WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E4X GT Performance Edition

spectras only

Reaction score
Let me say, I won't buy an all electric anytime soon. But this ugly mf'r performs.
Friend of mine bought one and I test drive the sucker. 0-60 in 3.7 sec. He owns an auto shop and wrap biz, so he writes the car off, has two kids so needed a SUV. I was impressed with the interior finish and feel of the car.
I wonder why Tesla didn't bring the roadster back that I liked styling wise.
I read Ford will end MAch-E by 2026, a two door sport model will do well , I think.

2 permanent-magnet synchronous AC; combined output, 480 hp, 634 lb-ft; 88.0-kWh liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery pack

Suspension, F/R: struts/multilink
Brakes, F/R: 15.2-in vented disc/12.4-in disc
Tires: Pirelli P Zero PZ4 Elect
245/45R-20 103Y

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

riverroyal

Reaction score
There's a silver one in my area with aftermarket wheels, full tint.
I like it. Not ugly in my opinion
IF I was a elec buyer this would be up there for choices
After a white electric bmw. 😁

spectras only

Reaction score
There's a silver one in my area with aftermarket wheels, full tint.
I like it. Not ugly in my opinion
IF I was a elec buyer this would be up there for choices
After a white electric bmw. 😁
Well , if taking the Mustang out of equation, as an SUV, it's not bad.:p

spectras only

Reaction score
He wrapped it.
1675228105167.jpeg

1675228271855.jpeg

I'll wait to win the lotto and buy this for the track. It's only 1.7 mil https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/gt
2023-ford-gt-mk-iv-02-1670543667.jpg

Last edited:

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
If they didn't call it a Mustang, I think I'd be good with it. It's about as much a pony car, as a Subaru Brat is a pickup.
Agreed! My wife’s cousin has one and tried to justify the name with me because it has some of the same lines along the roof. 😂😂😂

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
If they didn't call it a Mustang, I think I'd be good with it. It's about as much a pony car, as a Subaru Brat is a pickup.

They should have called it a Taurus, that's a name that was ground breaking in its day and fits the market segment better. Don't know what they were thinking with the Mustang monicker...

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
88 kwh battery. Does that thing run on Premium or std electricity?
Use that power, recharge every hour.

The new Ford Lightening when towing like 6k lbs will consume nearly 2.5 kwh's a mile going uphill. I couldnt make it from So cal to Banning and nobody stops in Banning.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The Mustang was a car for the young family back when it was introduced. The Mach E is right in that original spirit. Back to the roots.

Look at this old ad that begins with a reference to diapers:

https://www.goantiques.com/ford-mustang-have-554733
I do somewhat agree with that. The original Mustang concept was to be a sporty, yet affordable car. It was compact by the day's standards, and was offered with a V8.

The Mach E is not the most affordable, but I guess buy electric car standards it isn't too bad. Whereas in 1964, the Mustang had a distinct look and feel, the Mach E looks like the offspring of a minivan and a Mustang.

It's more of a "Moosetang"🤣

I like the tech involved, but at the ripe old age of 45, I still have fond memories of filling my 65's with gasoline. Really great memories of those Friday nights, filling dumpcans at the local airstrip, or the rare trips to the 76 on Citrus... getting race gas from the pump😍

2Driver

Reaction score
Ford is dropping the price up to $5,700 as a result of Teslas price drop. LOL industry analysts now say it’s selling under water at a loss for Ford.
Meanwhile Rivian is laying off 6% of its workforce. Not sure what it all means.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Ford is dropping the price up to $5,700 as a result of Teslas price drop. LOL industry analysts now say it’s selling under water at a loss for Ford.
Meanwhile Rivian is laying off 6% of its workforce. Not sure what it all means.

Cutting the fat.

Ford can afford to sell them at a “loss”when you have 30 people paying $80k for a new truck for every Mach E sold they lose $1k on…

All these EV MFGs know that their product is only for a specific narrow slice of the population. They are fighting for marketshare.