WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Before... and eventually after....

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Chris made a custom hose with a splitter that goes off the jet and feeds the motor
Can you post a pic

I run a water hose to the engine and a second hose just shooting backwards at the nozzle to get some water on it

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
How fast has this thing gone in the past and what is the goal of the boat now, super cool project.

Duramax

Reaction score
My good fuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, I agree! Wow! I love a clean boat that gets even cleaner. Great job on the rigging, colors, everything. Would a big ol' PSI make a big difference on a motor like yours? I see the blower has the "Pro-Loc" sticker on it, is that a change in rotor design? What hp and boost are you running?

Sorry for the questions!

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
Lol, I agree! Wow! I love a clean boat that gets even cleaner. Great job on the rigging, colors, everything. Would a big ol' PSI make a big difference on a motor like yours? I see the blower has the "Pro-Loc" sticker on it, is that a change in rotor design? What hp and boost are you running?

Sorry for the questions!

A psi would be badass but I can't afford it, they take much less power to spin than a roots does. My blower is custom built inside with custom rotors. Spike said right now about 29 lbs of boost with the new injector, but we are going to lower that obviously, last time on the dyno was 1313hp.

Duramax

Reaction score
A psi would be badass but I can't afford it, they take much less power to spin than a roots does. My blower is custom built inside with custom rotors. Spike said right now about 29 lbs of boost with the new injector, but we are going to lower that obviously, last time on the dyno was 1313hp.
Wow! I can't believe you can run so much boost on a roots! My 564's were right at 12psi I think.

Great job again

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
Can you post a pic

I run a water hose to the engine and a second hose just shooting backwards at the nozzle to get some water on it
20210318_175713.jpg

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
No Jetaway on that thing? The main reason I installed mine is so that I can run the motor without spinning the pump.

Nice job on the rebuild! Beautiful....

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
No Jetaway on that thing? The main reason I installed mine is so that I can run the motor without spinning the pump.

Nice job on the rebuild! Beautiful....

Spike is going to make me a custom spline like he had on his fuel boat, just not sure when yet, lol

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
117 with the old 540, with this motor good question... goal is to have something different that no one else has

Be careful with that winger at those numbers. They are tricky on touchdown should a catastrophic failure happen on the big end. I’d have both a ratchet and blow off.

Beautiful boat and should be a ton of fun with the updates. Thanks for taking us along on the journey.

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
Be careful with that winger at those numbers. They are tricky on touchdown should a catastrophic failure happen on the big end. I’d have both a ratchet and blow off.

Beautiful boat and should be a ton of fun with the updates. Thanks for taking us along on the journey.

Believe me I agree, it's getting all that in the off season, for now it's just a cruiser family boat...

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
117 with the old 540, with this motor good question... goal is to have something different that no one else has
That’s fast I’ve only been low 70s in my rig and I can’t image another 40 on top of that.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Step it up! Go to injection...

Meh. I like having one toy that isn’t efi. I just changed the impeller to a new cut to gain some mph and now that I got a different wideband installed I can lean out the carb. I’m hoping for mid to upper 70s at the same boost at the river next time out and 80 plus on the 9 psi blower pulley. Nothing like your setup but not bad for what was a NA 468 that was from the old owner

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
Meh. I like having one toy that isn’t efi. I just changed the impeller to a new cut to gain some mph and now that I got a different wideband installed I can lean out the carb. I’m hoping for mid to upper 70s at the same boost at the river next time out and 80 plus on the 9 psi blower pulley. Nothing like your setup but not bad for what was a NA 468 that was from the old owner

Ummm, I meant mechanical, not efi

oldschool

Reaction score
Step it up! Go to injection...
That’s the debate I’m having with myself on my vdrive project. Whether to go carbs or a hat. It’s almost a toss up cost wise, just a matter of what’s more “drivable” for a play boat. Your setup definitely is on point.

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
That’s the debate I’m having with myself on my vdrive project. Whether to go carbs or a hat. It’s almost a toss up cost wise, just a matter of what’s more “drivable” for a play boat. Your setup definitely is on point.

Have spike build and set up your system, he's the best in the business...

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
He would only know me as RogerThat...or possibly Scott. LOL

Sent From Tapatalk

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
She ran great, I need larger pulley to slow my blower down tho...

X Hoser

Reaction score
I said many times that your boat and set up is off the charts nice! Question; Is the drive pulley and idler pulley something someone carries in stock somewhere or did you self designed and fabricate it yourself to turn the blower around? If you don’t mind sharing? I’ve always wanted a lower river jet boat with a blown BBC in it but never liked the blower belt and pulleys so close to the back seat. Seems real dangerous if one of the ladies has long hair! Thanks!

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
I said many times that your boat and set up is off the charts nice! Question; Is the drive pulley and idler pulley something someone carries in stock somewhere or did you self designed and fabricate it yourself to turn the blower around? If you don’t mind sharing? I’ve always wanted a lower river jet boat with a blown BBC in it but never liked the blower belt and pulleys so close to the back seat. Seems real dangerous if one of the ladies has long hair! Thanks!

Corey at B&G designed the rear plate, BDS custom built the blower and reversed everything inside of it. I can send you some detailed pictures of it later if you'd like?

X Hoser

Reaction score
Corey at B&G designed the rear plate, BDS custom built the blower and reversed everything inside of it. I can send you some detailed pictures of it later if you'd like?
When you get a chance that would be great! Thank You.

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
Heard and then saw your son idling that beast through the channel last weekend. Looks and sounds awesome!

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
What’s the logic on running the blower drives on the rear vs front

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
What’s the logic on running the blower drives on the rear vs front

Less chance of getting hair/body parts caught up in the belt drive, methinks [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro