WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HEY-LAM, wife bought me a mobile home....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
gift horse ...needs work.....LOL

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
313096f3fab2f716cf5c84a8e439fe1a-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

64' deep boat/ storage..

1db4ac586768c5b1ba9d9bbbd98bbe1b-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

the good, the bad, and the ugly... looks like mostly bad and ugly....I'll make a diamond out of it though

probley new cabinets and a soffet above to get rid of the dust trap...

d43c2e22881de552c3dca7d95a4e9a69-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

and a whole new bathroom...they pretty cheep to do if done yourself.. I was gonna get rid of the tub...but, might wanna leave it as it's only one bath place.. I was thinking just a walkin shower????

06e20960f89b00ed02fcc5fe48537101-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

good lake/junk view from the rear..

67c0d1d065d0a2db51638300d7ea96da-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

anyway.... looks like I will be busy...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
here's what I liked about the place, you don't have to pay for a bunch of stuff that your gonna rip out any way,.. no floors, cabinetts are just and such...cheepest mobile in havasu is 250k right now... and you better love it as is,.. if you start remodeling and ripping floors out you just paid double..

dspracing

Reaction score
Looks like it has a ton of potential, just needs that 2FF touch. Can’t wait to see what you do to it.

Havent seen any updates on the other mobile or did I just miss them?

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Good excuse to buy that tractor you want and tow that thing off that property. Start from scratch build a perfect Casita for your Motorhome,Cars,Boat,
RZR.Everything inside,Plus 1st class Condo / Toy box.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Good excuse to buy that tractor you want and tow that thing off that property. Start from scratch build a perfect Casita for your Motorhome,Cars,Boat,
RZR.Everything inside,Plus 1st class Condo / Toy box.

This is a good point...

I've seen some new manufactured homes lately that were over the top bad azz!

No clue what they cost though. I'm told still much cheaper than building a stick house.

Also heard they have em on display at the OC Fair Grounds. Can anybody confirm this?

Nice find Steve. Should be a fun project!

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Those sellers sure seemed motivated. Looks like you got a great deal.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
City getting ready to cut back permitting new storage it seems. Storage already at a premium. Combining affordable Living & storage property could be future. All the 500k + homes have the A/C Garage. Affordable with all the storage,everyone needs that.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Didn't you refurb another one that looked similar earlier in the year?
Looks like a nice place once it gets the Steve treatment.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
One bedroom is now missing a door, the other is now missing a closet.

It contains 0 bedroom and 1 bathroom.​

How does a closet go missing?
And you sleep in the bathroom? lol
When's the house warming party?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
One bedroom is now missing a door, the other is now missing a closet.

It contains 0 bedroom and 1 bathroom.​

How does a closet go missing?
And you sleep in the bathroom? lol
When's the house warming party?
it's 2 br 1 bath,... but to mls list it has to have a door.... the opening is there they just took out the jamb.... same with the closest door.... missing... this is what I liked.... gonna take out all the doors and jambs anyway,... might as well get the discount...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
1 mo. up date... got the mobile releveled... replaced and added floor joists,.. built new drop ceiling in kitchen, buillt two new closets in the front bed room... installed all new cabinets, kitchen, pantry, and new double sink vanity in bath,.. removed tub and put in a shower pan,..new kitchen lighting..re framed all the doors to fit new standard size doors..

HCP3

Reaction score
What are you listing it for?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
This is a good point...

I've seen some new manufactured homes lately that were over the top bad azz!

No clue what they cost though. I'm told still much cheaper than building a stick house.

Also heard they have em on display at the OC Fair Grounds. Can anybody confirm this?

Nice find Steve. Should be a fun project!
They range quite a bit. You can get a single wide delivered and set for as little as about $90k. Or go up 2 story triple wides pushing $400k.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
it's about a 2 year wait for new..
Depends. I have a friend here in town that just put his money down on 1 in October and they are expecting it around June. I expect them to be delayed from that, but I can't imagine an additional 18 months.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Depends. I have a friend here in town that just put his money down on 1 in October and they are expecting it around June. I expect them to be delayed from that, but I can't imagine an additional 18 months.
when i went there it was about 18 mo wait list before they start my build then 6 mo to build.... then another 2 mo. for delivery and set up..but what they said was about 6mo to build,... so I asked... when will they srat the build,,,, thats when they said they were 18mo. behind.. they might have started to catch up...????
anyway, they sure are cheesy built,... bottom line materials and cheepest cabinet finish... I only looked at bullhead and kingman though..

my cabinets have good wood doors and boxes,

IMG_0051[6299].jpg
IMG_0052[6301].jpg
IMG_0053[6300].jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score
What insurance company do you use for your mobiles ? Mine cancelled and new prices are crazy .

