WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Busch Clash…Who’s going?

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Anyone attending the NASCAR Busch Clash next month at the LA Colosseum? Joe @OldSchoolBoats his boys & I will be going on Sunday. Hoping that it’s going to be more exciting than Bristol. I know you nascar haters are “go straight turn left, go straight turn left boring”. Even the biggest haters I think can agree it’s going to be a good one.
4A2154B1-804E-4853-BABE-4710A69EF17E.jpeg
B4A39E35-A06D-41BA-A75C-0C15967B861E.jpeg
4DC75B76-7AE2-46E9-B093-141CA47F152E.jpeg
5D593084-141A-439C-987B-223DDA87E86B.jpeg

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I would like too but not sure about the area since I would need a place to stay and don't see much of a place for an rv. I guess I could just park among the homeless rv encampments.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
We would like to have gone but are out of town. I think it will be fun regardless....

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
What is the track length? This is gonna be pretty cool.

Just read, it is 1/4 mile. Wow.

rrrr

Reaction score
A quarter mile flat track just laid down with 3,600 lb cars running 350 laps in six races.

With the side loads those cars put down, I'll be most surprised if the track doesn't come apart by the main event. There should be Vegas odds on the lap it'll happen.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
A quarter mile flat track just laid down with 3,600 lb cars running 350 laps in six races.

With the side loads those cars put down, I'll be most surprised if the track doesn't come apart by the main event. There should be Vegas odds on the lap it'll happen.
Or it'll survive just fine and be drama free. 😊

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

The track will still be in better condition at the end of the event than most of the streets a block from the coliseum.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score

New (temporary) race track, new cars, new wheel and tire package. What could go wrong.

I'm actually on the fence about going. A friend wants to go but I might steer him to a few races at the PAS instead.

playdeep

Reaction score
Gonna be interesting...
Present day Nascar is basically WWF while attempting to appeal to a new Woke audience.
They've pretty much jumped the shark as far as being a series devoted to real racing.
The whole 1/4 mile bullring deal with heat races&LCQ's is a marketing attempt to try& reconnect with their past and bring Saturday night short track fans back into the fold.
Guaranfuckingtee that if Kyle Larson hadn't done what he did last season &brought all the dirt track fans back who watched weekly to see him kick everyone's ass...this L.A.Colleseum deal wouldn't be happening.
There's a lot riding on this for Nascar.
I'll watch and hope it works simply because I love racing.
There's gonna be a lot of beating and banging going on which I have to believe Nascar wants...they're program isn't quite on life support but it desperately needs a shot in the arm to survive/thrive.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Anyone know what channel this will be aired on ?
ESPN ?

EDIT : Found it . . . FOX

Last edited:

DUN

Reaction score

This is the reason I'm going to wait and see how this one turns out. Very excited for it, regardless.

If this works, they can build an 80k seat short track in any major city they want for 1/10th of what it costs to build a permanent Cup-ready race track.

rrrr

Reaction score
This is the reason I'm going to wait and see how this one turns out. Very excited for it, regardless.

If this works, they can build an 80k seat short track in any major city they want for 1/10th of what it costs to build a permanent Cup-ready race track.
With the new 18" wheels, the teams can mount some 35" Toyos to use when the track starts to break up. By the time it's over, it'll look like a stadium truck race. Maybe they can put some jumps in the infield to spice things up a bit.

😁

DUN

Reaction score
With the new 18" wheels, the teams can mount some 35" Toyos to use when the track starts to break up. By the time it's over, it'll look like a stadium truck race. Maybe they can put some jumps in the infield to spice things up a bit.

😁

Hell, this might be NASCAR's endgame lmao

76sanger

Reaction score
42 cars on what, a 1/4 mile track? It will be lame! Bunched up fucking each other up the ass.

sirbob

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of cars in a small place - not to mention it getting real boring after the first 20 laps.

Hell how can you even know who’s leading after the first few laps?

It seems fun to watch for a min. I guess we could hope the track comes apart / that would be something else to see after the first hour.

DUN

Reaction score
They are doing heat races with a fraction of the field to qualify for like a 22 car feature... and it won't be 500 laps.

Similar to how "real" short track racing is done.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Gonna be interesting...
Present day Nascar is basically WWF while attempting to appeal to a new Woke audience.
They've pretty much jumped the shark as far as being a series devoted to real racing.
The whole 1/4 mile bullring deal with heat races&LCQ's is a marketing attempt to try& reconnect with their past and bring Saturday night short track fans back into the fold.
Guaranfuckingtee that if Kyle Larson hadn't done what he did last season &brought all the dirt track fans back who watched weekly to see him kick everyone's ass...this L.A.Colleseum deal wouldn't be happening.
There's a lot riding on this for Nascar.
I'll watch and hope it works simply because I love racing.
There's gonna be a lot of beating and banging going on which I have to believe Nascar wants...they're program isn't quite on life support but it desperately needs a shot in the arm to survive/thrive.

New car is gonna be bad ass, and they are doing more and more road races. NASCAR is like WWE, and F1 is like watching synchronized swimming.

rivergames

Reaction score
I was going to go, but I'll be dirtbike riding in Baja that weekend.

If anyone needs a place to stay, I'd either stay in downtown (2 miles away and probably a $20 Uber) or stay near LAX in El Segundo or Westchester off Century Blvd. (9 miles away and probably a $30 Uber)

The Coliseum is next USC, but that area is hood.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Hope you guys have a good time. Like a train wreck I’ll have to watch some of it on tv. 1/4 mile FLAT track with single pin corners, might get as fast as the 210 in the morning.
They should leave the set up and do sprint cars, mods and bikes next weekend. THAT would be a show!

Badchoices03

Reaction score
My company is taking some customers, I am a Nascar fan and would love to go....but the vaccine/mask/negative test requirement has me watching from TV instead...

Ascot71

Reaction score
To get an idea of what NASCAR is looking for in this event, check out a couple episodes of Madhouse. A little scripted for me, but it is about racing at Bowman Gray Stadium in NC. Pretty sure it was on History Channel. The show followed teams racing in the weekly Whelen Modified Series. Good ole fashion Saturday Night Racing!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
My company is taking some customers, I am a Nascar fan and would love to go....but the vaccine/mask/negative test requirement has me watching from TV instead...

No jab requirement and no mask requirement either. I have been to 2 games at SoFi in December and no issue. Didn't even need to take a rona test either..........

Badchoices03

Reaction score
No jab requirement and no mask requirement either. I have been to 2 games at SoFi in December and no issue. Didn't even need to take a rona test either..........

Their website and tickets say its required...and I had a bunch of coworkers go to the Rams vs 49'rs game and they all had to show proof of vax or a negative test...

RVRKID

Reaction score
My Dad took my son and sister to the Rams playoff game Monday and they had to show their cards and my sons negative test from that day.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Well if you have tickets. Better get your ass there now . It's going off tonight because of weather tomorrow.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Well if you have tickets. Better get your ass there now . It's going off tonight because of weather tomorrow.
Place is empty. I was just flipping channels and got lucky I guess and saw it was on now.
I wonder how much notice people who bought tickets for on the day change.