WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
2 shifts???? How does anyone hire enough for 1 shift right now?
Last week the live feed had concerns over trucking.
4 cars per truck and 300 a week? Texas to az is a 3 to 4 day round trip.
They need roughly 40 dedicated drivers and rigs.
At what point can we all agree there is critical information we are not aware of.

4 cars per truck? What are they using a duramax? Lol

cold_one

Reaction score
At what point can we all agree there is critical information we are not aware of.

Haha that is only the tip of the ice berg. Those problems you are talking about are only a concern when they are producing 300 cars a week. Right now they can't even start up the production line and are "projecting" 60 days out. Which means they don't have a start date and already have multiple problems they are working through. Basically best case scenario is 60 days they might start production. You think they are worried about truck drivers when they are still in the design phase?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Haha that is only the tip of the ice berg. Those problems you are talking about are only a concern when they are producing 300 cars a week. Right now they can't even start up the production line and are "projecting" 60 days out. Which means they don't have a start date and already have multiple problems they are working through. Basically best case scenario is 60 days they might start production. You think they are worried about truck drivers when they are still in the design phase?
I think they are 100% concerned about trucking. They mentioned it.
No need to pump out 100 a week if you cant get them on trucks.

riverroyal

Reaction score
4 cars per truck? What are they using a duramax? Lol
Well yeah. They wont be getting many long haul flat beds right now.
Think about it....lets say ride now phoenix has 4 coming, thats most likey a duramax independent guy.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Also. Are these coming in crates? Car pulled down with shipping straps to stack the boxes?
Like polaris where they get 8 to 10 loaded.
Some even ship with the cage off

riverroyal

Reaction score
RG and crew have a plan. We just dont know it
If i was a boat delivery guy i would be contacting speed now. Be a great driving gig.

riverroyal

Reaction score
RDP utv shipping. Here we go! Coors light and smokes from havasu to texas. Fill your new warehouse as you continue to hit the road.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

At what point can we all agree that we do not know or need to know every detail of the supply and logistics chain for this product, nor is Speed going to share those details with you.

I’ve been telling you that his for months, this is not a serial process, it is a parallel one.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Also. Are these coming in crates? Car pulled down with shipping straps to stack the boxes?
Like polaris where they get 8 to 10 loaded.
Some even ship with the cage off

Once again, if you watched the releases, or read anything from the people that have been, you’d know this.

I think we are just now to the point where you said they would be able to produce a single chassis that you said would take them “9 months” :)

riverroyal

Reaction score
At what point can we all agree that we do not need to know every detail of the supply and logistics chain for this product, nor is Speed going to share those details with you.
Speed menttioned it live.
If they dont want consumers coming to conclusions then dont give out red flags.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Once again, if you watched the releases, or read anything from the people that have been, you’d know this.

I think we are just now to the point where you said they would be able to produce a single chassis that you said would take them “9 months” :)
They have not produced one.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
They have not produced one.

What does that have to do with them coming in crates or not? The preordered cars are coming fully assembled.

They have lots of chassis. Based on a picture of the factory you said they would not be capable of producing them for 9 months and they had them 1 month later.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Speed menttioned it live.
If they dont want consumers coming to conclusions then dont give out red flags.

You aren’t a consumer of one so why does it matter? :) And you are free to jump to any conclusion you like.

riverroyal

Reaction score
You aren’t a consumer of one so why does it matter? :) And you are free to jump to any conclusion you like.
I am a consumer. Ive had 4 utvs. I will have another soon.

Shipping was right out of speeds mouth. Not mine

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Huh? Dave was laughing about shipping 4 at a time. If they crate them it could help ith shipping
They aren’t creating them, they are fully assembled with the options you ordered at the factory.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I am a consumer. Ive had 4 utvs. I will have another soon.

Shipping was right out of speeds mouth. Not mine
Then let them deal with it? I’m sure they can figure out shipping.

Why are you worried about their assembly line staffing and shipping challenges?

riverroyal

Reaction score
They aren’t creating them, they are fully assembled with the options you ordered at the factory.
Copy. So about 4 per truck load. Thats all. Lots and lots of logistics. Im sure they have a broker lined up for april ish

riverroyal

Reaction score
Then let them deal with it? I’m sure they can figure out shipping.

Why are you worried about their assembly line staffing and shipping challenges?
Your missing the point....
For once im out. Take me for a ride when you get it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Your missing the point....
For once im out. Take me for a ride when you get it.

No I’m not missing the point at all. We are paying for a UTV. We don’t get to decide where it is made and how it gets to where it needs to go. Does anyone with a reservation even care about any of that? They missed the original debut in a worldwide pandemic, fine. Just tell me when it will be ready, where to pick it up and who to make the check out to.

Aside from my original guidance of a March 2020 delivery date I have not been advised of any other delivery or manufacturing expectations until the last couple weeks. If they don’t meet these new expectations I and many others involved will ask questions.

It’s not my job to staff the assembly plant or worry about their deliveries, especially when none of us have any of that information, it is all just conjecture.

