WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Had the FLU (I think?) - holy <%#€!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I’m 4 days into this sickness, still neg.

I’m hot/cold

Nose congested
Headache
Nauseas
Achy

Want it to go away

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
The daughter and son in law have been sick for a few days now and just got the results from their test. It’s positive. They seem to be weathering through it pretty well, hopefully it doesn’t turn ugly.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Back when my symptoms started (it was bad) I didn't test positive until the third day then was positive for 12 more days without any symptoms. Crazy shit

Reactions: BTR

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So apparently the man cold… wasn’t just a man cold. Our whole family is testing +..

I don’t feel sick at all. Stacy seems to be over it, Daniel and Summer seem fine, but Sierra is really sick..

She’s the only that developed a cough and it is terrible sounding.

image.jpg

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I’ll contribute with 2 weird first-hand contrasting stories - second one is alarming

1. Neighbor with post cancer pain goes to Mayo in Scottsdale on direction of her Dr. She sits in the ER in pain for 7 hours. With no chance of a bed in sight she calls us at 11 pm to come get her. She’s at home on pain meds and has been waiting 5 days for an appointment - cancer has returned.

2. A good friend with chronic gut pain, otherwise feeling fine, is told by his Dr to go to Mayo for a Cat scan. Upon entry to Mayo they did a covid test. He tested positive desite no symptoms and they rushed him into an isolated hospital room to wait for his Cat scan. They told him he can’t leave the room and there was an alarm on the door that would go off if he tried to leave. He said the whole place was a cluster fuck. 3 DAYS later in isolation they gave him his cat scan. Afterwards he said I’m not going back in the room I’m leaving and walked out.

Now that he is home they have been calling attempting to get contact tracing info from him
My wife works at the Phoenix campus in the outpatient recovery unit (she gave the 🖕 to the ICU about a year ago) and they shut down her unit last week to turn it into an ER overflow. They were overran, they are not a trauma hospital and have a very small ER in comparison to the rest of the hospital.

For the isolation, in general patients at Mayo are some of the sickest people in the world by nature of them being one of the best hospitals in the world. Makes perfect sense to me to isolate someone who tests positive. 3 days to get a scan is brutal, though.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
So apparently the man cold… wasn’t just a man cold. Our whole family is testing +..

I don’t feel sick at all. Stacy seems to be over it, Daniel and Summer seem fine, but Sierra is really sick..

View attachment 1081662
At least you got it under your belts and don't have to worry about "what ifs". Hope Sierra gets over it quick.
Sorry to hear it affected Stacie's moms funeral plans., hope you all feel 100% soon.

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
Glad to
Friday night I was drinking with friends per usual.. Saturday pretty early I woke up not feeling “right”. By mid morning I was feeling pretty rough.. couldn’t tell ya a lot about it other than I was having fevers off and on pretty much all day.

The kinda fevers where you are soaking through pajamas, sheets, and even the blanket is kinda wet.

Kept changing shirts and pj’s and even sheets but now the aches set in.. I am gonna tell you that isn’t even the right word. My bones (all of them) hurt. My joints, all of them, hurt.. Some of my muscles hurt.. but my legs / hips? Was enough to make your eyes water.

Next day I had the IV people come and drop the bags and the vitamins and the Meyers cocktail and the vitamin shots in the ass on top of it.

There is always some relief when you get in IV if nothing else just from hydration.

If that is what the flu is like in modern times I can absolutely see people dying from it..

At one point I don’t know if I was awake, asleep, or hallucinating but I swear I thought I was in a concert and the music was so loud all I wanted was for it to stop..

The irony being it’s some random band (genesis) and some random song that I never much cared for.. I had to actually look it up on google to find out what it was.

If I never hear that again it will be to soon.

I’m feeling better today.. got out of bed and went to the living room and I told Stacy “something smells bad in here.” Turned out it was me. 😳. This last round I think I finally sweated this virus out of me and into pj / t shirt pair number six or seven..