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
the island has another 36'' of cabinets,, had tp wait for the trash bin cabinet next to the sink base.. but its in now.. stutler cab. out of kingmen is doing the counter tops,,,, the island will have a 4 seat bar

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
when i went there it was about 18 mo wait list before they start my build then 6 mo to build.... then another 2 mo. for delivery and set up..but what they said was about 6mo to build,... so I asked... when will they srat the build,,,, thats when they said they were 18mo. behind.. they might have started to catch up...????
anyway, they sure are cheesy built,... bottom line materials and cheepest cabinet finish... I only looked at bullhead and kingman though..

my cabinets have good wood doors and boxes,
Which brands did you look at? I'm just curious cause I'd like to let my buddy know to check in, just in case.

They most definitely offer different levels of build quality. I've toured a few that rival, if not exceed the build quality of many stick built houses (specially in AZ where there is no code to require a 2x6 exterior walls or what not).

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Which brands did you look at? I'm just curious cause I'd like to let my buddy know to check in, just in case.

They most definitely offer different levels of build quality. I've toured a few that rival, if not exceed the build quality of many stick built houses (specially in AZ where there is no code to require a 2x6 exterior walls or what not).
clayton, can't remember the other...

the things with mobiles.... things you can't see, are the lack ,of normal build,... like no door jambs,,, just paneling... no headers or trimmers... just 1 king stud....1 x4 top and bottom plates, thats why the doors are so noisy.... and the walls rattle..every thing is stapled together and the keep going weather the hit the studs or not.. and build 2x2 trusses instead of 2x4's

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
clayton, can't remember the other...

the things with mobiles.... things you can't see, are the lack ,of normal build,... like no door jambs,,, just paneling... no headers or trimmers... just 1 king stud....1 x4 top and bottom plates, thats why the doors are so noisy.... and the walls rattle..every thing is stapled together and the keep going weather the hit the studs or not.. and build 2x2 trusses instead of 2x4's
Sounds like you are looking at the cheaper built ones. Like the board and baton style walls and such. If one is to step it up in quality, to drywall construction, the walls are 16" on center traditionally framed walls with 24" O.C. ceiling framing. I'm not too sure how exactly the rock is attached to the studs though. In this level, the home uses standard doors and windows and such.

I have been very close to pulling the trigger on one several times over the past 6 years or so and toured and researched them fairly extensively.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Sounds like you are looking at the cheaper built ones. Like the board and baton style walls and such. If one is to step it up in quality, to drywall construction, the walls are 16" on center traditionally framed walls with 24" O.C. ceiling framing. I'm not too sure how exactly the rock is attached to the studs though. In this level, the home uses standard doors and windows and such.

I have been very close to pulling the trigger on one several times over the past 6 years or so and toured and researched them fairly extensively.
The issue isn't stick built on site vs mobile... it's placement...2x4's cost the same cabinet's cost the same... the only way you would want to buy a built the same manufactured home is the home site.... like too far a way to make it work with contractors... or... the reason mobiles are cheeper is because they "ARE CHEEPER BUILT" if you took the same stack of materials... built one home on a slab...... and one a trailer, then had to move it and set it up... the slab built would be cheeper and better constructed... keep in mind slab built homes have single built trusses with interior footing abd bearing wall.. trailers have 2 peice trusses, no exterior or interior footings set on dirt and on jack stands that need to be adjusted every 3-5 years,,,, most drywalled mobiles have drywall cracks...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

this one i'm working on has all 16 oc framing, 2x4 exterior walls and 2x3 interior.... it also has out riggers from the frame to exterior walls

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
this one i'm working on has all 16 oc framing, 2x4 exterior walls and 2x3 interior.... it also has out riggers from the frame to exterior walls
Yeah, the one you bought is older and built more like a RV versus a house. The modern drywall finished units have 2x6 exterior framing with 2x4 walls, various ceiling heights, etc. The older ones door hinges arent even recessed into the frames either.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
How much? Lol
I put 10k in the front yard so far.....removed the palm, and bushes, removed the concrete and put pavers had the yard leveled and put colored rock...not sure what we are gonna do,... wife wants to sell the nelson house, (owner carry) and just keep the mobile.... I want to get rid of it all..this will be the last construction job I will ever do before I die...might sell this place, owner carry, or rent it out... I've been going back and forth to havasu from vegas for 50 yrs... I hate the drive, 200 mile seems like for ever... I have a new (was new) pontoon.... used it once last year... pretty sure I'm lake blind. as lake view means nothing to me any more...

this place has a 40x 12, or so garage on one side with car port that will fit a suburban. and 63x 12 boat storage on the other....it'll be a nice place when done, and cheep to own... it's on septic so cheep water and sewer bills, and cheep taxes...