WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I think the RDP Inmates are loooooooosing it…

DWC

Reaction score
82C3FD6D-A95A-4A8E-8ACA-980BE510F5EC.gif

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I’m participating less and less. It’s gone the way of Facebook and Instagram with the constant shit talking and eagerness of who can wish failure and find fault the quickest. To each their own I suppose.

Tank

Reaction score
It’s funny. Been here since the beginning. I see threads like this pop up from time to time or RD post a thread about dropping the hammer and the funny thing is I never see it. Sure there’s negative threads and negative people or negative comments but you can actually not read whatever you don’t want to. You can keep scrolling and not engage in the negativity. I don’t notice an increase in negativity because I chose to scroll past. This site takes up enough of my energy and I would prefer it to be positive not negative.

hallett21

Reaction score
It’s funny. Been here since the beginning. I see threads like this pop up from time to time or RD post a thread about dropping the hammer and the funny thing is I never see it. Sure there’s negative threads and negative people or negative comments but you can actually not read whatever you don’t want to. You can keep scrolling and not engage in the negativity. I don’t notice an increase in negativity because I chose to scroll past. This site takes up enough of my energy and I would prefer it to be positive not negative.
💯

It’s all what you make of it

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Been here a long time. I’ve seen the changes over the years. I know who to respond to and who to put on ignore. However, RDP is the go to to find out about what’s happening in life day to day. RDP is first for breaking news.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I do agree that pissing in someones cheerios has become way more prevalent here. I blame the KoolAide.

Reactions: DLC

wzuber

Reaction score
I see it as a reflection of what's going on in the world. I think since covid, the fraudulent election and general divide of the masses by the political regimes the level of animosity within people has increased greatly and it comes out in people here and everywhere else they want to be "heard". Just my .02 (adjusted for inflation is now worth -$1.50;):))

jet496

Reaction score
Been here a long time. I’ve seen the changes over the years. I know who to respond to and who to put on ignore. However, RDP is the go to to find out about what’s happening in life day to day. RDP is first for breaking news.
Seriously, people laugh at me when I tell them that this is where I get my news from & info on most everything for that matter. Even the negative threads have a place & hell I skip 95% of the topics anyway unless they interest me. Love this site!

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I've been here for a while, and have Never felt the need to use the ignore button. Even the douche bags were funny at times!

But lately...

Maybe cause I'm older? Douche bags don't seem all that funny to me anymore...

I'm digging how much more peaceful this place is with just a few simple clicks of Ignore.

Try it, you'll like it! 😁

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
This place harbors and encourages crazy. The dungeon and covid sections are a cancer and it spreads throughout the rest of the site. Eventually it will end up like Performance boats and HotBoat before that. It is what it is. You have people that come here to have fun, and talk about hobbies that are mutually interesting. Then you have people that are here to push their political agendas and ridicule anyone who doesn’t agree with them. When the second element takes over the first, this forum will be history.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
This place harbors and encourages crazy. The dungeon and covid sections are a cancer and it spreads throughout the rest of the site. Eventually it will end up like Performance boats and HotBoat before that. It is what it is. You have people that come here to have fun, and talk about hobbies that are mutually interesting. Then you have people that are here to push their political agendas and ridicule anyone who doesn’t agree with them. When the second element takes over the first, this forum will be history.

💯💯💯

Mototrig

Reaction score
Seriously, people laugh at me when I tell them that this is where I get my news from & info on most everything for that matter. Even the negative threads have a place & hell I skip through 95% of the topics anyway unless they interest me. Love this site!
Back in like 2018ish I started following RKP when the 3 people went missing from the boat collision at the mouth of Pirates in Topock. That's when I realized just how "in the know" the inmates are on the river and everyday news. And yes my friends laugh at me when they find out THIS is my source of news.

I don't have FB or IG. Sometimes I know things quicker than my friends with social media........
.....and that makes ME laugh 😂😂😂

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
I remember the negativity and trolling on Hotbote before it's demise and it was sad. 'Ol tough guy Jordy P. was one of the worse and stirred the pot unnecessarily. What a douchebag, especially when he started tormenting Karl.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Was dealing with this here just the other day. Someone we all know for intentionally crapping in everyone's threads was mid poop and I said something. They then were all wound up at me. It was entertaining in a very sad way. Really says something about them as a person.

Ironically they were recently suspended for a few weeks for exactly this behavior on another thread. Guess their egos just don't learn.

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
You ain't K I D D I N G !!!

Badchoices03

Reaction score

Agreed 100%

Heylam

Reaction score
The ship is sailing

Tank

Reaction score
You are right but with one caveat. It’ll go that route if allowed to. You can control it. It just takes more work.

I think one issue here is there’s decent amount of people on here that aren’t really even into boating. This is a “boating lifestyle” website. With that comes other hobbies and topics because with those who love boating comes other hobbies most of the time. But the common thread is a passion for boating. That one common bond ties everyone together unlike real social media.

Like I said, with work you can clean up any issues. For starters if you’re only coming in here to go to the covid or dungeon sections…you shouldn’t be on here. If you can’t remember the last time you boated, probably shouldn’t be on here. And most of all, if you’re a dick, you probably shouldn’t be on here. Weeding out the problems isn’t impossible. Just takes commitment.

I think Dave struggles with really laying the ban hammer down because he’s a nice guy, tries to empathize with everyone and he truly believes in free speech so he’s a bit conflicted.

The unfortunate aspect of the shenanigans and negativity is it pushes industry leaders and other insiders away from posting on here. I know for a fact, heavy hitters lurk on here. Or at least they lurk 3rd party. This is the largest boating forum website on the planet after all. A little civility, even forced civility isn’t a bad thing.