WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

You're not going to believe this sh#t

jetur

Reaction score
This is a huge deal in AZ news right now. Some ex employees were interviewed and have said there are unsecured entrances and it could have been anybody.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
WTF is wrong with people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This is a huge deal in AZ news right now. Some ex employees were interviewed and have said there are unsecured entrances and it could have been anybody.
10:1 it was someone there, or associated with them(delivery person, ex-employee or family member) With unsecured entrances they were committing multiple other violations as well. Heads should roll, but who knows if the will:(

jetur

Reaction score
And employees not noticing a vegetable going full term on a pregnancy? Lol. How’d they explain that?
So far only ex employee's that have left in the last year came forward, so they weren't there to watch her go to term. Who knows they may have left over this situation.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I have been following this story locally in PHX for the last few days. What a fucking travesty, if that was my daughter, or another family member, I would be in jail for a long, long, time.

Unless I turned myself in while in California, I would just tell them that I identify as an illegal alien.

Last edited:

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Maricopa county has a Huge issue with this type of care particularly when it comes to the elderly. The abuses horrific. It could possibly be the worst county in the country for elder abuse at the hands of institutions.

Edit to say county.

rrrr

Reaction score
Jesus..

DNA test the baby and everyone that works there.

I think it's highly unlikely the crime was committed by someone other than an employee. A random vendor or delivery person wouldn't know the women was in a PVS. An employee would know when caregivers were active and plan around them.

When they get to the employee that refuses to be tested, that's a good place to start looking.

It's unlikely, but being that data storage is so cheap, maybe the facility has a system that stores a couple terabytes of video. If the rape was captured by the system, perhaps it is still viewable.

There are some f#cked up people in this world.

Last edited:

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
I think I'm getting pretty jaded these days because we live in such a fucked up world, but this story really fucked me up. Really really bothered me all day.

A New level of evil.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think it's highly unlikely the crime was committed by someone other than an employee. A random vendor or delivery person wouldn't know the women was in a PVS. An employee would know when caregivers were active and plan around them.

When they get to the employee that refuses to be tested, that's a good place to start looking.

It's unlikely, but being that data storage is so cheap, maybe the facility has a system that stores a couple terabytes of video. If the rape was captured by the system, perhaps it is still viewable.

There are some f#cked up people in this world.
I haven't seen video taken in patient's rooms unless it was sleep study or psychiatric. I have seen a couple ICU's that had monitors at the nurses station, but I don't know if they recorded.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Who the F let's a family member live like that for 10 fucking years??? Pull the plug, throw a party, and move on!

As for the current situation, totally focked up!

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
Video in hallways should help.
CEO left before his ass got fired for cause. Someone’s head needs to roll for this.
This thread hits a Huge fucking nerve in me. AZ is closed as far as holding people responsible for institutions put in charge of our Family members.

Think I'm full of shit? Please people, Do not assume no matter how nice the facility entrance looks or otherwise. Shits fucked up out there. It is BIG F'N biz and NOBODY is going to kill the Golden goose.
That is all I will say.. look out for your loved ones Period.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Who the F let's a family member live like that for 10 fucking years??? Pull the plug, throw a party, and move on!

Could be religious reasons, it could have been somebody's baby girl. There are so many different states of comatose, partially, or vegetative states are different than on life support. When you've seen the look that I'm thinking of, eyes almost alive...but not quite there. The body can live, and the mind gone, or almost gone.
My wife knows, if it comes down to it, I am DNR, and no life-support. Been jumpstarted twice during one surgery, I've used my luck up. Finding someone to put me down if I were vegetative, that is a bit different. Ask yourself, could you end the life of a loved one? I sure as hell don't want to find out, nor be trapped wishing someone would end mine.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Truth is stranger than fiction (and movies). When I heard of this I thought of Kill Bill when Beatrix Kiddo (Uma Thurman) is in the hospital in a coma...

Bill%203.jpg

Many movies depict incredibly bad acts but they still pale in comparison to the evil that humans continue to inflict on others

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Could be religious reasons, it could have been somebody's baby girl. There are so many different states of comatose, partially, or vegetative states are different than on life support. When you've seen the look that I'm thinking of, eyes almost alive...but not quite there. The body can live, and the mind gone, or almost gone.
My wife knows, if it comes down to it, I am DNR, and no life-support. Been jumpstarted twice during one surgery, I've used my luck up. Finding someone to put me down if I were vegetative, that is a bit different. Ask yourself, could you end the life of a loved one? I sure as hell don't want to find out, nor be trapped wishing someone would end mine.
I had to make the call to pull the plug on my mother. I was 34, she was 61, great relationship, yada, yada,....... I'd do it again tomorrow. Life in that state has no quality to anyone, and nobody should have to live like that.

