WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Counter top ice maker???

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
What's (if any) are good? The ice maker in my Samsung refer is total junk. the refer is good but ice is a PIA. The ice maker is in the refrigerator part not the freezer....big mistake on Samsung's part (and me for buyin it).

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
This thing is awesome
Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
This thing is awesome
Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

if I had the room that's the way I would go but I need counter top size

spark2678

Reaction score
This thing is awesome

I like it because you don't have to plumb a line in.

GreenEnergy28

Reaction score
What's (if any) are good? The ice maker in my Samsung refer is total junk. the refer is good but ice is a PIA. The ice maker is in the refrigerator part not the freezer....big mistake on Samsung's part (and me for buyin it).
Same. I hear there is some kind of class action lawsuit going on about these.

My dad was able to fix his doing what this guy does. Not sur I have the patience for this though...

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Same. I hear there is some kind of class action lawsuit going on about these.

My dad was able to fix his doing what this guy does. Not sur I have the patience for this though...

mine was/is so bad Samsung gave me a total refund for the refer plus the cost of the extended warranty AND they said to keep the refer!!!!!!

boatpi

Reaction score
The answer is countertop Icemakers are pretty much worthless.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This thing is awesome

@DLC is this the one you have?

Reactions: DLC

ltbaney1

Reaction score
we have the model before this one with no wifi, not sure why you need wifi for an ice maker either. i love it, my only gripe is it is about 1/4" to tall to slide under the upper cabinet.

Reaction score
Had the same issue. Samsung recently replaced the ice maker with an updated version. Tech also advised to use only OE cartridge filters. Theoretically, the non-OE filters leak just enough to introduce frost causing moisture. Been problem free for 18 months.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
We have a counter top one at home. I don't remember the brand, got it on Amazon. It is perfect for the wife and I. Our well water is shit so we use the water bottle to keep it going. It would not be good for any more, but it refills the ice basket pretty fast.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
mine was/is so bad Samsung gave me a total refund for the refer plus the cost of the extended warranty AND they said to keep the refer!!!!!!

Sounds like it turned into a block of ice 😁

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Yours too LOL POS mine made it a year , I bought 2 countertops , both only worked a while I'll follow this thread as well

RVRKID

Reaction score
Yours too LOL POS mine made it a year , I bought 2 countertops , both only worked a while I'll follow this thread as well
HAHA nothing but issues with that POS just dealt with it this morning and then see this thread. I've had a couple counter top ones as well but they have found the trash can. I even called customer support and they sent a guy out he spent an hour or so "fixing it" all for free which surprised me since this is an older model.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
This thing has kicked total ass makes perfect clear ice in minutes
IMG_2023-03-31-13-34-28-329.jpg
IMG_2023-03-31-13-33-57-104.jpg

DLC

Reaction score
How old is your fridge?

call Samsung and make a claim, they will send out a tech to fix / replace ice maker.

once this is done and all current updates have been made
you can file a claim - IF it didn’t fix / solve your problems and you can get a 100% refund on the fridge cost and you can keep your crappie fridge!

I am in the process of doing that right now!

mine was bought in 2019 and they gave us a free 5 year extended warranty - Hopefully a full refund here shortly

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
How old is your fridge?

call Samsung and make a claim, they will send out a tech to fix / replace ice maker.

you can file a claim - IF it didn’t fix / solve your problems and you can get a 100% refund on the fridge cost and you can keep your crappie fridge!

mine was bought in 2019 and they gave us a free 5 year extended warranty - Hopefully a full refund here shortly
I received a full refund as I posted above.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
How old is your fridge?

See post #6 ;):)

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
It needs a water line and filter and a drain line, I bought a drain line pump( depot ) to pump it up to my drain, other wise a gravity drain line ( like a floor sink ) would be ideal.

I have this unit in Havasu and your welcome to come over to look at it and its performance .

a filter assembly come with the ice maker, I already had a filter so I added the 2nd one that came with the unit so now I use a dual filter assembly

DLC

Reaction score
@Bobby V & @Gramps

sorry, I missed that part!

good thing you got a refund!

A residential under cab bar style ice maker might be the ticket for your ice issue. My 1st havasu Ice maker was just a small under cab deal, I bagged ice for extra
ice and it lasted 6 years. Mine was similar to this one.
94A596E6-E683-4D50-BD09-A7D92FC94860.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
I bought bags from smart and Final
64D53647-D12B-49C5-B6FB-27E71F58655F.jpeg

caldezrat

Reaction score
Can I suggest the GE Opal Ice Maker. It makes crunchy ice for those that like to eat ice. Sonic style. On the counter.
I believe the 2nd variant is the improved version. Sonic style crunchy ice is popular here in Ar-Kansas.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
One of my Bassets demands ice in her water bowl. In summer, my Fridge ice maker couldn't keep up with her bowl, and my ice tea (pretty much the only thing I drink)

We got this Newair countertop model. It fits under the upper cabinets and makes a full load in about an hour. It's not plumbed, so you have to top off the water as ice is removed. It's not refrigerated, so the ice will gradually melt, but it melts into the water supply "tank", so it keeps recycling itself.

ice.jpg