Anyhow this is a PSA to tell you there is some nasty shit going around and trust me when I tell you, you don’t f’ing want it. I was so weak for
Most of this I couldn’t lift a rv remote let alone a phone. My eyeballs hurt so bad I couldn’t read or watch tv etc.. awful.

IV nurses said it’s ripping through town like wildfire, right along side of covid.

I guess if I was gonna catch one or the other I’m glad I caught this.. I honestly couldn’t imagine covid being any worse though.. albeit I’m not sure I’d be over it in three or four days.

RD

Glad to hear your on the mend!

Just got over what you described to a "T" but I was +.....Nasty Thing

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score

Sorry this has happened. I Knew you would test positive

Mrs. Shiver River

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Quest Diagnostics off Pico can do it.
You can also sign up for an antibody test through labcorp.com. Pay for it online, check in with phone, they'll text you when they're ready for you. We got our results back within 24 hours. It shows you how much, in a number, of antibodies you have. Less than 8-no antibodies. More than 7 - anitibodies. Mine have been and continue (we've been testing every couple of months) to be >2500. That's a big number past 7...

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
@RiverDave glad to hear you and the fam are on the mend... also safe to report we weren't the contributors and it looks like you didn't share it with my wife and I on Friday. Hang in there.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
My son was the only one to get the nasty cough. It was by far the worst sounding cough I’ve ever heard.

What was strange was that his cough disappeared as fast as it came. One night he went to bed coughing horribly and woke up without it.

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
What was strange was that his cough disappeared as fast as it came. One night he went to bed coughing horribly and woke up without it.

This variant is wicked, seems they are trying to fine tune it (tin foil hat on)
For me, my fever was off/on for 10 days..I had the dry cough for several days at the beginning, magically went away for a few days, then came back. I'm 20+ days into it, not as bad -mostly bothersome.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
It went through our house right after New Years. I am vaxxed but my wife and daughters are not. My wife had a headache and low energy for a few days. One daughter had a headache and fever for a few days, and one daughter had zero symptoms. I had a runny nose and was tired for one day, no headache no fever. We all tested positive and were negative a week later.

This didn't hit any of us very hard, and it seems like everyone I know who hasn't had covid before is getting it this round. Hopefully it will help with the herd immunity and we can start get past this and move on.

gqchris

Reaction score
I think Dave got on Ivermectin right away which I am sure was a reason for that to go so quickly away.

Nordie

Reaction score
Get well soon RD family...if you're going to catch it I think this latest strain is the one you want to catch.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Geez! After reading that first post I had a feeling it was the rona...Get well soon RD Fam and enjoy your Natural Immunity!!

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I have always thought…it’s never going away, we are all going to get it at some point.

That was my thinking as well. I'm a bit surprised that my household didn't get it sooner. We went almost 2 years without getting it. I will say that based on our experience and the experiences of our friends who also got it recently, this seems to be the time to get it if you are going to because the symptoms seem to be pretty mild.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So we are kinda up and down with this thing.. I felt it was over for me yesterday or the day before.

Last night I was tired and went to bed at 8:00.. I woke up just past noon.

My sinuses sometimes are fine and sometimes running non stop. Sometimes feel fine, sometimes I have terrible headaches and that flu skin type feeling.

Kids are breezing through it, with the exception of Sierra’s cough.

Stacy is up and down as well.

Even when ya think you are over it, you aren’t over it.

RD

Done-it-again

Reaction score
The brain fog sucks, the weight loss on the other hand not a horrible side affect..,.

Day 7
I must had a different virus. Didn’t eat for a couple of days due to the sore throat but made up for it before and after. 🤦‍♂️

Staying home sucks!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I must had a different virus. Didn’t eat for a couple of days due to the sore throat but made up for it before and after. 🤦‍♂️

Staying home sucks!

I am down five lbs…. Not terrible. But I’m not over it yet.

Reactions: DWC

Lumpy

Reaction score
So we are kinda up and down with this thing.. I felt it was over for me yesterday or the day before.

