WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I think the RDP Inmates are loooooooosing it…

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I have many "things" that have taken me away from RDP, and not all of them are related to the website.
I can say tho, that the vibe here is a bit different. A handful of members have reached out to me and asked if I am OK, where I went...
I am fine, I appreciate the concern.
We don't seemed to be as focused on lifting up the things that make us happy.
Granted, the country is a mess, and that has had an impact on many of our lives, myself included, and we are gonna talk about it, but...
wow...life is short folks. Live.
When someone does get a thread going that we all can get behind, it may get traction but then the "traffic accident threads" seem to take over.
You know, how the traffic always slows down so people can look at the damn wreck, see the gore, etc.
I have seen enough of that crap to last me a lifetime, and I ain't interested in it anymore.
Logging in after being away for awhile, posting about my parking problem, I surfed around and see the vast majority of good people doing what they have always done, but remember, one guy walking around a room with 50 people in it can make the whole place stink if he craps his pants.
I think this place is still the best online, and there are a lot of people here I respect the hell out of, that I wish I could actually spend time with in person.
As long as those people and that content is here, I will stop by now and then.
I really do look forward to the Speed car getting here, not because I am buying one but because I am sick and tired of seeing it. Someone used the word contagion, I think that is pretty accurate.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I’m sorry what?
It's pretty simple lot's of thread's live and die depending on who the original poster was and how the RDP tribe reacts. I've seen lots of newer people with solid content(been here since 07) get picked on or have a short stay here based on RDP'rs reaction. Lot's of cool thread's and newer posters have came and went basically being chased out by negative crap talking for literally no reason. I don't deny there are lots of cool people on this site but I've watched plenty of posters contradict themselves just to be in the cool group flicking shit unnecessarily. However anytime this gets brought up by anyone other than Dave or a select few the people saying there is an issue get flamed by the tribe instead of open dialogue which is a perfect example of the tribal vibe. Kinda like arguing with a liberal LoL. It's a great reminder to get off the internet for a bit or stop posting as much. As far as content I've posted plenty and I get a shit ton more traction on the other similar forum I frequent with more humor, respect and genuine replies it's that simple. I've also invited people to come play at RDP and none of them stayed around

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
See, I have not followed one ioda of the speed car threads because, I ain’t buying one, and I don’t give a shit about them. Lol so, maybe that’s why I don’t see a bump in negativity. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Then again I see the speed car comments throughout other threads and know it’s a running joke. Doesn’t bother me.

I also don’t know the beef between Vic and LOF. because I again, I try to avoid negativity and don’t even enjoy watching others engaged in it. I just move along. Shit that doesn’t affect me, doesn’t affect me. I see enough negativity and deal with botching and complaining and real life issues all day. I don’t seek it out here.

I still don’t know what the beef is either to be honest. I’m glad he found a solution to his problem.

As you know all the Speed stuff is a running and now woefully overly played joke. It will just keep running until the next thing that catches the groups attention.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Nobody online has ever made me laugh as often as Skankersore did. Every single comment was sarcastic and funny to the extreme. If I haven't left because she did, I doubt any of the angry haters on here are going to be the thing that makes me move on.
It is so easy to just scroll past comments made by folks you don't like. But sometimes, even the haters on here, have something worthwhile to contribute. Fortunately for me, I can usually read posts from anyone without it raising my blood pressure much. It's just the internet. It ain't real unless you make it that way.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I've been here for a while, and have Never felt the need to use the ignore button. Even the douche bags were funny at times!

But lately...

Maybe cause I'm older? Douche bags don't seem all that funny to me anymore...

I'm digging how much more peaceful this place is with just a few simple clicks of Ignore.

Try it, you'll like it! 😁
Funny part is, of the couple I have on ignore, it's because of their syntax.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I have been on here less and less over the past few years and slowly will probably just disappear. However, I don't think this matters about no boating frequently. I have not boated in some time but I'm still a boat guy and frequent anything boat related on the web. I probably have got more boat seat time in one season than many have in 10 years that currnetly own boats. I still consider myself a boater even if I have not been on one in some time.

I still post some boat related content and enjoy reading about what many others post on here. I know much of my shit is just about travel or just making a stupid joke but I enjoy my time on here most of time, if and when I can ignore all the idiotic post. I struggle sometimes and I may be on here another few years or be gone tomorrow if I feel it's just not for me any longer.

Hotboat was a mess but I still have quite a few friends I met on there that I'll keep in touch with the rest of my life. I do miss some of photos posted (good looking real ladies) on the river and lake. :D

This ^^^^^^

I think its pretty obvious due to my name change why I stepped away. The abject stupidity to wish harm or even death on somebody for the simple act of riding a bicycle is beyond my ability to process. Train horns, pepper spray, coal rolled etc.