Of course you are always welcome to a ride or drive when I get it.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Go back and find the page and link it here. If we do I will shoot it on over!
Your initial bet was post
My response was
You responded
Me again
You

Idk how to link it. I screen shot them

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
they haven't met a single deadline announced to the public, why would we assume they will get it right now?

I work in supply chain, over promise and under deliver is a saying that holds true here.

LOF is right that they DONT have to disclose their assembly, supply chain, logistics issues or solutions with us. However, the public is demanding it. Polaris met their deliveries of the PRO R as promised.

Being that they ARE disclosing ENG changes and design confirmations, leads me to believe with all my experience that they are not tooled up ready to go on the assembly line yet. They do not have all the pieces in place to flip the mfg swtich on. I think most of the issues are SPEED related at this point vs supply chain issues. But if they are making change to say "wiring harness, roof racks, crankshafts, ect". You cannot expect those changes to turn on and be delivered to the final assembly plant say in "60 days." finishing a car in 20 min is no joke and ALL the pieces of the puzzle must be in place and solidified before turning on the switch including shipping of said cars. Again its not what they ARENT telling us, but what they ARE telling us that paints the picture.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
they haven't met a single deadline announced to the public, why would we assume they will get it right now?

I work in supply chain, over promise and under deliver is a saying that holds true here.

LOF is right that they DONT have to disclose their assembly, supply chain, logistics issues or solutions with us. However, the public is demanding it. Polaris met their deliveries of the PRO R as promised.

Being that they ARE disclosing ENG changes and design confirmations, leads me to believe with all my experience that they are not tooled up ready to go on the assembly line yet. They do not have all the pieces in place to flip the mfg swtich on. I think most of the issues are SPEED related at this point vs supply chain issues. But if they are making change to say "wiring harness, roof racks, crankshafts, ect". You cannot expect those changes to turn on and be delivered to the final assembly plant say in "60 days." finishing a car in 20 min is no joke and ALL the pieces of the puzzle must be in place and solidified before turning on the switch including shipping of said cars. Again its not what they ARENT telling us, but what they ARE telling us that paints the picture.

The only deadline they ever gave was the debut dates (on paper March 2021) and then assurances they would be at the sand show in 2021. Officially they are at 50% right now. They have been careful never to promise anything else, so I’m not sure what other broken promises you are referring to?

I said in 2019 when these were announced that they would be late.

In fact the vast majority of the predictions made by members here never transpired either, or Speed proved them wrong.. getting cars to the Sand Show, having production chassis ready, magically getting parts from China when they said it could not be done, etc.

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
They’ll figure out trucking. Yes it’s a challenge right now but with the right people calling they’ll make it happen.

I just moved $9M worth of construction equipment (excavators, boom lifts, reach forks, etc...) on a two week notice. All that shit is way bigger than a UTV and we pulled it off no problem.

Laguna

Reaction score
I just sold my business in Texas. I can tell you first hand they will struggle hiring people and retaining them. I have no dog in this fight but there is so much work out there and not enough work force.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A standard car carrier should be able to carry 9-10 cars.
I would guess there are a few of them available with auto production being slow now.

I guess it’s foreign to river royal that Robby owns several stacker semis that can haul more than four each already?

He hauls all the sst trucks all over the place.. he could literally do his own shipping with equipment he already owns?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Your initial bet was post
My response was
You responded
Me again
You

Idk how to link it. I screen shot them

You are joking.. I actually just spent ten minutes going back snd reading this.

You never accepted any of the bets. You said “it might” end up being an easy 1000.. you inquired later on how to get in on one bet..

And then question my character on bets?

Jesus..

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I guess it’s foreign to river royal that Robby owns several stacker semis that can haul more than four each already?

He hauls all the sst trucks all over the place.. he could literally do his own shipping with equipment he already owns?
Not cost effectively though. He's going to need to move a volume of cars once they get going.
If one car every 20 minutes happens, even one production line will out pace his stacker.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not cost effectively though. He's going to need to move a volume of cars once they get going.
If one car every 20 minutes happens, even one production line will out pace his stacker.

Stacker? Singularly? Or stackers?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

He is shipping these things to all the races..

When they aren’t racing they couldn’t make some runs on speed cars?

That’s just one way of moving by them.. that’s not even picking up the phone to a shipping company?

Singleton

Reaction score

He is shipping these things to all the races..

When they aren’t racing they couldn’t make some runs on speed cars?

That’s just one way of moving by them.. that’s not even picking up the phone to a shipping company?

The drivers he has in the trucks pulling the trailers might be his, might be outsourced.

With most deliveries in AZ and CA, getting units from TX to those areas will become an issue. He can’t lock any shipping contract until he knows units will be rolling off the line. Read the federal government wants to allow 18yo to do interstate long hauls, that might help, but is sketchy as hell.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The drivers he has in the trucks pulling the trailers might be his, might be outsourced.

