WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid vaccine personal info

4Waters

Reaction score
This thread is for first hand info on the vaccine and it's side effects, it is not for news articles or opinion so please keep them out.

If you have received the vaccine or a close family member has please post up their side effects.

•What vaccine
•Shot sight (how it looks/feels)
•What side effects you/they had and how bad they were
•What ever other info you/they feel pertinent
•Age/rough age (doesn't have to be exact)
•Edit your first post with info about your 2nd shot that way we don't have to go looking for a 2nd post

Some of us are thinking about getting it before any of our wives or kids have to get it and I think it would be good to get good info about it, RDP tells it how it is unlike the media.

Since a lot of inmates avoid the Dungeon I am asking the mods to leave this in the lounge.

Guys please don't turn this thread into a circus, some of us may be required to get a vaccine by our employer and this info will be beneficial.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Wife is an rn working with covid patients at the hospital. She got the pfizer shot. Both shots the arm was tender to the touch.

The first shot was really no big deal. No side effects at all.

The second shot put her down. She was fine the day of but the next day she had zero energy and slept all day. She was back at work on the third day but was still funky. No complaints some 5 days later.

4Waters

Reaction score
Wife is an rn working with covid patients at the hospital. She got the pfizer shot. Both shots the arm was tender to the touch.

The second shot put her down. She was fine the day of but the next day she had zero energy and slept all day. She was back at work on the third day but was still funky. No complaints some 5 days later.
This is perfect thanks

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
What vaccine ———--Modena 0.5 m

•Shot sight (how it looks/feels)——-Left arm below shoulder, looks/feels normal as any other vaccine

•What side effects you/they had and how bad they were—-a little sore no different than other vaccines

•What ever other info you/they feel pertinent ——this was voluntary offered by my employer, I asked the army medics that administered, if they received it, they said not until mandated

•Age/rough age (doesn't have to be exact) 45-55

•Edit your first post with info about your 2nd shot that way we don't have to go looking for a 2nd post ——-second shot in a month

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Wife is an ICU RN aged 26 and had Pfizer shot.

First round, arm became very sore about 8 hours after receiving it.

Second round, arm was fine but she felt like shit for about 24 hours. The first night she felt like she had a fever that broke around 3am.

If Looks Could Kill

Reaction score
Wife is an ICU RN aged 26 and had Pfizer shot.

First round, arm became very sore about 8 hours after receiving it.

Second round, arm was fine but she felt like shit for about 24 hours. The first night she felt like she had a fever that broke around 3am.

our Daughter age 24 RN @ san Antonio hospital in Upland
same shot and same side effects

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
our Daughter age 24 RN @ san Antonio hospital in Upland
same shot and same side effects

Yeah, side effects do definitely aren't fun but her sentiment was "if that is what it takes to get this shit back to normal I'm on board" her and her coworkers are getting the shit kicked out of them right now.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Had round 1 of the Moderna about two weeks ago.

Shot in arm in the morning and by dinner time it was pretty sore. Not able to sleep on it that nite.

May have had some body aches, but also could have been related to New Years festivities or activities.

Had chills for at least 2 days. No sweats, just chills.

Can’t wait for the second round, in “2 weeks”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K-DOG

Reaction score

My wife is also a RN. Same exact thing with her as stated above.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
In law got the first shot at the site in Huntington Beach, I belive it is now closed. She said her arm hurt no more than any other shot. She said she did not notice any side effect. She received the Moderna shot. The next day she just kind felt like hanging around the house, but she was not down. Second shot is scheduled. She is in her 70s.

X Hoser

Reaction score
I have witnessed the same as above in regards to Pfizer vs Moderna. Far less reactions to the Modern. I do know one guy that went down after the Pfizer shot and one that had no taste or smell a couple days after the shot and tested positive for COVID. Who knows, maybe he had it already before the shot? What bothers me the most about these shots are the releases of liability you have to sign before getting the shot. Never had to do that for other vaccinations I have got! Maybe the releases are only specific to the ones I know that are getting the vaccination, first responders. Any other experiences with these releases?

