WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Brain Trust Needed Motion Activated Strobe light?

jonnyd

Reaction score
I'm hoping the RD brain trust has a solution for me. My business is being over run by the homeless community. They don't seem bothered by my motion activated lights. I'm hoping that I can make my own bright LED motion activated light that will strobe when it is activated. My thought is that it will either deter them or at least notify local law enforcement if they happen to be driving by my business.

Can I purchase a strobe control that I can wire into the lighting circuit? If so what is this control called.

Thanks for the help!

sintax

Reaction score

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
I know this will sound weird but playing classical music through an outdoor speaker deters them from hanging around. We talked about doing it at a laundromat that we owned....but sold it instead. :D

Does classical music deter homeless?
Some 7-11 locations in Los Angeles are playing classical music from a speaker under their sign to prevent people from loitering on the property

Icky

Reaction score
I assembled my own motion lights for my house and used a RAB motion detector to turn them on.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

Maybe this could be wired to a motion sensor and set to run for an hour each activation

JBZ

Reaction score
Keeps animals and pests out of your yard. So Maybe......

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
No room for some "landscaping" that requires sprinklers?
This works well. The only catch is you need to be careful because there are actual "sprinkler police" that could bust you for wasted water. You also need to be attempting to water plants, not just hose down the bums.

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
They are gonna get smashed
I like the idea though

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Wire up a motion detector light with a separate strobe light off of amazon. Seems pretty simple, and seems like a great idea.

Of course you may end up with a homeless rave party instead, LOL

Taboma

Reaction score
Wire up a motion detector light with a separate strobe light off of amazon. Seems pretty simple, and seems like a great idea.

Of course you may end up with a homeless rave party instead, LOL
Better yet, multiples so they're all firing at once, they'll go all zombie and f*cking eat each other in the psychotic frenzy. That one linked on Amazon will apparently fire strobes if set in manual mode, I'm just not sure of the input trigger, I'm assuming just a closed contact like on a motion sensor.
Plus in manual mode the strobe speed is adjustable, so with three or four firing from a single trigger, all set to varying speeds, it's going to be wild.
I just got the opinion the Amazon strobe wasn't all that bright, it's only 5 watts total, even for a LED that's not blazin.

Sherpa

Reaction score
different take on the homeless crap. I've called in to our santa clara abandoned vehicle hotline to report a parked motorhome infront of my work.
there's alot of cars needing parking space on the street, and this POS isn't helping. it's been there for over 3 months. so I called on dec 22.
the voice recording for the city had SOOOOO many default comments like; If this vehicle has occupants, or such. they go on and say just because
this vehicle may not look nice, or clean, or whatever, they won't tow it....................

so far, this being Jan 20, the city still hasn't even put a tag on it....... the ONLY thing they mention is if the vehicle is missing major parts, etc
they will come immediately.........

so I'm bringing a tug strap and this sunday morning at 5:30am my partner and I are gonna drag that POS and park in the middle of a major
expressway and then see if they decide to tow it.

BTW: there's broken windows in this thing, the rv door locks are broken, etc. it looks like nobody has been inside for quite some time. if it wasn't parked in a camera-ridden area, i'd carbeque this thing.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
different take on the homeless crap. I've called in to our santa clara abandoned vehicle hotline to report a parked motorhome infront of my work.
there's alot of cars needing parking space on the street, and this POS isn't helping. it's been there for over 3 months. so I called on dec 22.
the voice recording for the city had SOOOOO many default comments like; If this vehicle has occupants, or such. they go on and say just because
this vehicle may not look nice, or clean, or whatever, they won't tow it....................

so far, this being Jan 20, the city still hasn't even put a tag on it....... the ONLY thing they mention is if the vehicle is missing major parts, etc

so I'm bringing a tug strap and this sunday morning at 5:30am my partner and I are gonna drag that POS and park in the middle of a major

BTW: there's broken windows in this thing, the rv door locks are broken, etc. it looks like nobody has been inside for quite some time. if it wasn't parked in a camera-ridden area, i'd carbeque this thing.

Get a video!

Icky

Reaction score

I saw an older motor home when I came into my neighborhood once, to told my wife if it's there in a couple more days I'm hooking it up and dragging it somewhere else. Must've been a neighbors as it was gone the next day 🤷‍♂️