WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2022 Taxes filed

Ladsm

Reaction score
Just did my Taxes for 2022 and there wasnt much to them this year. Import W-2, input Alimony, add up all that money I put in the collection plate on 52 Sundays and take the standard $25K deduction. No surprise my return dropped 50% from last year.

Good thing Beer inflation didnt follow Eggs and Gas this year.

Reactions: DLC

BingerFang

Reaction score
Makes me wonder what the markup on beer is, lol!

shunter2005

Reaction score
Just did my Taxes for 2022 and there wasnt much to them this year. Import W-2, input Alimony, add up all that money I put in the collection plate on 52 Sundays and take the standard $25K deduction. No surprise my return dropped 50% from last year.

Good thing Beer inflation didnt follow Eggs and Gas this year.
Didn't think you can deduct charitable contributions anymore. Did you use that or something else for the deduction? My CPA told me that if we take the standard deduction, you cannot claim any charitable contributions. Going to cost me $600 this year vs last.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Didn't think you can deduct charitable contributions anymore. Did you use that or something else for the deduction? My CPA told me that if we take the standard deduction, you cannot claim any charitable contributions. Going to cost me $600 this year vs last.

You were able to deduct $300 ($600 married) in charitable contributions in 2020 and 2021 without itemizing and just taking the standard deduction. They didn't extend that tax law into 2022 so you can't do it any longer.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
You were able to deduct $300 ($600 married) in charitable contributions in 2020 and 2021 without itemizing and just taking the standard deduction. They didn't extend that tax law into 2022 so you can't do it any longer.

So Mr Shin..... what are you seeing as far as year over year return changes so far this year?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Made my appointment with a new tax person this year. I will be happy to owe anything under 5k.
Between wife and I we already paid 30,000 something in taxes and my previous tax person said that was not near enough and we will owe around 10k

FML

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Can't tell you yet. We're not working on individual tax returns yet. Corp and LLC's first and then individuals.
Gotcha
Made my appointment with a new tax person this year. I will be happy to owe anything under 5k.
Between wife and I we already paid 30,000 something in taxes and my previous tax person said that was not near enough and we will owe around 10k

FML
Holly shit! $40k in income taxes?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be owing close to 10k, this is after having 4 kids as dependents and only claiming two all year. Just another reason to say Fuck California right along with the Feds....

Icky

Reaction score
You guys arre making me nervous

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Still trying to get my 2022 workked out. Seems someone filed a fraudulent return with a single line deduction of $136,000. IRS sent a direct deposit refund to a bank in Louisiana for just under $24,000. Started looking for my refund as it didnt come. Mailed a hard copy, IRS said I filed 2 returns so they merged them. My many year tax preparer was MIA, and no help. Funny that my return was identical to the fraudulent one other than that one deduction.
Going with someone new this year!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I once had IRS difficulties, to the extent I needed to speak to them. That wasn't an easy task. When I was finally able to speak to a live IRS person . . . they were very much verbally challenged. 100% true. This IRS person continued to refer to a 'Po Poo Re Fu'. I apologized and told them I couldn't understand. I had no idea what a 'Po Poo Re Fu' was. Turned out he was attempting to say 'Corporate Refund'. Sad deal, but fortunately it all came out OK. Good Luck.

Wayn-o

Reaction score
I can say I spent a total of about 5 hours on the phone with them. Just under 4 hours on hold. The 2 people I spoke with were very helpful and spoke English. The last girl who was the most help was located in Phoenix. I coud tell she worked from home. I could hear the dog, kids, etc.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Can't tell you yet. We're not working on individual tax returns yet. Corp and LLC's first and then individuals.
@shintoooo you taking on anymore individuals? Pretty simple return. Married, 2-W2s, Interest Income, Wealthfront investments, Robinhood investments, move from CA to TX, new house.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I’m sure those are all extensions I would think. Do extensions take the same amount of work as finals? Business’s still need to pay estimated taxes by April in either case, correct?

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I’m sure those are all extensions I would think. Do extensions take the same amount of work as finals? Business’s still need to pay estimated taxes by April in either case, correct?

I do about 60% by the deadline and the rest go on extension. S-corps and LLCs don’t pay any federal taxes, only a small CA tax and the LLC also pays a gross receipts fee in CA depending on the gross income. Those are due in April, June, Sept, and Jan if they owe them.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Man you guys are making me twitch. Just started compiling my tax stuff, lots of life changing events for me again this year. The Fed took out about 52K in taxes this year, paid my sons mother 24K in alimony, refi of the house to pay off the 2nd ex... my tax lady has seen it all, and gave me great advise last year, hope it pays off!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Getting our taxes done Saturday morning with our guy in Ventura. After we are heading to Lure for lunch.

EDIT: Ended up at Winchesters Grill and Saloon on Main Street and the food was great.

Last edited:

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
A lot of you are in a hurry... Did ya give the government a zero percent loan and now want it paid back asap? lol.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Filed Saturday night, refund Wednesday ... been some easy years

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Pretty sure I’m gonna owe to CA enough to buy a new a Tesla.
Fuck CA. 😬

Reactions: DWC

Bedrock

Reaction score
Getting our taxes done Saturday morning with our guy in Ventura. After we are heading to Lure for lunch.

EDIT: Ended up at Winchesters Grill and Saloon on Main Street and the food was great.
Lure NEVER disappoints! Best clam chowder and if you haven’t tried their Baja oyster shooter you will thank me.

farmo83

Reaction score
11.5k owed and 0 state income tax as I live in texas.

After doing the math bring on the fair tax act that won't pass.