4Waters

Reaction score
I have witnessed the same as above in regards to Pfizer vs Moderna. Far less reactions to the Modern. I do know one guy that went down after the Pfizer shot and one that had no taste or smell a couple days after the shot and tested positive for COVID. Who knows, maybe he had it already before the shot? What bothers me the most about these shots are the releases of liability you have to sign before getting the shot. Never had to do that for other vaccinations I have got! Maybe the releases are only specific to the ones I know that are getting the vaccination, first responders. Any other experiences with these releases?
Wow did not know about the release of liability.

4Waters

Reaction score
It's a horse here on RDP that's been beaten, revived, beaten again, so on and so forth.

But your thread sir. 👍 😁
The other threads (plural) you have to go through mountains of shit to find out how people reacted to the vaccine, I'm hoping this one (singular) is 90% or better straight shot info so people can actually get a better picture from one vaccine to the next.

Right now it seems Moderna has less side effects than Pfizer.

Taboma

Reaction score
The other threads (plural) you have to go through mountains of shit to find out how people reacted to the vaccine, I'm hoping this one (singular) is 90% or better straight shot info so people can actually get a better picture from one vaccine to the next.

Right now it seems Moderna has less side effects than Pfizer.

I think this thread is a great idea, I'm 70+ haven't had it yet, plan to in the future and currently very interested in actual experience feedback without all the political bullshit.

arch stanton

Reaction score
Friend is a 58 year old female nurse and got the fpizer shot first one felt out of energy for 2 days and arm hurt and bruised

Second shot 7 days ago same as first had second shot in other arm because injection site still hurt and bruised second shot am still hurts as well as first one but both getting better

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Good info about the follow ups. Never knew the booster deal was withing weeks. I thought it would be 6 months or so. Also weird that responses are different between 1st and 2nd, as well as manufacturer.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
My wife is also an RN. She got round 1 of Pfizer on Friday.

Her arm has a silver dollar size red bump that is tender to the touch.

Other noticeable side affects is lack of blowjobs and sex. Oh wait that was the side affects of marriage.....

BingerFang

Reaction score
My GF is RN and received first Pfizer shot 12/18. No side effects besides very tender/sore arm. Received her second dose 1/8 and similar side effects but not as bad. She gets her shot at the hospital she works at.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Pfizer mild headache
Pfizer no side effects

After first dose, 176 vaccines with no reported side effects.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Wife got the Moderna. No side effects beyond her entire arm felt sore. Second shot in two weeks and I’ll give an update.

4Waters

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, this is good real info. Keep them coming.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Thought to add this to the thread. There were some allergic reactions to the Mondera vaccinations administered down in SD last week.
Bad lot or what???

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Pfizer mild headache
Pfizer no side effects

After first dose, 176 vaccines with no reported side effects.
WTF are you talking about? Once again, your posts make no sense.

Many of my co workers have received the first and second shots. Sore arms are standard for everyone. Second shot being more soreness than first. Some have had no symptoms other than the arm. One was laid out for a week after the second. Missed 2 days of work. Told me directly that he would have rather gotten the China flu. These vaccines are affecting people differently. At the start of the vaccinations, we were running anywhere from 2 to 10 calls A DAY at the vaccination drive throughs. The on site personnel have become better at treating immediate illnesses secondary to the vaccine on site, instead of activating 911. But, people are still having reactions on the spot from the vaccine. If you have a history of allergies to any medications, I’d consult your Dr first, for whatever good that would do. Get vaccinated at own risk, without any liability to the companies that created a vaccination in record time, with limited clinical trials, no studied long-term affects, for a virus that is truly mild to healthy adults and nearly ALL children.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Well got the moderna dec 21st and 2nd today and I’m still alive and working a 22hr shift. Arm was sore afternoon of on both. Day after vaccine headache fatigue and went to bed at 6:30pm. Heard the second is worse and some friends got their asses handed to them. I will edit this tomorrow with an update. Oh and I’m 37 a Virgo and like long walks on the beach.......

Husqy510

Reaction score
I got 1st Moderna shot on 12/28. I had flu like symptoms for 10hrs the next day, as well as a sore arm that lasted a couple days. My next shot is scheduled for this week. I had Covid a few months ago which may have contributed to the flu like symptoms.

Wife is a physician and got 1st Pfizer shot on 12/23 with no symptoms. She got the 2nd shot on 1/9 with minor flu like symptoms.

