WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2022 Stock Market

zhandfull

Reaction score
Didn't see a stock thread for 2022 so here it is.

Been a pretty brutal week! Been exiting positions all month with my play money brokerage account. Up a little overall, think it's time to sit on the sidelines and watch for a while.

c_land

Reaction score
6th biggest correction run since the GFC... so far anyway.

FJpxdPbXsAAAcdL

farmo83

Reaction score
I got lucky catching the falling knife in a big way in 2020, not trying again. I've concentrated my buying on tech that's gotten beat up.

I also follow MeetKevin and he liquidated everything stock wise until start of March.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Set a few limit orders this morning that I thought were pretty low and every damn one hit.😳

Englewood

Reaction score
Fighting myself to not go cash. This market scares me. 24/7 negative news on stocks and crypto...

farmo83

Reaction score
Be careful trying to catch the knife,

See below that missing out on 10 days can cut your returns by 50%

Attachments

• 10 days.PNG
    10 days.PNG
    60.6 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: DWC

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I’m getting murdered on PLTR.

I’m done a good chunk. Good thing I can let this money sit for atleast 6yrs before I touch it.

zhandfull

Reaction score
I’m getting murdered on PLTR.

I’m done a good chunk. Good thing I can let this money sit for atleast 6yrs before I touch it.
I had few tech speculation type stocks that were doing the same. Dumped them today and stopped the bleeding. Fortunately some of the more mainstream stocks that I previously sold covered that loss.

I’m afraid the party may be over for stocks of companies with no earnings.

The good news is I found this useful bit of information online.

“You won't lose more money than you invest, even if you only invest in one company and it goes bankrupt and stops trading. This is because the value of a share will only drop to zero, the price of a stock will not go into the negative. ... “😁

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
At this point I’m holding my long positions and playing options daily. I have new price targets for my growth plays(Pltr, chpt, dkng, etc. I think they can still lose close to 50% 😬 Options is a lot of fun and you can make a lot of money everyday. You can watch it go to zero and expire worthless too though. Last week I made money with Apple lucid and SoFi calls. And Netflix puts. I also got greedy and watched 2 amc and SoFi calls expire worthless but it was a good learning experience. Options are traded on the Mac d, not emotions.

sintax

Reaction score
Fighting myself to not go cash. This market scares me. 24/7 negative news on stocks and crypto...

That’s where I’m at right now. I’ve taken an absolute pounding the last couple of weeks. Im thinking I should have pulled out. I’ve never played that game though, I always just tell myself it’s the long game.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Lot of red in the pre market this morning. Everything is on sale. Trying to hold off on buying anything till March FMOC meeting concludes. Will see how my will power holds up.

nowski

Reaction score
Black Monday?

Will earnings week turnaround this Country and Economy? Who are they kidding???

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I bailed out of everything this AM when I woke up.

Xring01

Reaction score
IMHO…
We may no longer be in a Bull Market…
This may be the beginning of a Bear Market….

There are lots of things to consider.
Fed is raising rates, due to inflation, and slowing things down on purpose.
Russia is trying to start a war
China is being China
Iran is being Iran
Korea is being Korea
and the libtards are waking up to the fact that Uncle Joe, is probably not the best choice in todays world to get us thru these challenges.

Combine that with the fact that the vast majority of Wallstreet are Libtards… and they just got scared.

Makes this a pretty high risk environment, for short term investing.

Xring01

Reaction score
we haven't even seen the rate hikes yet........
Correct, but Wallstreet is always pricing in the “NEWS”… therefore the current prices are reflecting the outlook of the first rate hike.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Nvidia always bounces back…… and still goes up. Right now is a great time to buy. Just saying.
It’s around $230 a share right now. It was $346. It will not only return to that number…… forecasters are predicting it will hit $400 at some point this year.

Ok…… that’s my good deed of the day!

Nvidia has been the greatest stock ride I have ever taken. My 20k investment was at 1.3 mil in value, now it’s down to around 950k. I might buy more since it is currently on sale.

PaPaG

Reaction score
More to come....hold onto your hats....but if you do your research and are not in a panic there are tons of great buying opportunities right around the corner, short and long term......I read the writing on the wall and bailed out of almost everything Dec 31st. SO GLAD I DID. Now its hunting time....

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
The last time S&P rebounded intraday like this was Oct 2008... and it fell a further 35% before the lows were put in...

Careful all you Jordan Belfort's.............. 😝

zhandfull

Reaction score
The last time S&P rebounded intraday like this was Oct 2008... and it fell a further 35% before the lows were put in...

Careful all you Jordan Belfort's.............. 😝

That was a wild day for stocks and right back to red after the close. 😁

boatnam2

Reaction score
Down big to start, something bounced it back up, probably the big boys doing some damage control. I think its in for another ride down.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Yesterday my portfolio rebounded 14k+ from the lows.

Today its rebounded 17k+ from the lows.

Volatility begets volatility.

Market needs some Ritalin. Lol

The numbers turning are eye popping based on gross numbers but not as much if you just concentrate on %.

Good luck peeps

zhandfull

Reaction score
My watch list for stocks today was all solidly in the red with the exception of banks, gold, and oil stocks. They would have been my winners today!

Could be reading into it wrong but I'm guessing higher interest rates, more expensive gas and gold may be ready for a breakout.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Good news, the premarkets are all up, In overnight trading.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
The last time i bought Boeing was 10 years ago at 74. Bought some today at 194. Got to be good for the long term.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Bought some COIN and DIS this morning. Both were down by the close. Will see what kind of tolerance I have moving forward.

cofooter

Reaction score
The last time i bought Boeing was 10 years ago at 74. Bought some today at 194. Got to be good for the long term.
My Ex-Boeing friend swears by it long. They have had their share of disappointments the last few years, but they will come back.............

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Futures are red and 10 year bond is down. Gonna be a bloody day tomorrow although that could change overnight.

1643257145799.png