WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I think the RDP Inmates are loooooooosing it…

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Now maybe I’m mistaken and Dave can set me straight, but I’m pretty sure the from the mold section was created as a direct result of negative, shit bird comments when mfg’s posted their builds in the lounge.
And why the moderation is a little more firm down there about chit chat and comments.
I think you are right but man those are the threads to moderate. delete the negativity. but that is great boating content that needs to be on the forefront imo.... we love seing your spray skills along with the other guys but mostly its seeing all the cool new ideas that come about....then again maybe i ust spend my time in the wrong forum page :/

i asked for opinions in my threads. i wanted people commenting on what they liked and didnt like....the build quality comes from the manufacturer though so if someone was shitting on some manufacturers use of drywall screws well i can understand that

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I think you are right but man those are the threads to moderate. delete the negativity. but that is great boating content that needs to be on the forefront imo.... we love seing your spray skills along with the other guys but mostly its seeing all the cool new ideas that come about....then again maybe i ust spend my time in the wrong forum page :/

i asked for opinions in my threads. i wanted people commenting on what they liked and didnt like....the build quality comes from the manufacturer though so if someone was shitting on some manufacturers use of drywall screws well i can understand that

Even then.. who cares? We all don’t want or need boats that are multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars. Someone is building a boat for a customer for a price. It was what they could afford at the time and got them on the water. That is most important above all. It is the same thing with off-road toys. Get something you can afford that gets you out there. You don’t need the best of the best.

Life is full of compromises and everyone makes different sacrifices to do what they enjoy and to make memories with their families.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
This site is awesome! It will be what we all make of it. I’m on every day, and post when I think I can add to the discussion in a positive manner. If you completely ignore the negative post, seems like they get disinterested and leave, just like real life haters! I get all my laughs, news, and help here exclusively- no FB, IG, or TT. RD does as good as job as anybody could with the group that’s in here - those posting only negative, argumentative, and pot stirring crap will eventually be removed, and I can’t believe how much rope RD gives them to hang themselves, which they always do. Have fun, learn, laugh - there’s some pretty old couts on this site that share their wisdom to those with open minds. To the core guys the keep all the threads going, THANKS!!

River Runnin

Reaction score
Me! Look like I’m 40, act like I’m 13, hurt like I’m 66 ! Got 2FF beat, still have my Harley!!!
Here I thought it was me! I'm 66 and hurt like 80, act like 75 and don't give a fook, plus don't have a Harley! :( :)

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
You know I just scrolled the first two pages of the lounge and I’m not really seeing all this negativity..

There was some crazy “you are at war” thread, I will freely admit I didn’t really pay much attention to it because it didn’t interest me.. after reading it 😳. I had no idea so many people were still believing Chem trails are a thing. Lol. I locked the thread.

The rest of it though? Seems pretty happy go lucky to me?
RD

I just posted a link in the Political section in the Chemtrails thread.... actually from government documents...

do you want me to blow it up for you...

hate to see naysayers read all the fake "Truth" propaganda...LOL

did you check out the UTV racing?? Looks pretty SWEET!!

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Even then.. who cares? We all don’t want or need boats that are multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars. Someone is building a boat for a customer for a price. It was what they could afford at the time and got them on the water. That is most important above all. It is the same thing with off-road toys. Get something you can afford that gets you out there. You don’t need the best of the best.

Life is full of compromises and everyone makes different sacrifices to do what they enjoy and to make memories with their families.
i think thats what is great about the build threads you have different people building ffrom different manufacturers....if i had the cash you would see a build from Midnight Express but instead you get a build from shockwave.....theres advantage shiada to dcb...its what makes new boat build yet....even better are the rebuilds when someone gets a new to them boat and reoutfits it. love em all....boating content

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I wish there was a button next to threads that if pressed the thread would just disappear from your screen while logged in, kind of like emails.

It would be nice to hit snooze/ delete on all the threads I don't want to see or have no interest in reading.
if you put the thread starter on ignor.... you don't see their threads... members that start the same over and over stupid shit....poof and they are gone...

Markus

Reaction score
I wish someone would pm me some examples of what we are talking about specifically so I can go look at it and understand 100% what they are referring too.

RD
Being new here, and setting the weird-a** conspiracy theories aside, I do notice that there seem to be a few folks on RDP who seem to struggle a fair bit with accepting novelties like rooftop solar, electric vehicles and placing the valves in the cylinder head. Then there is another group of surprisingly patient folks who have experienced some of those novelties themselves and are trying to explain over and over that those things are actually big improvements over what came before. But it gets a bit tedious after a while.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
We reap what we sow, so don’t fuel the negativity.

Ignore things that aren’t interesting.
Participate in discussions that interest you.

Make an effort to not be offended by what internet people post.

Take a deep breath, everything will be OK

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I remember the negativity and trolling on Hotbote before it's demise and it was sad. 'Ol tough guy Jordy P. was one of the worse and stirred the pot unnecessarily. What a douchebag, especially when he started tormenting Karl.

HotBoat did not die because of negativity and trolling, though. It was a great forum with a TON of boating information. It died because the mag's new owners did not see the benefit of the forum.