Glad to see a post that's focused on 1st hand experiences.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Forgot to add earlier. My wife got the Pfizer shot and participated in a study. She already had covid in July. They gave her the first shot and drew blood for antibodies. She was notified today she does already have covid antibodies present. So they are going to monitor her for side affects to see how the shot affects people who already had covid or currently are positive

4Waters

Reaction score
Forgot to add earlier. My wife got the Pfizer shot and participated in a study. She already had covid in July. They gave her the first shot and drew blood for antibodies. She was notified today she does already have covid antibodies present. So they are going to monitor her for side affects to see how the shot affects people who already had covid or currently are positive
Well that's good to know, it appears they want to know if they should give the vaccine if antibodies are present.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Got my Moderna on 12/30. Only a sore arm for a few days. Same with about 20+other staff. I’m 40. Other staff ages range between 25-50+

2nd on 1/27.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Forgot my brother in law got both his. He is a neuro radiologist at UCLA medical center so he got his at work. He had no adverse reaction. But to be fair, he doesn't really complain about anything. My sister got hers through work, shes a dentist, and she received Moderna, both shots. Her arm had a pretty good bump at the injection site for a few days after the first one. But other than the arm that looked like a bad I sect bite, she was fine. Both in their 40s.

Last edited:

stoker2001

Reaction score
they encourage us at Folsom prison on there time and dime,so what heck.Maderna 2 weeks ago,sore arm but that's all,will update soon with second shot coming

craiger88

Reaction score

My wife is a RN also and this was pretty much the same story, but my wife got the Moderna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
To all the guys with rn wives who have posted on here hope your all doing well. I know mine is burnt the hell out. I took Friday off and just spent time with her. She needed it. Do something nice for them they deserve it.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
5 hours post 1st moderna shot
Nothing

Many SWAT Cops got headaches from same batch

100% of Bomb Squad /90% of DTeam getting the vaccine

We went into specialized units and are expected to do everything for the mission:keep going no matter the costs

We knew what we signed up for

Best jobs we ever had

Oldest step daughter got it 3 weeks ago, Major bruising around site of injection, soreness for two days to arm.
29 years old

I’m 52

Edit:
After talking to Mrs. LR2, most reported headaches were asked about hydration. Many admitted they didn’t drink water much.
Load up on H20 prior to vaccine, won’t hurt that’s for sure.

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
To all the guys with rn wives who have posted on here hope your all doing well. I know mine is burnt the hell out. I took Friday off and just spent time with her. She needed it. Do something nice for them they deserve it.
100%
Mine runs all policies for all K clinics Kern to the border and still runs a testing site every Tuesday in LB
The whole occupation has PTSD , no doubt about it

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Well we were short staffed At the hospital yesterday so I volunteered to work a 20hr shift. I had my second moderna shot about 7am yesterday. By 9pm had a fever sweating then chills at midnight was very achy. I ended up getting home at 4am and was woken up at 8:30 or so and I woke up with a fever and could hardly move. I fell back asleep and woke back up at 1pm and still couldn’t move so I forced myself to get up. I’ve took DayQuil and had some ramen along with drinking Gatorade and I’m feeling a little better but this shot kicked my ass!

4Waters

Reaction score
Well we were short staffed At the hospital yesterday so I volunteered to work a 20hr shift. I had my second moderna shot about 7am yesterday. By 9pm had a fever sweating then chills at midnight was very achy. I ended up getting home at 4am and was woken up at 8:30 or so and I woke up with a fever and could hardly move. I fell back asleep and woke back up at 1pm and still couldn’t move so I forced myself to get up. I’ve took DayQuil and had some ramen along with drinking Gatorade and I’m feeling a little better but this shot kicked my ass!
I think you over did yourself after getting the shot, thank you for working that 20.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Was informed 1000 LAPD Cops got the shot yesterday,

0 side affects for me 23 hours in, injection site less sore than any flu vaccine I’ve had over the last 28 years.
Fwiw

Couple of fellow techs said their injection sites were pretty sore same 23 hours in.

Last edited:

RP1

Reaction score
I received pfizer shots. I had no side effects with the first shot, a little headache with the second - took a couple of advil, hit the gym, and investigated a homicide that day. I know of three others that received the second shot when I did, put them down for the count for a couple of days... they are all overweight so maybe that played a role.