WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I need a drywall taper in havasu....

sintax

Reaction score
Tagged

I’d like someone to redo a few shitty joints in our ceiling out there also.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
mostly pan and knife work... tape is on, first coat on metal

Brian

Reaction score
Palmer drywall. He's a Havasu resident. 928-889-7285 He's young and hungry for work.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
where i'm at... pinched nerve in my neck,... carpel tunnel in both wrists,... bad shoulders.... holding a pan of mud and skimming walls with a 12'' knife is killing me...@ 68, there's a fork in me....I'm done...

Fork-In-Head.jpg

LuauLounge

Reaction score
where i'm at... pinched nerve in my neck,... carpel tunnel in both wrists,... bad shoulders.... holding a pan of mud and skimming walls with a 12'' knife is killing me...@ 68, there's a fork in me....I'm done...

Sorry to tell you this, it doesn't get any better. The transformation from your 60's to your 70's is a cliff, rather than a slope. I used to do everything myself, mostly for the satisfaction. Now, it's a cell phone and a checkbook. The satisfaction comes from it gets done, rather than having a list a mile long that doesn't.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Wheelers moving back to the "Land of Gracious Living" lol :)

@Wheeler 😂
Good news travels fast! :)
So that's why he hasn't come to look at my project yet.
Been busy trying to finish up a couple jobs then onto some of my own work. I need to get a couple properties ready to sell and listed so I can get outta the Parkabilly Kingdom and back to civilization! :)

Wheeler

Reaction score
mostly pan and knife work... tape is on, first coat on metal
What is the scope of work? How many sheets and what finish are you trying to achieve?

hallett21

Reaction score

Fork-In-Head.jpg
Can I drag bodies out there who say they do “construction”?

We figure out an hourly, you teach them and I cover half the “payroll”.

Idk who provides the sandpaper and shop vac lol.

Wheeler

Reaction score

Fork-In-Head.jpg
Steve, I'm a couple of years younger than you and a hundred pounds heavier. What do you suggest for pain management? I've got 30 sheets of 5/8 12' to hang today and not sure if I can finish by 5pm. This cold weather is wreaking havoc on my back.😧

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
What is the scope of work? How many sheets and what finish are you trying to achieve?
Just a hand trowel finish,... putting a skim coat on all the walls,..some new drywall, all is taped and I tape the corner bead ... so most all is skim / top coat..... got about 1/3 textured already... bath lid is coated and one wall left... there were so many repairs that I just put a coat on all the walls.. and pulled all the trim and put corner bead... it's kinda of a cart before the horse as I had to wait for stuff to happen to be able to finish,.... I had to get the cabinetts in to order counter tops, and vanitys had to be in to move the plumbing..there's drywall lids in all the rooms but the front bedroom and living room.... maybe a couple days work at most... but the pan and knife deal is killing my carpel tunnel,... arms go numb and shooting pain in my hands...no sleep, maybe get 1 hour at a time so I have a cot there where when I pass out...this is my last job like this.... never again..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Steve, I'm a couple of years younger than you and a hundred pounds heavier. What do you suggest for pain management? I've got 30 sheets of 5/8 12' to hang today and not sure if I can finish by 5pm. This cold weather is wreaking havoc on my back.😧
do you need help today,...??? i'm just about to leave vegas and head that way...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Can I drag bodies out there who say they do “construction”?

We figure out an hourly, you teach them and I cover half the “payroll”.

Idk who provides the sandpaper and shop vac lol.
what I need is a pan and knife guy that knows what he's doing...I have a little more walls to first coat, the rest is just touch up and get ready for texture..
i've been spliting the butt joints with an 8, then skimming the whole wall with a 12... so pretty much could just go smooth wall and no texture. but putting a had troweled finish...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Fork-In-Head.jpg
Don't lay down yet Steve, your busy-body activities is what has kept you young----ish🙂

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I used to be a paper hanger also... started at the bottom of the Riviera tower and by the time I got to the top, working 10-12 hrs a day hanging , I ended up with carpel tunnel...and also trigger finger in both thumbs so I quit...

Wheeler

Reaction score
Don't lay down yet Steve, your busy-body activities is what has kept you young----ish🙂
Pipe down ya' whiper snapper! are you trying to kill him! :)

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
doc wants to knife my rists and neck,...pretty sure I'll be down for a while so I have to get this done.... mean while the pain is crazy.... and goes complete nuts at night..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
have some one else do the work,,... pain seems to go away when I'm setting at the bar gambling...

Wheeler

Reaction score
Tagged

I’d like someone to redo a few shitty joints in our ceiling out there also.
buy better stuff. in this day and age you don't have to put up with stems and seeds that you don't need.:)

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
also I have to build a closet and about 12 sheets to hang latter...all 8 footers..In my prime days I could hang 12'rs on the lid by my self,... and would hang a 100 sheet house a day, every day..

wishiknew

Reaction score
Getting old is not for pussies.
Just wait till you get old one day your racing motocross and boats at the same time your working construction 12 to 15 hours a day and all of a sudden you wake up at 65 to 70 years old and your body is worn the fuck out PUSSY"S I dont think so

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Just wait till you get old one day your racing motocross and boats at the same time your working construction 12 to 15 hours a day and all of a sudden you wake up at 65 to 70 years old and your body is worn the fuck out PUSSY"S I dont think so
Just sharing a quote from a friends dad, 95 y.o. WW2 vet who still is sharp as a tack.

I just passed 60 and KNOW things used to be easier to do!

Wheeler

Reaction score
huge thanks to wheeler for helping me get this done...
nice working with you Steve and thanks for the food and entertainment at Blondie's, Pooches' tacos's or whatever the place is now called. 👍👍

That Blonde bar manager from the other joint was something else! Does she work the pole often? :)