WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu machine shop

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Any recommendation for a shop in Havasu that can do a power hone with a torque plate?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
check with S.A.M machining. Mike 928-733-8073. He has been doing all my work recently.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
JD Machine #(928) 855-1411

Mike sold the business but I have heard that the new owners are doing well. I have not taken anything in to the new owners yet..........

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
JD Machine #(928) 855-1411

Mike sold the business but I have heard that the new owners are doing well. I have not taken anything in to the new owners yet..........
JD is who sent me to SAM when they couldn't even do a valve job for me.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Unfortunately JD machine is all but gone

Try Dave at the Carquest....yes car quest has a machine shop in the back
I've been to their machine shop and while it's fine for normal everyday driver type engine, they lack the equipment to do a real precession honing job. I actually have much of the same equipment that they have.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Unfortunately JD machine is all but gone

Try Dave at the Carquest....yes car quest has a machine shop in the back

Have taken more than one set of heads to him, as well as had him do some jet ski bore work, as well as a flywheel. Super nice guy and fair.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
exactly!!! he does custom a/c and pwr steering lines as well
Dave does fine work and has indeed helped me out adapting lines for custom lines and such. If I were rebuilding a stock engine for a pick up our street driven vehicle I would have no problem taking that kind of job to him but this isn't that kind of engine. What I'm looking for is someone with a CK10 Sunnen (or equivilent) to do a precession hone job with a torque plate.

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
Dave does fine work and has indeed helped me out adapting lines for custom lines and such. If I were rebuilding a stock engine for a pick up our street driven vehicle I would have no problem taking that kind of job to him but this isn't that kind of engine. What I'm looking for is someone with a CK10 Sunnen (or equivilent) to do a precession hone job with a torque plate.
go to Facebook group "Mohave County Drag Racing Association" and post your question.................https://www.facebook.com/groups/609676789232701

PRIMO

Reaction score
Todd's Performance / Usually where everyone Ends up in Havasu if you want a shop that gets after it ........😎

She's Mine

Reaction score
I've had work done at Todd's Performance before and it was good but recently the quality isn't living up to the reputation. Had a hone and re-ring end up with 40% leak down. There are many shops you can choose from GT Performance, Teague Custom Marine, Bostic, etc. Maybe driving a little further would save you time and money in the future.

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
Teague will do any motor work, or at least they used too. Not just dcbs and extreme shit.
Just be prepared to have it done correctly. I can’t remember off hand of the machine work cost. but it wasn’t crazy expensive, but they need your pistons also.

NicPaus

Reaction score
This thread is 2 years old... But I have not seen @SummitKarl posting for a while. Hopefully he is just busy drawing up plans and enjoying life.

JFMFG

Reaction score
I've had work done at Todd's Performance before and it was good but recently the quality isn't living up to the reputation. Had a hone and re-ring end up with 40% leak down. There are many shops you can choose from GT Performance, Teague Custom Marine, Bostic, etc. Maybe driving a little further would save you time and money in the future.
Don’t say that 😂😂 Todd’s just did my stuff lol. Don’t send those vibes my way lol