140 KB · Views: 469

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
cool....

looks less wide than my stock rhino with the old douglas rockstars.:skull:cool:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What is it sitting on? and what are those pom pom looking deals underneath it?

RD

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
cool....

looks less wide than my stock rhino with the old douglas rockstars.:skull:cool:

I used a ratchet strap and pulled the front a-arms in. That brought the front end in a couple inches.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
What is it sitting on? and what are those pom pom looking deals underneath it?

RD

I used to work as a mechanic for a car hauling company. Those are what we call "flippers". A guy I used to work with built that set up for me. There is a plate bolted in the bed of my truck and those are held in with pins. Takes 2 minutes to put them in.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
" Hey honey.....where is that shoe horn again?"

I sure wouldn't drive behind you on the freeway..... :)

Nice not to haul a trailer around though :thumbsup

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

I dont see a problem with it. Yeah, its big compared to the bed but its in there nice and secure. Doesnt really look like there is much of a chance of it coming out at all.

Lets see a pic of those "flippers" I was wondering how you got up onto those things.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

Its in a 3/4 ton truck and the extensions you see are bolted to the bed and stabalized by the bed floor.

Its pretty secure.....same as a trailer

I have done it in a 1/2 ton without the extensions a bunch of times with zero issues.....its always a little sketch ball climbing and backing down the ramps though...haha:D:skull

TOBTEK

Reaction score
im sure if safe and all....just saying if someone came up behind ya on the freeway, they'd be saying WTF. looks huge in the back of the truck....thats all.

Bring it down next weekend for a rock-a Tia trip.

Im Sure RD can get his AF issues handled by then.....:bash: :D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I dont see a problem with it. Yeah, its big compared to the bed but its in there nice and secure. Doesnt really look like there is much of a chance of it coming out at all.

Lets see a pic of those "flippers" I was wondering how you got up onto those things.

I'll have to take a picture later. They work great. Hell they hold cars on a car hauler so I'd say they are plenty strong. I've been hauling my Rhino in the back of my truck for over 3 years now. Never a problem. Not towing is a huge plus. :thumbsup:thumbsup

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Here ya go. If anyone copies them and sells them I want some royalties. :thumbsup:skull

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 198

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Here ya go. If anyone copies them and sells them I want some royalties. :thumbsup:skull

AHH ok! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about now with the "flippers" and all. Looks like if you flip them up inside the bed they will rest on the wheels wells . Is that the case? Have you thought about making a slide system for them so you can slide them inwards when not in use and flipped in? Also, why take off the tailgate? It looks like these would take the load off the tailgate and you wouldnt have to worry about it.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
AHH ok! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about now with the "flippers" and all. Looks like if you flip them up inside the bed they will rest on the wheels wells . Is that the case? Have you thought about making a slide system for them so you can slide them inwards when not in use and flipped in? Also, why take off the tailgate? It looks like these would take the load off the tailgate and you wouldnt have to worry about it.

Yes they flip forward and rest on the wheel wells. No need for a slide system. They come out very easily so no need to over engineer them. I just take them out when I don't use them. They do sorta rest on the tail gate a bit so thats why I take it off. Probably would be ok but the tail gate comes off real easy also so I might as well just take it off.