WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Zion camping trip over before it started.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
We had a group of 3 RV’s going to Zion Oct 9-14. But I just found out that tickets are needed for the shuttles due to covid. Well all pre sale tickets are sold out. Only remaining tickets can be bought the day before you would like to use them in a first come first serve basis.
None of us feel like rolling the dice on getting tickets or not. If we don’t score tickets there don’t be much to do.

So time for plan B. Which is Camping in mammoth or Williams in the Forest. And going riding. But everyone has a SxS and I have been trying to wait out the shortage.
But are the forests open for camping? Where can I look for info? Any suggestions for locations, is it super busy out there and will spots be hard to find?
Also we might pull the trigger on a very low hour 4 seat Rzr or. Can am if I can find something for 25k if somebody has a line on something let me know.

Riley1

Reaction score
Go a tad bit further to Bryce?
we camped in Panguitch a few nights this summer. Bryce one day, brianhead another.

Attachments

• 96C53AF0-61CE-4DCA-81A3-CAF789519593.jpeg
    96C53AF0-61CE-4DCA-81A3-CAF789519593.jpeg
    497.6 KB · Views: 239
  • 36253726-D003-4B84-AFF0-A3C62B7B0F57.jpeg
    36253726-D003-4B84-AFF0-A3C62B7B0F57.jpeg
    331.6 KB · Views: 232

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
We were just in Williams. Rode to Chino Valley and Jerome and ate at the Haunted Hamburger
A lot of roads closed for camping and the road up to Bill Williams Mtn and i think they're closing Coleman lake. FR108.
Sites are hard to find. We got lucky and went sunday afternoon and found a site when most were leaving but still busy up there
Confused on the Stage II fire restrictions. Some guys yelled at us for having a propane fire pit but restrictions still allow them
We also might be selling our rzr in the picture
119961733_10214476996559199_3752535288159923959_o.jpg
120089265_10214477268846006_3529539081096627995_o.jpg
120069324_10214477003559374_3434400641199073953_o.jpg
120097399_10214477003959384_6904307573918393040_o.jpg
119942672_10214477002839356_143948973553031734_o.jpg

Riley1

Reaction score
Any campground recommendations?
There are campground’s right outside of Bryce if you wanted to spend more time there. We camped at Tropic Reservoir over Labor Day Right near Bryce and it was beautiful. Dry camping though doing the OHV thing.

77charger

Reaction score
Think ca forest are closed still. Az open but like said no fires.

RCDave

Reaction score
Went to mammoth a few weeks ago. The smoke from the creek fire was bad. And they closed all the national forest campgrounds. Not sure if they reopened. Probably not....

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
We had a group of 3 RV’s going to Zion Oct 9-14. But I just found out that tickets are needed for the shuttles due to covid. Well all pre sale tickets are sold out. Only remaining tickets can be bought the day before you would like to use them in a first come first serve basis.
None of us feel like rolling the dice on getting tickets or not. If we don’t score tickets there don’t be much to do.

So time for plan B. Which is Camping in mammoth or Williams in the Forest. And going riding. But everyone has a SxS and I have been trying to wait out the shortage.
But are the forests open for camping? Where can I look for info? Any suggestions for locations, is it super busy out there and will spots be hard to find?
Also we might pull the trigger on a very low hour 4 seat Rzr or. Can am if I can find something for 25k if somebody has a line on something let me know.

Check and see if Monache/Kennedy Meadows are open. You can take all your toys up there.

Check with the BlackRock ranger station and see.

Don't try and tow up there with a gas truck unless it has low range and manual hubs.

Ask me how I know...