With most deliveries in AZ and CA, getting units from TX to those areas will become an issue. He can’t lock any shipping contract until he knows units will be rolling off the line. Read the federal government wants to allow 18yo to do interstate long hauls, that might help, but is sketchy as hell.

I am Just saying he’s shipping ten trucks, plus four or five backups.. plus all the jumps and support stuff all over the place already.

Those races aren’t happening that often..

I was under the impression he owned all the stuff to ship all this stuff. If it’s subbed out?? News to me.

That all said shipping 20 speed cars daily seems like the easiest if all the hurdles to jump in this thing. Developing a motor and trans woulda been the hardest

Last edited:

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Freight is through the roof expensive right now.
I just sent a dry van semi load Houston to Lake Havasu and it cost $3,700-$3,800. Somewhere around that.
That dry van would only carry 4 maybe 5 cars?
His best bet to use double stack car carriers and get as many on as possible.

I do see hot-shot guys with dually's on I-10 with single deck car carriers but that get's unreliable unless your paying for the deadhead back.

2Driver

Reaction score
I just sent a dry van semi load Houston to Lake Havasu and it cost $3,700-$3,800. Somewhere around that.

I do see hot-shot guys with dually's on I-10 with single deck car carriers but that get's unreliable unless your paying for the deadhead back.
AF160ED3-C67A-4545-8983-982EABF310C2.jpeg

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

He won’t be paying empty loads back, cash has to ship too!!! With all the cars being delivered he needs trucking for the cash too lmao

Singleton

Reaction score
I am Just saying she’s shipping ten trucks, plus four or five backups.. plus all the jumps and support stuff all over the place already.

I was under the impression he owned all the stuff to ship all this stuff. If it’s subbed out?? News to me.

That all said shipping 20 speed cars daily seems like the easiest if all the hurdles to jump in this thing. Developing a motor and trans woulda been the hardest

He might own the rig - the driver could be outsourced and not an employee

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I am Just saying she’s shipping ten trucks, plus four or five backups.. plus all the jumps and support stuff all over the place already.

Obviously I have no idea what Speed has planned for this but I've been in business for over 30 years and one thing I learned quickly was do your job and let others do theirs.
In my opinion they are better served designing, building, improving and selling cars. Let those who haul for a living do the hauling.
I run my semi's in Arizona only with a VERY RARE trip for any of them to New Mexico, Nevada, reluctantly California and only hauling my own product.

Even if they only manage 20-25 cars a day in build production, the logistics of moving them Texas to Arizona 4 or 5 at a time would be a bitch.
With Federal Hours of Service restrictions on drivers, each trip out and back is multiple days per driver/truck.

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
let's do some math here. let's say they use a semi-truck with a stackable car hauler trailer. Let's say factory produces 24 cars a day (reasonable yea?) A semi can haul 8-10 cars. Thats three semi pickups a day to drive to various locations from Pheonix, Vegas, SO Cal and more. (1 truck may have 2-3 stops depending on load and destinations). Let's say they are all going to so cal. that would be a 4–5-day trip, right? there and back? Therefore, you would need 15 trucks a week, but you can have just 15 because if 1 breaks down or bad traffic or accident or anything your perfect stream is screwed up right? SO, you need about 15-20 on the road at any given time to keep the factory from piling up and product moving.

that's not horrible but that is a small logistics company size fleet there in itself. Loads would be full, or they lose money on the car. With loads costing 10-20k. that's a lot of money in a hurry.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
let's do some math here. let's say they use a semi-truck with a stackable car hauler trailer. Let's say factory produces 24 cars a day (reasonable yea?) A semi can haul 8-10 cars. Thats three semi pickups a day to drive to various locations from Pheonix, Vegas, SO Cal and more. (1 truck may have 2-3 stops depending on load and destinations). Let's say they are all going to so cal. that would be a 4–5-day trip, right? there and back? Therefore, you would need 15 trucks a week, but you can have just 15 because if 1 breaks down or bad traffic or accident or anything your perfect stream is screwed up right? SO, you need about 15-20 on the road at any given time to keep the factory from piling up and product moving.

that's not horrible but that is a small logistics company size fleet there in itself. Loads would be full, or they lose money on the car. With loads costing 10-20k. that's a lot of money in a hurry.

Where did the 2-3 stops come in? Last I heard they were delivering out of his facility in OC or his facility in Havasu?

If delivery was somewhere else the customer was gonna pay for it.

Again this seems like the smallest hurdle to jump.. but I digress..

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score

At least 50% + of the owners waiting on R&D & completion of their Speed Car would not hesitate drive to Texas or wherever to pick up their car as it rolls off the line.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Are they delivering air.Because air isnt there🤦‍♂️ Cart before horse. Carry on w/ the math facts😂

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
At least 50% + of the owners waiting on R&D & completion of their Speed Car would not hesitate drive to Texas or wherever to pick up their car as it rolls off the line.

I personally would wait for mine unless I got a plant tour like you can with BMW. If they did that and had an off-road track near I’d drive out for the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.