WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Everyone is in the same boat. When speed does come out it means all the supply issues and bullshit are done. Meaning the crazy mark ups will be too. Had speed been April to start production last week, maybe… but they didn’t and it’s going to be a while.

🤣 lol no. They are gonna start trickling out just like everything else is.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not quite sure I understand what you are saying.. but in this scenario when the speeds do come
Out I’d have to imagine they’d be worth more than a can am?

That said I don’t think that can am was worth 85.. shit my car was nicer than that and I sold it for 40’s.. lol. Wish I still had it now.

Get with the program Dave. Speed bad, you’ll never get yore car. You are dumb for paying $20k less than current market value 🤪

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
China is having major issues again. Nio just stopped production again. It is what it is

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Is it insane to pay $85K for an, according to Dave, moderately built CanAm?
Of course it is.

Is it insane for 1Carl to expect $80K for something that so far is fairy dust?
Of course it is.

The world is full of insanity.

The difference is the insane guy at the boat show left with something on his trailer.

1Carl needs to find someone experiencing a whole different level of insanity. They're out there.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Of course it is.

Of course it is.

The difference is the insane guy at the boat show left with something on his trailer.

1Carl needs to find someone experiencing a whole different level of insanity. They're out there.

Same level of insanity that pays $300k for a pontoon. Seems like there are plenty lined up.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Of course it is.

Of course it is.

How about this???? What if it is not insanity for buying a toy that you want but really keeping you from insanity. There are guys out there that have been working hard saving up for the rainy day only to have things shut down from things out of your control. Sometimes you got to say F’it and get something that you really want. The hard part is that there are many out there is the same spot and then you add in thone that are living beyond their means. That will drive up the prices as well. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ All I know is my personal situation and don’t really compare or judge others for their direction. Unless they are a good friend/family/kid. Then I wpull be a little concerned. 👍

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I don’t do production cars, or sxs’s, I do production drywall. As a super I’m not sending a couple guys here and there to do a wall here and there. I wait till everything is ready to go then I send in my crew and bomb it out. I’m not doing it while the plumbers or electricians are in the walls, nope wait till it’s ready to go and hit it full speed. Maybe production of cars is different, but I would think starting just to stop again is kind of dumb. At this point just wait till there’s no supply issues then go full blast. Maybe trickling them out a couple at a time will make people happier

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
To me production means production. Otherwise just build a couple a week by hand as parts come in

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
How about this???? What if it is not insanity for buying a toy that you want but really keeping you from insanity. There are guys out there that have been working hard saving up for the rainy day only to have things shut down from things out of your control. Sometimes you got to say F’it and get something that you really want. The hard part is that there are many out there is the same spot and then you add in thone that are living beyond their means. That will drive up the prices as well. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ All I know is my personal situation and don’t really compare or judge others for their direction. Unless they are a good friend/family/kid. Then I wpull be a little concerned. 👍
The insanity that I am referencing though, is spending $80 to $85,000 for something that can be purchased for $40 to $50,000 at the most.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
To me production means production. Otherwise just build a couple a week by hand as parts come in
100% correct. Setup time on machines is critical. You do not want change setup if you don’t have to. With robots it’s even more critical

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The insanity that I am referencing though, is spending $80 to $85,000 for something that can be purchased for $40 to $50,000 at the most.

You see the seemingly endless line of people that pay $1000 for a PS5 When they could “just wait” and get one for $500. You can “just wait” and get that $300k toon for 30% off MSRP.

Why are C8 corvettes, Broncos and Raptors trading hands over MSRP? Because people are impatient.

These are all the same people, with different levels of income.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don’t do production cars, or sxs’s, I do production drywall. As a super I’m not sending a couple guys here and there to do a wall here and there. I wait till everything is ready to go then I send in my crew and bomb it out. I’m not doing it while the plumbers or electricians are in the walls, nope wait till it’s ready to go and hit it full speed. Maybe production of cars is different, but I would think starting just to stop again is kind of dumb. At this point just wait till there’s no supply issues then go full blast. Maybe trickling them out a couple at a time will make people happier
That is what every mfg that makes anything is doing right now. They are making a run of stuff and waiting until supplies catch up to make another run.

They turn the assembly line on and off as needed.

There is a balance in there somewhere and Speed will figure out what works for them and their customers.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
so outside of all the banter... will people start seeing deliveries before oct/nov desert season?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
so outside of all the banter... will people start seeing deliveries before oct/nov desert season?
If they are making these by August, yes. I give it an 80% chance we see them for the beginning of this season.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Other manufacturers have their own factories and floor space right? Is speed renting space from someone?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So I'm assuming production starting dates are still up in the air? nothing solid yet?

First Test production run was said to be April. It’s still April.

They said when they have the assembly process dialed, they will go full production.

