WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Had the FLU (I think?) - holy <%#€!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Testing again tomorrow and hopefully testing negative.. I feel pretty much normal except I get tired really easily. That could be from sitting on my ass for seven days straight though.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Hope that the testing goes well for you Dave. I tested negative today. 👍 We are hoping that my wife will have a negitive test on the next round.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I tested today and the line was pretty faint but still there..

Now I got new problems though.. shit doesn’t taste right. Stacy made filet snd potatoes etc, and it smelled “weird” to me..

I put A1 on it snd it didn’t taste like A1..

I Just door dashed taco bell and it tasted like I was licking salt. 😳 Like it was inedible salty..

Was talking to the door dash guy who happened to be a friend of mine and he said that’s how it started for him. He hasn’t tasted anything in months..

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

Now I got new problems though.. shit doesn’t taste right. Stacy made filet snd potatoes etc, and it smelled “weird” to me..

I Just door dashed tack bell and it tasted like I was licking salt. 😳 Like it was inedible salty..

Was talking to the door dash guy who happened to be a friend of mine and he said that’s how it started for him. He hasn’t tasted anything in months..
I’m in the same boat with you my friend. Everything is saltier now. Can’t smell really strong smells like kids diaper and strong cooking smells.

Sweet abs savory taste are still there tho so that’s good, sour is gone

Ladsm

Reaction score
Everybody at work in 5 different states has either had it since new years or is home with the VID. I got it outta the way New Years with a light case.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
It didn't affect me but my wife on the other hand has had very little taste/smell since she got it in March of 2021. 😲
Had a co-worker get it back in Aug and he swore his old lady was putting extra salt on everything when she didn't even use any due to his diet.

hallett21

Reaction score

I Just door dashed taco bell and it tasted like I was licking salt. 😳 Like it was inedible salty..

I’ve heard like really spicy Thai or similar will get your taste back. At least that’s what worked for some friends

4Waters

Reaction score

A raw lemon brought mine and my daughter's taste back, eat the whole thing, the burnt orange worked for my wife.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
My high school buddy passed last Wednesday in the Las Vegas hospital. Seems he had been hospitalized for less than a week. Believe he had severe blood clotting issues in the hospital. He had been badly wounded in Vietnam. Shrapnel remained in one or both of his legs. I’m not going to preach for or against vaxing. But, I’ve read it is best to check with your doctor prior to vaxing. Particularly if you feel your blood circulation may be compromised.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I'm still noticing weird smells from time to time.

calkid

Reaction score
I never lost my taste or smell but did have a period of "hyper" taste and smell. Everything just smelled and tasted different. Appears to be a common thing with Covid.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I haven't been able to taste much for a week and I'm full at about half of what I ate before. For me, this is a blessing. Thank you Corona! Both wife and son lack the sense of taste as well for the same time.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

It took my wife over a year to get her taste / smell back to normal. In fact, there are a few things that she never got back.
My friend Brandon got it back when we got it, he's a plumber. To this day, he still cannot smell a natural gas leak - which is a huge problem cause hes a plumber. Wierd shit

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I haven’t lost my taste or smell, it is just awful..

I walked out into the front yard today and it smelled like “death” like dead rats everywhere..

Stacy made some egg things earlier and to me the house smelled like this god awful farm smell.

Had a French fry from in n out and almost puked.. the burger tasted awful but I choked most of it down.

This sux

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

I walked out into the front yard today and it smelled like “death” like dead rats everywhere..

Stacy made some egg things earlier and to me the house smelled like this god awful farm smell.

Had a French fry from in n out and almost puked.. the burger tasted awful but I choked most of it down.

This sux

I knew there was an issue when my 8 year old thought chicken nuggets tasted disgusting....lol

Houston - we have Covid!

Captain Dan

Reaction score

This sux
This is exactly what is happening to me (post Covid). Some things just smell/taste like trash. I can taste sweet, spicy, and bitter, but I get the same trashy smell/taste from meat, eggs, toothpaste, coffee, flatulence, feces. I first noticed with my toothpaste. Check out this article . Sounds exactly what I'm going through. I had Covid in September, and this issue has just come about in the last couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Mondorally

Reaction score
FYI - Blood donations through the Red Cross get an automatic Covid antibodies screening.

Apologies everyone - looks like they stopped testing all the donations. I had a few last year that gave the results, but when they didn’t post details on my latest I went digging.

Still a good idea if you can - who knows when you or someone you love might be down a quart or two…

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score

This sux

Maybe the VID disrupted the matrix and you are tasting/smelling for real? Test out a CL yet?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Just when I thought I was feeling better the congestion is back big time today. Uggg I’m so over this

4Waters

Reaction score
This is exactly what is happening to me (post Covid). Some things just smell/taste like trash. I can taste sweet, spicy, and bitter, but I get the same trashy smell/taste from meat, eggs, toothpaste, coffee, flatulence, feces. I first noticed with my toothpaste. Check out this article . Sounds exactly what I'm going through. I had Covid in September, and this issue has just come about in the last couple of weeks.

I want to know why this virus was engineered to affect the olfactory nerve

Englewood

Reaction score
I got VERY sick in late 2019. KungFlu was “not here” yet 🙄. They couldn’t determine anything other than an “unknown viral infection”. Anyhow, it’s been 2+ years and food I loved taste way different now. To this day, when I eat something, I can taste the first few bites and that’s it.

Ive always loved nuggets from Mc D’s. Taste like sewer now.

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
So a week into this....sore throat at night, no energy...now some rash, hives, blotchy welts are popping up? WTF is the rash...anyone heard or seen this?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
So a week into this....sore throat at night, no energy...now some rash, hives, blotchy welts are popping up? WTF is the rash...anyone heard or seen this?

I got the hives and rash and blotchy dry skin patches but mostly in my face. A little on my hands and rib cage. Still have it pop up periodically since I caught the virus. It’s no match for even the best of lotions. Now on a steady diet of ZerTac.

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
I got the hives and rash and blotchy dry skin patches but mostly in my face. A little on my hands and rib cage. Still have it pop up periodically since I caught the virus. It’s no match for even the best of lotions. Now on a steady diet of ZerTac.
Thank you

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Update.
Daughter and son-in-law appear to have turned the page and are doing really well as of yesterday. They are still a little lathargic but other than that feeling really good.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Well if there is something that works I would like to know. I’m like Dave everything has this shitty smell. My state isn’t terrible but food has a weird smell. I put that renewables diesel in my truck and Holy Shit it smells the same or worse.

Ladsm

Reaction score
My dad got that last year when the Virus first hit the US. THey treated it as Shingles.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Had it again early last week, tested (throat swab this time) positive Wednesday morning. All I experience is a 12 hour or so fever and the chills. My snotty nose (allergies) that I've had for months got marginally worse. Nothing more to report.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not lose taste or smell with the VID but have over the years with other colds/flus. The spicy Thai method always worked for me, usually about 3-4 days after I started feeling better. As for lemons I've never tried them when my taste was gone but, if you can get your hands on a Meyer lemon I think they're great.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

Only other person I’ve heard say that. I got the jab and after a couple days I was eating dinner and spit it back in the plate. I was like wtf did spill the shaker on the food? Garlic also and a few random tastes. Seems to be mostly normal now. ( (A Couple few months)