one surprises me. A little 5 Hour Energy bump is very welcome with the amount of hours we work but over time it turned into a "2 a day" habit to the tune of about $175 monthly. Honestly, I'm not sure I even feel positive effects from them anymore. Surely, I can't be the only one doing stupid shit. Feel free to share yours.

IMG_3202.jpg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Quit smoking but I have chewed Nicorette gum for the last 6 years. If I add up all that money...... well I don’t want to think about it. :p

wash11

Reaction score
5 hours have been a similar experience to my crack history, it just takes more and more over time, gets a bit ridiculous. Frankly its almost cheaper to change over to blow.
Sounds like our upcoming Glamis trip is gonna be off the chain. Amy and Laurie already think we're retarded, this can't end well. I'll bring some open faced helmets.

dspracing

Reaction score
After Covid over Christmas I was forced to drop one of my worst Habits. I no longer like the taste of Jack Daniels!!!. I still like a beer with dinner but no more weekly trips to the store for a handle.

After Covid, my Jack&Coke tasted like Nyquil. I missed it but also felt relieved. A month later the flavor came back....

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Sounds like our upcoming Glamis trip is gonna be off the chain. Amy and Laurie already think we're retarded, this can't end well. I'll bring some open faced helmets.
Sadly enough I really dont drink anymore, a glass of wine now before bed is really about it anymore. Taking all of my clothes off at parties just wasn't going over well anymore now that I am 55. That and my brain and the meds I take to manage it is complicated process, further complicated by getting hammered.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I just drank two 5 Hour's, Costco has a Kirkland brand energy shot that is ok for half the price
I used that in the past, the ingredients our identical. Joel should Laurie get you a box when she in CA to work this weekend?

wash11

Reaction score
I used that in the past, the ingredients our identical. Joel should Laurie get you a box when she in CA to work this weekend?
I'm good, thank you though. Once I realized what I was spending and getting nothing in return- just gonna cold turkey it. There's no way these things can be good for you anyway.

wash11

Reaction score
Sadly enough I really dont drink anymore, a glass of wine now before bed is really about it anymore. Taking all of my clothes off at parties just wasn't going over well anymore now that I am 55. That and my brain and the meds I take to manage it is complicated process, further complicated by getting hammered.
I'll be able to picture Laurie's face and hear the words, "really Walt?" in her voice for the rest of my days. That was a pretty good decade.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Addiction or habit?
Tobacco...but pretty much stopped drinking...kind of a wash I think.

Habit, not good about seatbelts. A lot of my old cars didn't have them, or had 5pts. Big trucks, I hardly wore them.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I'm good, thank you though. Once I realized what I was spending and getting nothing in return- just gonna cold turkey it. There's no way these things can be good for you anyway.
All that caffeine is going to be a doosy to come off of. You might want to build a two week taper off plan. If you just go off it cold you are going to have migraines like you have never seen.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
back in the day I used to put down energy drinks all day... used to be able to chug one and go to bed if I wanted to. Now at my old age of 38... energy drinks make me all jittery... def not a good idea to have a few red bull vodkas before bed.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Wife freaks out about that pile of crusty splooge below the bristles on the tooth brush as well as around the tube cap that won’t close anymore cause of the aforementioned splooge .

You do know they have toothpaste with the built in cap?

Grocery warehouse even has them on sale... I just scored 2 tubes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

poncho

Reaction score
I just drank two 5 Hour's, Costco has a Kirkland brand energy shot that is ok for half the price
We used to load an equal amount of those bottles to water on the fishing boat, guys have mellowed that out some.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Joel.... you strike me as a potential weed guy. I'm 61 but emotional and physical age of late 40s and always thought weed was for losers. Until a friend educated me to assist with my spine pain. Boy is there ever a lot to learn once we get past our preconceived ideas.

You're a smart guy .... I'm done preaching. We all know that speed in a can stuff is awful for our hearts.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Quit smoking 11 years ago after 34 years/pack a day.
Stopped drinking beer (that's all I ever drank) 4 weeks ago after a 40 year run. Don't ask me why, I just came home from work one day and decided to start drinking water.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
back in the day I used to put down energy drinks all day... used to be able to chug one and go to bed if I wanted to. Now at my old age of 38... energy drinks make me all jittery... def not a good idea to have a few red bull vodkas before bed.

10 years ago we used to do blasters...Jaeger and Red Bull shots all night in Vegas. I still remember “going to bed” around 3 AM, waking up at 4 AM...I couldn’t sleep, wide awake, insanely tired but still too fucked up to go back out. Lol

No more blasters.

franky

Reaction score
Joel.... you strike me as a potential weed guy. I'm 61 but emotional and physical age of late 40s and always thought weed was for losers. Until a friend educated me to assist with my spine pain. Boy is there ever a lot to learn once we get past our preconceived ideas.

You're a smart guy .... I'm done preaching. We all know that speed in a can stuff is awful for our hearts.
gummies for sure

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Uh Oh, I haven't caught the 'rona yet, and if this is a thing, I am in trouble. I am pretty pot committed at this point.

View attachment 976177

Pretty much the same for me....

if it helped to beat the Spanish flu it had to work for covid.... So I've been putting it to the test..... 3 people in my office had the rona, I and 3 others where spared, 2 of us out of the 4 who didn't get it drink whisky (bourbon) often.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/greg-palkot-pandemic-coronavirus-spanish-flu

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Gummies every night, only way I have ever found to get about 3-4 hours of sleep a night. And now you can buy them in Havasu instead of making the trip to Needles.

rrrr

Reaction score
BTW , most of you are about the age where I quit My 2 pack a day deal, looking back now 20 + years it s probably wa one of the best moves ever

I'm 22 years post tobacco, 15 for alcohol. Don't miss it. My buddy Randy called at midnight yesterday, drunk again. Poor bastard has quit for months, even a couple of years one time. He's in the grip. It's sad, he's a great person.

poncho

Reaction score
Has to be others guilty of this with cars and boats.
View attachment 976209
Been a curse my whole life, why i quit riding certain vehicles, when someone say's leave it stock and just cruise i say you need your head examined....I don't have that ability. It's gotten a little better now that i'm close to 60 and feeling the errors of my ways.

fmo24

Reaction score
Had
Quit smoking but I have chewed Nicorette gum for the last 6 years. If I add up all that money...... well I don’t want to think about it. :p
Had a heart attack two years ago and quit smoking that day. Chewing nicotine gum since. Can’t shake that shit. Down to 2 milligram at least. LOL

wash11

Reaction score

Man, I've tried to like it- really have. Everything I've sampled just made me sleepy or cloudy. Amy and I watch movies where everyone is happy, giggly and enjoying a good buzz and we're both asking, "where's that shit?".

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Man, I've tried to like it- really have. Everything I've sampled just made me sleepy or cloudy. Amy and I watch movies where everyone is happy, giggly and enjoying a good buzz and we're both asking, "where's that shit?".
I got you.........I'm usually that one guy sitting around the campfire that is laughing for no reason
I tried and liked the CBD gummies for sleep a few weeks ago. I'm assuming the THC versions do a better job?
CBD doesnt do squat for sleep with me, you need the THC..........I got you