Car is done from a design perspective. They may be doing a couple small revisions.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
You see the seemingly endless line of people that pay $1000 for a PS5 When they could “just wait” and get one for $500. You can “just wait” and get that $300k toon for 30% off MSRP.

Why are C8 corvettes, Broncos and Raptors trading hands over MSRP? Because people are impatient.

These are all the same people, with different levels of income.
Different levels of insanity.
Lot's of people can save up enough paper route money to pay double for a PS5.

The problem 1Carl specifically will encounter is he is creeping up on the full custom build Speed car cost and his buyer's will not get traditional financing for something that doesn't exist yet and when it does, is priced at double the MSRP the manufacturer lists.

As I said, such insanity exists within our population but the pool he needs to draw from is pretty shallow.

I've said before, more power to him if he gets it but if it were me, I'd be a tad nervous.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
200w.gif

200w.gif

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Different levels of insanity.
Lot's of people can save up enough paper route money to buy a PS5.

The problem 1Carl specifically will encounter is he is creeping up on the full custom build Speed car cost and his buyer's will not get traditional financing for something that doesn't exist yet and when it does, is priced at double the MSRP the manufacturer lists.

As I said, such insanity exists within our population but the pool he needs to draw from is pretty shallow.

I've said before, more power to him if he gets it but if it were me, I'd be a tad nervous.

Carl will make money overall. At minimum the car he keeps will be free.

The problem is how much it costs to build a Can Am or RZR to 300 HP. You are right, these aren’t full custom. That is all some people care about. To build a 300 HP Can Am is $10k alone.

The sale will come when the car lands. The reason these will sell is because people don’t want to wait. No one is going to pay a huge premium just to wait. They can go buy a Polaris or Can Am to wait.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
So I guess the partner is also sitting waiting patiently for production to start. Sounds like lots of wasted space and equipment

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
First Test production run was said to be April. It’s still April.

They said when they have the assembly process dialed, they will go full production.

Car is done from a design perspective. They may be doing a couple small revisions.
I may not be remembering correctly but wasn't the April production of 50 cars supposed to follow the production of 10 or 20 cars that were to remain Speed property?

Have they said whether or not they've run their cars yet?

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Carl will make money overall. At minimum the car he keeps will be free.

The problem is how much it costs to build a Can Am or RZR to 300 HP. You are right, these aren’t full custom. That is all some people care about. To build a 300 HP Can Am is $10k alone.

The sale will come when the car lands. The reason these will sell is because people don’t want to wait. No one is going to pay a huge premium just to wait. They can go buy a Polaris or Can Am to wait.
That is very likely.
He could have been there already by now had he not shot for the moon.😁

You can't win if you don't play though.👍

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I may not be remembering correctly but wasn't the April production of 50 cars supposed to follow the production of 10 or 20 cars that were to remain Speed property?

Have they said whether or not they've run their cars yet?

The first 50 car run they do will include Speed’s own cars is what was stated.

1Carl

Reaction score
I still have 7 cars. Doesnt matter to me which ones I keep but if I go to Havasu to pick it up I’ll probably raise the price another $5K-$10K. I paid $12K options/deposit and paid over $7K to first owner to get car #35 last summer. Base Price RG El Jefe is $41,999 now at back of long line. If I get one of these first 50 cars produced it may be awhile until more production parts are acquired. I hope not as I have Master 551 and master 856 and master 994 El Diablo 2 seat. China is having Covid-19 surge and more lockdowns. Ford just stated they’re expecting chip shortage for at least 6 more months. Philadelphia imposing new mask mandate again April 18th.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
These conversations are getting so stupid at this point I’m not sure what to do with it all.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I still have 7 cars. Doesnt matter to me which ones I keep but if I go to Havasu to pick it up I’ll probably raise the price another $5K-$10K. I paid $12K options/deposit and paid over $7K to first owner to get car #35 last summer. Base Price RG El Jefe is $41,999 now at back of long line. If I get one of these first 50 cars produced it may be awhile until more production parts are acquired. I hope not as I have Master 551 and master 856 and master 994 El Diablo 2 seat. China is having Covid-19 surge and more lockdowns. Ford just stated they’re expecting chip shortage for at least 6 more months. Philadelphia imposing new mask mandate again April 18th.

Before I delete this thread I want to tell you..

You are a jerk off on every level.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’d like to finish this off with..

Idiots.. I can’t believe how much time
And energy into arguing about a fictional or not fictional sxs..

Jesus.. and I got more money wrapped up into this bullshit than anyone in this thread other than fuckwad Carl.. which I think is 1/2 full of it.

If you fuckwads continue it outside of here I’m gonna do what I’m gonna do. Make your decisions wisely.

RD

Status
Not open for further replies.