I get what you are saying about religion, but that's a focked up religion if that's reason! I get what you're saying about the different states of veg, but it's still focked up! No reason anyone should live long term like that! Pull the plug (or the feeding tube) say your peace, and let god handle it from there!

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
DNA will always win.Not a win for the family,but for justice.Fuckin guy needs a tribal hearing and sentencing.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I had to make the call to pull the plug on my mother. I was 34, she was 61, great relationship, yada, yada,....... I'd do it again tomorrow. Life in that state has no quality to anyone, and nobody should have to live like that.

I get what you are saying about religion, but that's a focked up religion if that's reason! I get what you're saying about the different states of veg, but it's still focked up! No reason anyone should live long term like that! Pull the plug (or the feeding tube) say your peace, and let god handle it from there!
You and I, and our mothers, were identical ages. That's all kinds of fuckered up!

I believe there is a time, but I guess other's may not feel the same. At the end of the last school year, one of my middle kid's friends was hit by a girl texting and driving. The boy who was hit was crossing the street from his elementary school to the library, to meet his off duty fireman dad. His dad was first on scene, and his firehouse was first to respond. Poor kid was in a drug induced coma for two weeks, brain swelling and broken up pretty bad. He then took a couple weeks to come out of that. 4 weeks comatose, and there was limited knowledge of prognosis. That 10yo walked into his first day after summer. Oh, girl was chased down and held for LE by another parent...

Different feelings for different folks...I'd want to check out. Would I hold hope for my kids for 10yrs...I honestly can't say yes or no, and God willing I will never have to.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I would lose zero sleep putting a bullet between his eyes.

That is pure evil

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

There are no plugs to pull, people in Comas like this woman aren't on life support beyond feeding tubes. I wouldn't want to watch my daughter or wife starve to death.

Last edited:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Just as bad as those sick fockers having sex with corpses.

I think I'm getting pretty jaded these days because we live in such a fucked up world, but this story really fucked me up. Really really bothered me all day.

A New level of evil.

WYRD

Reaction score
Maybe it was immaculate?

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
My wife has a nephew whose son got knocked out in a street fight and has lived in a comatose state over 12 years. He's brain dead but his mother and grandmother will not accept he isn't going to wake up and he's being kept alive with feeding tubes. The cost is unbelievable from what I've been told, but grandma says she'll go broke keeping him breathing.:(

The Terry Schiavo case in FL back in early 2,000's took several years to allow her to go with dignity. The parents refused and the husband went through hell over that deal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terri_Schiavo_case

It's a hard decision, yet the right one when no chance of recovery is going to happen.

But it takes a very sick animal to violate a person, helpless and lying there vulnerable. May they find this asshole and sent him to a special corner of Hell....:mad:

riverroyal

Reaction score
A clinical question...is the baby ok? Was it to term? Babys diet was from the I.V.? No push push? It just seems inconceivable in so many ways.
The woman laying for 10 years, nobody noticed a bump in the torso? Nobody notice a change in blood work? Very little on this which i guess is good.
How is that facility even open today?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
A clinical question...is the baby ok? Was it to term? Babys diet was from the I.V.? No push push? It just seems inconceivable in so many ways.
The woman laying for 10 years, nobody noticed a bump in the torso? Nobody notice a change in blood work? Very little on this which i guess is good.
How is that facility even open today?
From what the news has said, the baby is in good health, and in the custody of the comatose woman's family. Their statement was much to the point that they are disgusted by the circumstance, but the baby is still loved.
Nothing has been said as to when the pregnancy was noticed. I have a feeling this made news because the family didn't want to terminate a pregnancy. I highly doubt a charge nurse started a shift and heard the baby crying one morning. If that is the case, food through a feeding tube may have had some dietary changes. Creepy situation...helpless people being taken advantage of. There are certain times vengeance should be the path to righteousness.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I can’t give too much info out but I can say that the delivery was 100% a surprise to staff and family (Yes it is possible but those medical treatment details will be released at a later date). This was a very sad, unfortunate, heart wrenching situation. One very, very sick individual just changed the lives of so many people... people that are truly at the mercy of others.

Old Texan

Reaction score
I can’t give too much info out but I can say that the delivery was 100% a surprise to staff and family (Yes it is possible but those medical treatment details will be released at a later date). This was a very sad, unfortunate, heart wrenching situation. One very, very sick individual just changed the lives of so many people... people that are truly at the mercy of others.
If I might ask, how do you have what appears to be inside information? Just curious....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If I might ask, how do you have what appears to be inside information? Just curious....
Sometimes it may be in his best interest not to answer...especially if it is somehow related to employment.

