WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ZZ Top-NetFlix Documentary

Meaney77

Reaction score
Had a pretty mellow Sunday and spent the day recovering on the couch after a Big Saturday!

I came across this doumentay on ZZ Top- kinda cool and worth checking out if you like documentaries and ZZ Top! I didnt know much about this band other than some of the hits from the 80's.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Always liked their music. Saw em live at a Love Ride in Pomona many years ago.

Thanks for the tip!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Saw them live at The Love Ride in Lake Castaic years ago.
Watched it on Friday night after everyone went to bed early. Was pretty good.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Love those guys....saw them twice live when I lived in Austin. Those three guys put out some great music. I’ll watch the show.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
They’re in Vegas this month, hoping to go see them. I too enjoyed the documentary.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Love their music!!!!! have all their songs.... seen them twice in concert.... showmanship is equal to the Eagles....LOL

some Bands ROCK!!! and some play their Music which is GOOD!!!

riverroyal

Reaction score
Never understood the popularity of these guys....but im all over the map on music.
Red hot chili peppers is like nails on chalk board for me and people think they are gods of music

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Odd band. Nevertheless iconic legendary artist. Documentary was really good in my opinion. It explains a lot.

wet hull

Reaction score
Watched it Fri night. I don't think I knew anything about the band like I thought I did.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I watched it yesterday and thought it was pretty good. I would have liked to have more info on what they did after the Eliminator album, especially from the mid 90s through now.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
I’ll have to check it out.

First concert I ever went to was ZZ Top Eliminator Tour stop at Alpine Valley in WI. Drove my 68 Chevelle 3 hours from home at age 17. That was my first live experience witnessing a laser show and it was awesome!

checkrd past

Reaction score
First concert I ever went to ,1977 at the Forum with opening band Elvin Bishop

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I love ZZ Top. They have a sound nobody else does. I am always surprised how humble they are. Billy Gibbons is a super nice guy from what a couple of my friends have said that hung out with him. Boy was Frank Beard quite the party or what? You can tell from his face his road was a little different than Dusty and Billy.

C-2

Reaction score
Will check it out, Billy Gibbons is one of those cats who's just straight-up cool.

Thanks for sharing it, every time I go on Netflix I forget about all the cool shows mentioned here. This one I'll remember.

rightytighty

Reaction score
Enjoyed ! Thanks for the recommendation. The use of cartoons and real life was unusual and cool.

The MTV part was funny when they first discovered it. Talking on the phone back and forth: “When’s this documentary end?” Lol

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
It was a good documentary, I have seen them twice and wanted to see their show in Vegas but it looks like its been postponed.

jetur

Reaction score
Started tonight, will finish tomorrow. Thanks for the PSA.