My sinuses sometimes are fine and sometimes running non stop. Sometimes feel fine, sometimes I have terrible headaches and that flu skin type feeling.

RD
Generally a 10-14 day ordeal for the first timers unvaxxed. Most likely you're more than half way through it. Hang in there and keep
doing what your doing.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

RD
Same exact thing for me. On Tuesday I felt good like it was behind me. Well today my cough is back and stuffed up again.

My son is 100% back to normal. Wife is like 2 days ahead of me.

The worst part is not being able to sleep for me. I was up till 4 am last night wide awake not tired at all.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Daughter and son in law are having a relatively easy time with it. Body aches and no energy. Fever came and went for a couple of days but not to much of an issue with breathing or sore throat. Talked to Leah (my daughter) this morning and she said that she was feeling pretty good other than the cough is haunting her and that her husband is feeling OK except for the lack of energy.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Day 10 with the same shit Dave posted, came back positive influenza A. Doc gave me antibiotic pills and clear pills for cough today. Been in bed at least 15 hours a day since this crap started.
I took 50 ivermectin pills thinking it was covid, didn't help me a bit. I haven't been sick in many many years...

See how things are tomorrow.

calkid

Reaction score
I was released from the hospital on Monday night after 3 weeks of fighting covid/pneumonia. I was almost put on a ventilator but was maintained at 90 liters per minute on the hi flow machine. Even at home now I'm still 4 liters per minute of 02 but happy to be here. That shit is no joke!

4Waters

Reaction score
I was released from the hospital on Monday night after 3 weeks of fighting covid/pneumonia. I was almost put on a ventilator but was maintained at 90 liters per minute on the hi flow machine. Even at home now I'm still 4 liters per minute of 02 but happy to be here. That shit is no joke!
Glad you're home

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Wow.. glad your home!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Same exact thing for me. On Tuesday I felt good like it was behind me. Well today my cough is back and stuffed up again.

My son is 100% back to normal. Wife is like 2 days ahead of me.

The worst part is not being able to sleep for me. I was up till 4 am last night wide awake not tired at all.

Seems that is all I am doing am sleeping.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Head in a fog is accurate. My family has all lost the sense of taste to some degree. Weight loss is not a horrible situation for me. A slight cough only when exerting extensive energy for us as well. Symptoms are basically not a big deal for our household. Due to the head in a fog, I'm trying not to make big financial decisions.

I hope all those that have it get well.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
It’s been a little over a year since our house had it. I’m not looking forward to going through it again. Seems like the probability of getting it again are pretty high. 😬

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
It’s been a little over a year since our house had it. I’m not looking forward to going through it again. Seems like the probability of getting it again are pretty high. 😬

Thankfully recently released CDC data out of California during the Delta Wave indicates a much less risk of hospitalization for people who have already had it. I would assume that a less risk of hospitalization would also carry down to more mild cases even for people who were never at risk of hospitalization. Fingers crossed this trend continues.

1642781573868.png

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Update on kids.
Daughter is doing pretty well but son in law had another rough night with fever and some difficulty breathing. He seems to be a bit better today but not out of woods yet.

Reactions: DWC

EmpirE231

Reaction score
We're wrapping up round 2...... wife had one rough day (couch day) with headaches, fevers and body aches. Kids and I had sore throats, light cough and low grade fever for a few days... there is a lingering light cough... and some random headaches.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did you try any of the Mexican meds?

Yes been on ivermectin since day 1.

The aches and pains sucked in the beginning, but even with that it isn’t anything I would goto the hospital for.

I haven’t developed any cough or breathing issues since the onset. My daughter had a wicked cough but it’s getting better.

Stacy is also fine as well as my youngest and my son.

I’m going to start putting together garage cabinets now.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I don't know if I just had a mild case or the Omicron or what, but the wife and I both had it pretty rough for about 12 hours then tiredness and sore for about 4 days after and I had a lingering cough for about 2 or 3 weeks after, bit I usually do after any respiratory type illness.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
After 2 days of antibiotics from the Dr. Finally feeling much better. That flu lasted 2 full weeks.