I take my responsibility to my family deadly serious, anyone who would either in jest or seriously suggest that I become incapacitated right on up to widow my wife and orphan my son, I simply need to eject from my life. Those folks on here, know who they are.

I will say this, I think my time here was a giant success in that I believe I raised awareness to the language used when describing the intellectually disabled folks. Most of you would be amazed at just how many of us have someone in our lives.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
If you can’t remember the last time you boated, probably shouldn’t be on here
I guess I’ll just pack my shit and leave then?
I don’t own a boat, don’t plant to own a boat. Can’t tell you the last time I rode in one.

Statements like that are in fact some of the negativity people are talking about.
I know of several members here that while not avid boaters contribute cool content.

So who or what gives you the clout to make statements about who should or shouldn’t be on Dave’s site?

Like Dave said, negative posts seem to generate more negative posts, like the one I’m typing now.
So who’s wrong here?
Me? You? Both of us? 🤷‍♂️

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I don’t own a boat, don’t plant to own a boat.

I planted a boat a couple years ago and now I'm a boat owner 😝

flowers-old-boat-9668326.jpg

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Let’s face it……. There are some real trolls on this site.

Those that feel the need to hijack thread after thread with same worn out political BS. Then their minions have to jump in to reinforce the changed narrative…….. Then the entire thread goes to hell in a hand basket. Sound familiar?

Here…… let me throw out some bait?

Where I live I see the undeniable effects of sea level rise. ( Now I just need to wait for the land locked keyboard warriors to let me know how wrong I am) I am guessing it will be within the hour. Definitely by dinner. Lol

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don’t own a boat, don’t plant to own a boat. Can’t tell you the last time I rode in one.

Statements like that are in fact some of the negativity people are talking about.
I know of several members here that while not avid boaters contribute cool content.

So who or what gives you the clout to make statements about who should or shouldn’t be on Dave’s site?

Like Dave said, negative posts seem to generate more negative posts, like the one I’m typing now.
So who’s wrong here?

Fuck Off?

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Nobody online has ever made me laugh as often as Skankersore did. Every single comment was sarcastic and funny to the extreme. If I haven't left because she did, I doubt any of the angry haters on here are going to be the thing that makes me move on.
It is so easy to just scroll past comments made by folks you don't like. But sometimes, even the haters on here, have something worthwhile to contribute. Fortunately for me, I can usually read posts from anyone without it raising my blood pressure much. It's just the internet. It ain't real unless you make it that way.
Funny, we were just talking about her a couple of nights ago. She was (I'm sure she still is) the most hilarious person I've ever interacted with on a forum. Her one-liners. . . 😂

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Like I said, with work you can clean up any issues. For starters if you’re only coming in here to go to the covid or dungeon sections…you shouldn’t be on here. If you can’t remember the last time you boated, probably shouldn’t be on here. And most of all, if you’re a dick, you probably shouldn’t be on here. Weeding out the problems isn’t impossible. Just takes commitment.

I think Dave struggles with really laying the ban hammer down because he’s a nice guy, tries to empathize with everyone and he truly believes in free speech so he’s a bit conflicted.

Name names.

Also, if Dave believes in free speech (which I also believe he does as well) then why would he have any confliction?
He doesn’t. If it’s within his rules it’s fair game.

It is possible to be a boating enthusiast, a dungeon dweller; and a dick all at once.
Ask me how I know.
This is my only social media site. Period. End of story.
This is the only place I am a member. I can cover all my desired bases on this, my one and only site.
So is my presence here a liability?
I’m not trying to argue. I know your meaning.
But that is what also makes this site different.

It likely costs more to fill your boats with fuel than my entire rig is worth. But that’s ok.
I listen to the whole jet bote ribbing with a smile because I know my little 86 MPH jet potato chip will embarrass most any boat out there besides the heavy hitters like you!😎👌

Last edited:

HBCraig

Reaction score
You know I just scrolled the first two pages of the lounge and I’m not really seeing all this negativity..

There was some crazy “you are at war” thread, I will freely admit I didn’t really pay much attention to it because it didn’t interest me.. after reading it 😳. I had no idea so many people were still believing Chem trails are a thing. Lol. I locked the thread.

The rest of it though? Seems pretty happy go lucky to me?
For the most part. Maybe bring back folks like Skankersore, Ratso and HBJet

;)

River Runnin

Reaction score
It's a good thing I've never posted a Negative fuking thing! ... If this site was ONLY about boating! - It wouldn't exist! - If the affluent, big boys, and champions can't post here cuz their feeling get hurt, they be thin skinned, or don't want to be offended by some of us riffraff (not calling anyone else that) sparking some experienced truths! -- Oh! Fooking well! --- Get back to your Louis XIII and cubans! << Some good $hit by the way! ;) And Especially out of a Red Solo cup!:eek:

Tank

Reaction score
Name names.