As far as it being a surprise...I guess it could be. The blood tests, if taken, wouldn't show pregnancy unless it was being tested for (and why would they?). If the caloric intake on the feeding tube wasn't increased, the pregnancy may not be as obvious. I've heard of women only gaining 15-20lbs with pregnancy, and that was with increasing intake. If this patient was always in bed, 10 or so pounds isn't going to be obvious. As for bodily cycles, we don't know the age of the female, and how consistent cycles are in a comatose state.

Still more questions than answers. Most don't even need to be answered. The "who" is the only one. What scares the hell out of me: If they find who, and that who wants any custody of the child. The courts fail us constantly. This still has the potential to get worse.

Boatracer36

Reaction score
Whats scary is how many times was she raped before she got pregnant. You know it was not just the one time.

I am just as disgusted with family 10 years!!! that's torture.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Not necessarily, the whole time I was reading the article I kept thinking, "they wouldn't get my DNA". I mean if I didn't do shit and they had no real evidence that I might have short of the fact I have a dick, then I shouldn't have to give up my privacy. But that's just me.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not necessarily, the whole time I was reading the article I kept thinking, "they wouldn't get my DNA". I mean if I didn't do shit and they had no real evidence that I might have short of the fact I have a dick, then I shouldn't have to give up my privacy. But that's just me.
I would think the DA would have an idea of who, and then get a warrant for such for samples from those people only. Not to be polite to others, but to cover their ass from suits. At least that's what they did on Law and Order;)

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I would not give up my DNA with out a court order. You need more then just some one refusing to give DNA to pin this on them.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I would think the DA would have an idea of who, and then get a warrant for such for samples from those people only. Not to be polite to others, but to cover their ass from suits. At least that's what they did on Law and Order;)
The article said they're getting samples from all male employees. Not sure if they're limiting it to those that identify as male or if they're going to collect from all biological males.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The article said they're getting samples from all male employees. Not sure if they're limiting it to those that identify as male or if they're going to collect from all biological males.
If that's the case...Yes, they'd need to get a court order for mine as well. If I were being accused of something this bad, and was innocent, I would make it difficult for them. If they couldn't find any other evidence to somehow implicate me, it would be difficult to convince a judge of a court order. People may not agree and say you are hiding something. What happens to "Innocent until proven guilty"? If the DNA is to prove your innocence, would it not also be assuming you were guilty previous to the test?
Ok, I see your point. Narrow the pool of possibilities. That shouldn't be too hard, I would hope.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Yikes...a few lines from the article.

A former worker at a healthcare center where a woman in vegetative state gave birth said there was a culture of 'don't ask - don't tell' with bonuses offered to staff if incidents were not reported.

Marla Kica said staff at Hacienda HealthCare in Phoenix were given financial incentives to encourage them not to officially report problems and that there was a climate of fear among her colleagues.

Slip, falls and bed sores on patients were allegedly under-reported in official documents, Kica told ABC15.

She said: 'If you went so many days without an incident then you would get a bonus.

'I don't know how much other people were offered. I received a lot of bonuses. A lot.'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...onus-culture-of-dont-ask-dont-tell/ar-BBSgVad

Carlson-jet

Reaction score

A former worker at a healthcare center where a woman in vegetative state gave birth said there was a culture of 'don't ask - don't tell' with bonuses offered to staff if incidents were not reported.

Marla Kica said staff at Hacienda HealthCare in Phoenix were given financial incentives to encourage them not to officially report problems and that there was a climate of fear among her colleagues.

Slip, falls and bed sores on patients were allegedly under-reported in official documents, Kica told ABC15.

She said: 'If you went so many days without an incident then you would get a bonus.

'I don't know how much other people were offered. I received a lot of bonuses. A lot.'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...onus-culture-of-dont-ask-dont-tell/ar-BBSgVad
Right..:mad:
See post # 18

Old Texan

Reaction score

Based on what's in that article this place should be closed. And the government agencies inspecting and watching over the place need to be investigated. This deal goes beyond this latest incident.

Damned criminal how old folks and those like the lady in the coma cannot be treated correctly and with dignity. The healthcare industry gets a bad name, yet these type of deals turn up in some degree far too often.:mad:

These places need a guy like Paulie to watch over the loved ones.....They'd think twice

jetur

Reaction score
If that's the case...Yes, they'd need to get a court order for mine as well. If I were being accused of something this bad, and was innocent, I would make it difficult for them. If they couldn't find any other evidence to somehow implicate me, it would be difficult to convince a judge of a court order. People may not agree and say you are hiding something. What happens to "Innocent until proven guilty"? If the DNA is to prove your innocence, would it not also be assuming you were guilty previous to the test?
Ok, I see your point. Narrow the pool of possibilities. That shouldn't be too hard, I would hope.
I would be first in line to give my DNA. I don't know anyone that would want to be implecated in any way shape or form. Not to mention if you said no, that would more than likely be grounds for the warrant to take it.