WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I don’t know how I feel at the moment because I sold my boat today.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I know I should be rejoicing, but I am not sure how I feel.

One side of me is sad to see her go…….

The other side is blown away that I sold the boat for $45,000 MORE……… Then I paid for it NEW, 4 years ago.

They say the 2 best days of a boat owners life is the day he buys it, and the day he sells it. I actually don’t agree with this statement. I have sold many toys, not because I didn’t like them anymore, it was more like, I just knew it was time to move on.

I must admit……. Since I just realized this. I cannot wait for the Miami boat show in 2 weeks. If ever there is going to be a boat buying discount….. it’s at a boat show.

The only possible problem is this……. I’ve already started a discussion with a boat builder to inquire about a “one off” build. We are only talking at this point. The negative here is that in that discussion, they have informed me that it would be 10 to 12 months before it would be delivered. I will most likely start a thread on that possibility.

Right now…… I am getting my boat ready for the transporters to ship it off to the new owner. That should all take place within the next week.

beerrun

Reaction score
Hey John we just went to the RV show in Quartzsite and the 500k+ RVs were flying off the shelf an 09 entry level pusher 200k sold in 2hrs we found a 15 discovery we like but they would not deal not one dollar they didn't have to there was another couple waiting to buy it the minute we walked. My point is I hope boats are not as hot as RVs right now good luck. We may be down for a couple days end of April

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Hey John we just went to the RV show in Quartzsite and the 500k+ RVs were flying off the shelf an 09 entry level pusher 200k sold in 2hrs we found a 15 discovery we like but they would not deal not one dollar they didn't have to there was another couple waiting to buy it the minute we walked. My point is I hope boats are not as hot as RVs right now good luck. We may be down for a couple days end of April
I hear you…..

Even though I am happy a made a couple of bucks off my boat. The reality is, boats are at an all time high in price. That profit will just be passed along to whoever I buy a boat from. It’s all just ridiculous right now. However, I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

Here is an example of how the world has turned upside down in the boating market…….. My boat went up in value, an average of $1125 per month, for the forty months I owned my boat. Why rent my dock for $800 per month, when you can park your own boat in the space and earn $1125 per month. It’s insane. That Is the current boat math! Life is good! Lol

ChrisV

Reaction score
Did you sell your dock also?

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Pics of said sold boat please!

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Pics of said sold boat please!
1B507122-BD17-44B2-A18F-4208293253EC.jpeg

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
I sold mine for $5M more than I paid for it after 7 years of use. My dealer said “ don’t do it - it’s going to be impossible to replace it for less than double “. Unfortunately, so far, he’s spot on! I really can’t believe it, but it’s definitely happening

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Your statement, any profit you made from the sale of your boat will go straight to the seller of your next boat, is spot on. Good to hear you held on to your dock. Boats can be built/created, property can not. Time may likely come when you own your 'last' boat. Not because of your age, but because that will be a boat you and your wife like like, it fits and just makes the most sense. And that's not a bad thing.

Last edited:

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Enjoy the search. I've owned 2 boats several times as I wanted a new one and hadnt yet sold my old one

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m in the same spot.. I sold my toon but I’m sorry to see it go.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Glad you decided to keep the dock. Hell, even if you just threw a Bayliner down there for cruising the waterway, it'd be fun. When the right boat comes up, you still have a place to put it;)

(And I'm in no way dogging Bayliners. Some of my best times on the river were in one with the powerhouse 4.3!)

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I was once told Bayliner had the most knowledgeable and experienced engineering/design staff in the industry. I was never a big fan, but that may have been true.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I was once told Bayliner had the most knowledgeable and experienced engineering/design staff in the industry. I was never a big fan, but that may have true.
I think of them like a Toyota Camry. Not the sporty ride, but great for a family, all purpose and seem to keep running😃

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
That’s a cool boat. So what would that style be? A mini trawler ? Def don’t see to many here in SoCal.
It is basically a Downeast or Lobster Boat. These are highly sought after in the upper northeast. They are extremely popular there. Mine is actually a lot more custom than it looks. It’s made of composite. Has bow thruster. A custom Longtop. Windlass. Full electric fresh water head, and a myriad of other features, such as shore power, automated trim tabs, upgraded motor, the list goes on and on, It gets 4mpg because it is super light with a very efficient bottom. The canvas enclosure makes it into a pretty decent overnighter. I will miss her.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
HELL YEAH…… I love buying and selling boats! Damn near enjoy the chase more than I do the boating with them. 😂