WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2022 Stock Market

PaPaG

Reaction score
SOFI to the front !!!!

If it gets to the 15 I may at a new boat.
I had it for the last month, averaged 9.567 per share, started selling 1 very large block this am 10 minutes before the bell at 10.53, once open sold the rest in huge blocks at 10.75, 11.20, 11.35, 11.20, 11.55, was a risk to hold this long for a day trader but took a chance on my research and a gut feeling, its gonna easily pay for the wife's new vehicle.. Best trading day in 2 years for me so far. Sometimes research and waiting pays off.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Amazon has treated me pretty well over the last 26 years.
Back when I bought AMZN at 103 and change sold and made some good money twice, if I would have kept it til recent I would have easily retired this last 45 days two or three full pay scale up...if only I held. kicking myself for not waiting on that one for sure...

PaPaG

Reaction score
Well I have been holding PLTR for a while. I was 6k in the red for a very long time. Today I’m only $500 in the red.

Let’s go!!
PLTR is an amazing day trading stock that is for sure.

PaPaG

Reaction score
xs09EjdkRiZj.jpeg
I think Jim Cramer is an Bloviating IDIOT!

farmo83

Reaction score
I had it for the last month, averaged 9.567 per share, started selling 1 very large block this am 10 minutes before the bell at 10.53, once open sold the rest in huge blocks at 10.75, 11.20, 11.35, 11.20, 11.55, was a risk to hold this long for a day trader but took a chance on my research and a gut feeling, its gonna easily pay for the wife's new vehicle.. Best trading day in 2 years for me so far. Sometimes research and waiting pays off.

I bought 7 dollar Jan 2025 call options on it when it was around 4.50, they are doing quite well lol.

I like them through at least the end of the year when people start refinancing student loans maybe early next year, we shall see.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I bought 7 dollar Jan 2025 call options on it when it was around 4.50, they are doing quite well lol.

I like them through at least the end of the year when people start refinancing student loans maybe early next year, we shall see.
I am going to buy it back if it dips enough and sell it right away with any decent upticks, but no where near the amount I had bought prior. I think it will go up again once student loans start being paid off as long as DUMBLEDORF and his Admin do not create another way to screw the tax payer by letting them slide on either interest rates or complete forgiveness. So far so good with that not happening but you never know.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Looks pretty flat today. I'm assuming we may see a drop tomorrow. From my observations, when we have had a long bear market increase, to a flat market, we usually get a pretty good drop. I'm am awaiting my triggers in the next month or so to go into SQQQ. Historically, September and October are usually down months and I like to bet on the negative.

PaPaG

Reaction score
TODAY makes all good day traders feel like they are kids in a candy store with so many great day trading stocks on SALE!

hallett21

Reaction score
TODAY makes all good day traders feel like they are kids in a candy store with so many great day trading stocks on SALE!
Not sure a credit downgrade day is the time to buy.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Not sure a credit downgrade day is the time to buy.
These credit downgrades had a negative impact for sure but FEAR is the driver of the huge drop today IMO. We always have and always will get through this. When fear rears its ugly head in the market it is "TIME TO BUY" in my humble opinion (and advise from some huge investors like Buffett).. As Buffet has stated many times, "Be fearful when others are greedy, and to be greedy only when others are fearful". I love when fear hits the market.
During these times a day trader may have to average down a few times during the panic and hold a stock through a few days or even longer if the fear based selloff continues for a short period, If research is current and the stocks bought have a future in a buyers opinion it can be well worth it to hold and sell when and IF the stock goes back up to pre fear levels and hopefully much higher. Again, this is just my lifelong view.

Last edited:

PaPaG

Reaction score
What do you like?
I do not like suggesting stocks because I would hate it if anyone I know or that asks loses money especially a fellow RDer, it would bother me a lot. I do however mention what I have bought and sold and my opinions on the stock and people can do the their research and decide if the cyclical trends are decent enough to make a profit. Not trying to be a DK but again I would hate it if anyone I know buys something because of me and they lose hard earned money.

hallett21

Reaction score
These credit downgrades had a negative impact for sure but FEAR is the driver of the huge drop today IMO. We always have and always will get through this. When fear rears its ugly head in the market it is "TIME TO BUY" in my humble opinion (and advise from some huge investors like Buffett).. As Buffet has stated many times, "Be fearful when others are greedy, and to be greedy only when others are fearful". I love when fear hits the market.
During these times a day trader may have to average down a few times during the panic and hold a stock through a few days or even longer if the fear based selloff continues for a short period, If research is current and the stocks bought have a future in a buyers opinion it can be well worth it to hold and sell when and IF the stock goes back up to pre fear levels. Again, this is just my lifelong view.
Consumer credit next week makes me think we still have more to pull back.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Consumer credit next week makes me think we still have more to pull back.
I think you may be right, but between then and now market will bounce a little and time to sell and buy again...HOPEFULLY lol.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Time to keep a very close eye on the market, some AMAZING DEALS out there right now, some looking like they will be going down a bit more due to fear and no news, look for huge drops from fear selling on companies that have no negative news and have historically had great upside cycles after a fearful drop.... buy in blocks but do not invest 100% of investment money, keep a chunk for averaging down if a downtrend continues, it is almost time to make some HUGE money folks...

hallett21

Reaction score
Place your bets. Is inflation coming in hot or cold tomorrow?

boatnam2

Reaction score
Pretty solid couple weeks in the oil stocks, sold today even though I think it still has legs with oil prices, can't be greedy.

530RL

Reaction score
Trading stocks and active management is certainly fun and a good mental exercise.

But for the young out there and the balance of retirement funds this lesson is important to at a minimum read.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Some great upswings this morning from both the oversold fearful selling of good stocks the last few days along with the warranted sell offs, remember if you day trade try your absolute very best to get out of the market the minute you feel you have made a decent profit for the day, holding out for the last few dollars sometimes bites you in the ass, and is what usually gets traders in trouble with losses. DON'T Chase that extra $$.