Also, if Dave believes in free speech (which I also believe he does as well) then why would he have any confliction?
He doesn’t. If it’s within his rules it’s fair game.

It is possible to be a boating enthusiast, a dungeon dweller; and a dick all at once.
Ask me how I know.
This is my only social media site. Period. End of story.
This is the only place I am a member. I can cover all my desired bases on this, my one and only site.
So is my presence here a liability?
I’m not trying to argue. I know your meaning.
But that is what also makes this site different.

It likely costs more to fill your boats with fuel than my entire rig is worth. But that’s ok.
I listen to the whole jet bote ribbing with a smile because I know my little 86 MPH jet potato chip will embarrass most any boat out there besides the heavy hitters like you!😎👌

I love jet botes!!!

😁👍

Tank

Reaction score

So who’s wrong here?
Don’t take it out of context or miss the meaning. You provide good content, are not negative or a trouble maker that I have seen (of course I already admitted I don’t follow that whole aspect of this place) and you have years and years of boating experience and exposure. now, take all that away and be an instigator or with nothing but negative input then I say, ok, bye.

My original statement was not negative. It was pointing out most on here have a common bond. You included. Maybe my examples were slightly off l think you’re sharp enough to get the point. And if what I wrote came off as negative it was not meant to be. It was pointing out that if people are here to troll, well then they shouldn’t be here. That’s all.

And just to be crystal clear, please don’t go anywhere. I enjoy your posts and insight from years in this industry.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

So who’s wrong here?

Makes ya feel any better I’m currently boatless.. lol

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Don’t take it out of context or miss the meaning. You provide good content, are not negative or a trouble maker that I have seen (of course I already admitted I don’t follow that whole aspect of this place) and you have years and years of boating experience and exposure. now, take all that away and be an instigator or with nothing but negative input then I say, ok, bye.

My original statement was not negative. It was pointing out most on here have a common bond. You included. Maybe my examples were slightly off l think you’re sharp enough to get the point. And if what I wrote came off as negative it was not meant to be. It was pointing out that if people are here to troll, well then they shouldn’t be here. That’s all.

And just to be crystal clear, please don’t go anywhere. I enjoy your posts and insight from years in this industry.

That exchange, while I understood all of it, is an example of why people get themselves all whipped into a froth about things here.

The lesson is not to take everything so seriously.

Tank

Reaction score
Let me know when you want a ride.
I’m home this week.
It never breaks.
It always starts and always goes 80 plus.
I changed the oil 3 years ago so it’s good.
Fuck man, I’d love to go for a run. Invitation goes to you too. Let me know when you want to run in the ocean. I’m off during the week for now.

I’d actually like to find a little hot rod jet to play around with once we get a place situated in havasu.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Their ugly.

:oops: Are you baiting me???? or trying to make me have a stroke? ;)

FWIW, I don't think it's much different than it was 10-15 years ago or earlier going back to other boating forums many of us frequented. I think there is a little less humor than there used to be, but as for the jerks, they've come and gone, but there is always someone who fits the bill. The winters are always rough, with people more angry than usual, hence the joke about winter.

We used to stay up late, just bantering back and forth with everyone, and each other, on dueling laptops at our kitchen table. We'd laugh all night while socializing in real time, but virtually. I haven't seen a lot of that in the recent past. Maybe I've just missed it.

Last edited:

River Runnin

Reaction score
Let me know when you want a ride.
I’m home this week.
It never breaks.
It always starts and always goes 80 plus.
I changed the oil 3 years ago so it’s good.
Except for 80 plus! ... I got one of those! :D
But RD hates my River Jet! Came down from the PNW, isn't made of glass, and was 2017 Havasu's Coolest (22' to 29') Boat -- And would bet overall! :D

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score

So who’s wrong here?
LoL,you probably have spent more time on many boats RDP members have owned,new or used. You constantly pull up info on Eliminator boats you spent hours on in the spray booth years ago.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
For fucks sake. You fuckers know what I meant!!

Lol
I got it.. LOL. I was just joking around.. and actually I still own 2 boats right now, but neither are up to the "RDP" standards as of yet.

I'm gonna sell that whaler though. I'm just too busy to actually get a chance to play around with it.

RD

Gelcoater

Reaction score
when i first came to the site people were sharing their builds in the lounge and they were almost always positive. Its where i got ideas for both our boat builds. But that all got moved to the in the mold section. Maybe there has been some over or under moderation.....
Now maybe I’m mistaken and Dave can set me straight, but I’m pretty sure the from the mold section was created as a direct result of negative, shit bird comments when mfg’s posted their builds in the lounge.
And why the moderation is a little more firm down there about chit chat and comments.