WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yuma Power Tour October 24th & 25th

wiseone

Reaction score
Its almost hear again, just one more reason to go look at some bitchen boats & have a cold beer with your buddies before the winter river season starts.

a video from the past years

[video=youtube_https;-jlNiRdKM9Q]https://youtu.be/-jlNiRdKM9Q[/video]

K-DOG

Reaction score
Anyone else heading out for this? Weather should be nice in the 90's.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I wish I could!! Always have wanted to go, the Enduro falls on the same weekend or I would be there.

RD

FARMER JOHN

Can't Remember
Reaction score
We will be there... unnamed (35).jpg

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
The event name is badass, kudos to whomever thought it up. [emoji106]

wiseone

Reaction score
Be there on Friday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 68

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
We'll be there checking out the awesome hardware.... :)

edog

Reaction score
Mindy and I will be there.
I think the name came about a few years ago. The guys would meet up at different spot along the river. Things have evolved. Now you have the CP regatta, Power Tour, and a couple others.

K-DOG

Reaction score
I will be there also. See you guys out there.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
OK, I'm sure DB has some much better pics than I do (pictures of actual racing), but I thought I'd throw some in here for now.

We were on the big sandbar up in the no-ski zone in the refuge. Most everyone was setting up on the California side, but it was much too shallow over there for us, so we were on the AZ side. Due to the shallowness on the other side, most of the racing and speed runs occurred on our side, which was a bonus for us.

A couple of the speedsters mixed in with the regular folk:

PA240024.jpg

The view to the north of where we were:

PA240019.jpg

Uhm, Yeah.... :D

PA240020.jpg

We have a resident "BBQ Chef" that brings these huge kettles out and cooks up a bunch of food (chicken, tri-tips, roasts, veggies, etc) for anyone who wants to partake:

PA240025.jpg

Just a sampling of his offerings... BBQ'd squash.... YUM!!!

PA240027.jpg

A shout out to the LRJ's (that's our cook in the tank top):

PA240026.jpg

One slight incident during the day (which happened right in front of us). This jet boat was running down river by himself when the boat all of a sudden cut to the left, into the toolies, and pitched the driver out. The driver was ok. He is in the deck boat in the back. These 2 deck boats immediately left the shore and headed over to him. One got the boat, the other got the driver. We talked to him afterwards (like a 70 YO guy) and he seemed to be ok. I'll bet he was pretty sore on Sunday though.....

PA240029.jpg

Crusader Kid

Flying Yanez Racing
Reaction score
That was Ron Beck that got pitched. Not the first time he has had that happen

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Scouter, who owns that red, white and blue Euro in the first pic? Did he run, what power has he got?

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Scouter, who owns that red, white and blue Euro in the first pic? Did he run, what power has he got?

His name is Donny and he has had that boat for years. Used to have a Mariner 200 OB on it, but he has something different now. I didn't look.

He was doing some speed runs early, but I never saw him line up against anyone.

Very fast boat..... :thumbup:

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
The picture in post 6 shows the drivers SXS with race gear on including helmets. Is it OK to just have pickup races like that or have the cops not caught on? I know they closed Speed Alley in Havasu, not sure if it was for environmental reasons or illegal racing. Pretty cool to see some run what ya brung racing. :thumbup:

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
The picture in post 6 shows the drivers SXS with race gear on including helmets. Is it OK to just have pickup races like that or have the cops not caught on? I know they closed Speed Alley in Havasu, not sure if it was for environmental reasons or illegal racing. Pretty cool to see some run what ya brung racing. :thumbup:

In past years, law enforcement was pretty prevalent. I had heard stories that they were positioned at the launch ramps with decibel meters, and denied some guys from launching due to noise restrictions. Also, they would "anchor up" just north of the sandbar and sit there all day. Not that I was really looking, but I didn't see any out there on Saturday, and I don't believe I saw any last year either.