C Ya

Reaction score

We just left Zion about 6 hours ago. in case you don’t know they have brought in private shuttle services in addition to the park shuttles. You can get tickets on the private shuttles, but they are $30 each - yikes! They have removed half of the seats in the park shuttles. Incredible place to visit.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I’ve been up that road. No way I’m taking my trailer up that lol. I’ve seen donkey trails wider.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
We just left Zion about 6 hours ago. in case you don’t know they have brought in private shuttle services in addition to the park shuttles. You can get tickets on the private shuttles, but they are $30 each - yikes! They have removed half of the seats in the park shuttles. Incredible place to visit.
40 mins from home went twice working on a hotel in town 😢

cakemoto

Reaction score
We were just in Williams. Rode to Chino Valley and Jerome and ate at the Haunted Hamburger
A lot of roads closed for camping and the road up to Bill Williams Mtn and i think they're closing Coleman lake. FR108.
Sites are hard to find. We got lucky and went sunday afternoon and found a site when most were leaving but still busy up there
Confused on the Stage II fire restrictions. Some guys yelled at us for having a propane fire pit but restrictions still allow them
We also might be selling our rzr in the picture
View attachment 926631 View attachment 926632 View attachment 926633 View attachment 926634 View attachment 926635
You’re not even supposed to smoke outside you’re supposed to smoke indoors only .can’t have any kind of fire propane or not can’t shoot guns anything that could spark and cause a fire

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Sounds like an abundance of Govt Regs. Some needed, many others ??? But not to worry. A Biden administration should make all that better. . . . NOT! I can only imagine what that would be like.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I’ve been up that road. No way I’m taking my trailer up that lol. I’ve seen donkey trails wider.

Don't be a girly man! LoL

I've had my 26ft toy hauler up there a number of times, and my BIL has pulled he 30ft toy hauler back to Monanche.

If you've been there, I'm sure you know lots of people pull there huge horse trailers up there as well.

Post pics when you get back. 👍

bripar77

Reaction score
Check out Coral Pink Sand Dunes. Great trails besides the Dunes. Your only 30 minutes or so from one entrance to Zion.

JFMFG

Reaction score

Where do you live I got a buddy in chino who owns a rental company just got the new 4 seat rzrs and canams might be a route to go if you want to wait it out for the prices to drop

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Went to mammoth a few weeks ago. The smoke from the creek fire was bad. And they closed all the national forest campgrounds. Not sure if they reopened. Probably not....
Good buddy lives in Independence and Havasu. He just came down here to Havasu Friday. Said he had to get out of the smoke up there.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Williams check the KOA it’s actually pretty awesome and they’re right at the base of a ton of offroad trails. Some super rad runs if you basically follow the railroad tracks west then just pick a trail from there. Or follow the old Grand Canyon Railway tracks towards the Grand Canyon.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

We spent a week in Zion and non the last day did some adventuring outside of the park. Wish we had done that on day one as there’s so much better scenery out side the park.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Williams check the KOA it’s actually pretty awesome and they’re right at the base of a ton of offroad trails. Some super rad runs if you basically follow the railroad tracks west then just pick a trail from there. Or follow the old Grand Canyon Railway tracks towards the Grand Canyon.
That was the first place I called and it’s booked solid. Along with any other decent campground you would want to go to.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
We spent a week in Zion and non the last day did some adventuring outside of the park. Wish we had done that on day one as there’s so much better scenery out side the park.
Suggestions? Looks like we may roll the dice and still go as our options are limited.
Fires have the Inyo county Forrest closed, Mammoth and June lake campgrounds booked. Willians campgrounds booked, kind of hesitant to haul all the way to William and not know where to look for spots off the beaten path.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Suggestions? Looks like we may roll the dice and still go as our options are limited.
Fires have the Inyo county Forrest closed, Mammoth and June lake campgrounds booked. Willians campgrounds booked, kind of hesitant to haul all the way to William and not know where to look for spots off the beaten path.

We went and fished the Kolob reservoir the driver there and back was more beautiful than anything we saw in the park.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

We also rented a sxs. (We had also bright our rhino) we went out and just got lost. We would look at a mountain and just head towards it. Awesome riding area.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score