WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

YoutubeTV vs. Hulu Live.......Thoughts?

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
So who's got what and how do they compare? You get a channel lineup for both right? How are the guides for picking channels and stuff?

73beast

Reaction score
We just started youtube-tv you seem to get more for the base price $49.95.. We had playstation-vue before that,both had guides that you can customize to just the channels you want to watch..

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
I have Hulu live. Has a guide it’s in alphabetical order. It works for us. Gonna get rid of live once hockey season is over and just have regular Hulu for a few months

DuttonDave

Your RDP Connection For Buick, GMC & Cadillac
Reaction score
We have YouTube Tv for our Havasu House and it works great👍 $40.00 per month

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
For those that have youtube are you able to record/save shows?

hawgty55

Reaction score
As far as i know YouTube tv isnt compatible with firestick/Amazon so depending how your streaming you could only be limited to one.

H2O

Reaction score
I have YouTube TV running through an Amazon Fire TV box (not a WiFi Fire Stick)

First rule of streaming TV, always hardwire your box with an Ethernet cable whenever possible, and don't depend on WiFi, especially if watching any 4K programming.

We just dropped cable and started YouTubeTV. Surfing channels is not as convenient, but at a savings of $75/mo we-like it just fine.

And yes you can record programs in the cloud. (Still on the learning curve on recording though, finding it tricky to record individual episodes of a series, instead of all episodes of a series)

It's You-Tube/google though, so you know the interface will be updated and hopefully improved over time.

FWIW- lots of sports channels on YouTubetV including replays of historic games and sports talk , etc

Last edited:

H2O

Reaction score
PS - one thing I haven't been able to access on Amazon Tv is the free Apple TV subscription that came with my new iPhone

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I've been a youtube TV subscriber since its beta. It def has come a LONG way content wise. Its about as close to TV as you can get without it being TV. I hate going to netflix and wasting 30 minutes trying to find something to watch and at that point I'm invested in it and have to watch. Things that I do want to watch and not miss can be easily recorded and viewed as on-demand content.

Meaney77

Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk about streaming TV lately, it appears more and more people are sick of paying for cable and channels they dont watch- myself included.

I have yet to "cut the cord" and still have basic Direct TV however I have several Fire-sticks throughout the house and in my motor home. We have been trying them out to see if we like them before canceling Direct. I am curious what the deal is with everyone needing live TV other than News? You can purchase a Fire stick for ~$50 and add an app such as Terrarium (there is a ton of other ones as well) and see all of the most current shows without commercials after it airs, is that not good enough?

Most local news channels also have the streaming feature on their websites so you can see local news live- you can do all of this through the Firestick.

I am no cheerleader for these devices but we have had good luck so far.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's about youtubetv. After our month of free HULU we will try the youtubeTV.