Last edited:

wallnutz

Reaction score
I think the negative stuff goes in cycles here, so for the most part I don't think it has changed much but the people posting. I lurked for a long time before I joined, there were a few intimidating guys the would ride you for most anything.(fuck brown) Now there are know it all's, at least they think they know it all that have to chime in on most everything, so I think that might be a new intimidation for newer posters. It sucks when you are holding the broken part in your hand and you are being told you are wrong and that can't be it. Now when they can give you good advice and not be condescending their wealth of knowledge can't be beat on any other forum.
Me, I won't put anyone on ignore unless by accident with my fat thumbs, sorry RR. If you don't like a thread move on, if you don't like something posted in a thread move on, if you don't like a poster move on. It's really pretty simple to have an enjoyable time here. So pull up yore big boy or big girl pants and have some fun.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
HotBoat did not die because of negativity and trolling. It was a great forum with a TON of boating information. It died because the mag's new owners did not see the benefit of the forum.
It was definitely different back then. Talk shit all day and then end up at a party or sandbar over the weekend with said people and everyone was cool....shoot they might even trade wife's with you if that was what you were into...haha

Lots of feeling these day. (not just here..lol)

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I think the negative stuff goes in cycles here, so for the most part I don't think it has changed much but the people posting. I lurked for a long time before I joined, there were a few intimidating guys the would ride you for most anything.(fuck brown) Now there are know it all's, at least they think they know it all that have to chime in on most everything, so I think that might be a new intimidation for newer posters. It sucks when you are holding the broken part in your hand and you are being told you are wrong and that can't be it. Now when they can give you good advice and not be condescending their wealth of knowledge can't be beat on any other forum.
Me, I won't put anyone on ignore unless by accident with my fat thumbs, sorry RR. If you don't like a thread move on, if you don't like something posted in a thread move on, if you don't like a poster move on. It's really pretty simple to have an enjoyable time here. So pull up yore big boy or big girl pants and have some fun.

See how different some of us are?

I miss the Tom Brown and JBB show most of all. And then the chops TBI would put up about them??

My face would hurt from laughing all day!!! 🤣

Everyone calling everyone else an asshole, and it was like a badge of honor.

Different strokes for different strokes?

😎

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
if you put the thread starter on ignor.... you don't see their threads... members that start the same over and over stupid shit....poof and they are gone...
Always been obvious you stay away from certain threads that do not interest you.
Alotta years Steve,always been interesting. 👍

wallnutz

Reaction score

I miss the Tom Brown and JBB show most of all. And then the chops TBI would put up about them??

😎
Hey I enjoyed TB, but when you are the new kid on the block and he decides he wants to know how thick your skin is, Fuck Brown.😅 I really miss those days and the chops, glad TBI still stops in now and then. JBB RIP.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Hey I enjoyed TB, but when you are the new kid on the block and he decides he wants to know how thick your skin is, Fuck Brown.😅 I really miss those days and the chops, glad TBI still stops in now and then. JBB RIP.

🤣🤣🤣

Yep. That was Tom alright!

His "questions" in the Introduce Yourself forum were classic. 😁

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score

😎
Quit your crying

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Some random boating photos.

IMG_1525.jpg
IMG_0812.JPG
164-6495_IMG.JPG
100_6219.jpg
IMG_4682.JPG

playdeep

Reaction score
HotBoat did not die because of negativity and trolling, though. It was a great forum with a TON of boating information. It died because the mag's new owners did not see the benefit of the forum.
X2...thank you for posting that.
Hot Boat was the internet version of Cheers&Cowboy dive bar combined....it could get rough...but never boring.
That place went well with the illegitimate little sister Havasu Barney's.
Which basically was a Tijuana dive bar where anything goes.
That said...I like this place and some of the people on here are amazing human beings.
The amount of knowledge &help is astounding.

playdeep

Reaction score
Mock Auntie was the source of some good reading material 😊
Absolutely...
When she&Polar Bear king decided to get cozy together it was internet gold.
Who was the woman who was a post whore til getting banned?
She was an attorney always participated in the Drag racing threads &things went south when she picked JBB up at the airport and shortly thereafter got perma-banned&no one is allowed to know Que Paso....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Absolutely...
When she&Polar Bear king decided to get cozy together it was internet gold.
Who was the woman who was a post whore til getting banned?
She was an attorney always participated in the Drag racing threads &things went south when she picked JBB up at the airport and shortly thereafter got perma-banned&no one is allowed to know Que Paso....

She ended up marrying another member..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m reading some of these replies and thinking back on some of the names.. a few of them passed away, a few went different directions and a few ended up getting hooked on drugs and blowing apart marriages, then there’s the swing set that all blew apart..

It’s been kinda wild sitting back and watching a lot of that..

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
It’s funny when people say bring so and so back. There’s only a couple of people that have ever been permanently kicked off this site. The rest have left on their own, or died like RD said.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
It’s funny when people say bring so and so back. There’s only a couple of people that have ever been permanently kicked off this site. The rest have left on their own, or died like RD said.

I was thinking the same thing.. most of these people walked away, they weren’t excommunicated. How would you “bring them back?”

That and everything usually grows fonder or nostalgic with the passing of time.

RIP to those that have passed.

playdeep

Reaction score
I’m reading some of these replies and thinking back on some of the names.. a few of them passed away, a few went different directions and a few ended up getting hooked on drugs and blowing apart marriages, then there’s the swing set that all blew apart..

It’s been kinda wild sitting back and watching a lot of that..
Crazy the way things turn out..
I remember my ex& I going down to Parker with John&Michelle &hanging out at your old place on the keys.
You were single as was Danny BB572& John &Michelle would pray you' guys would end up with John's daughters who'd just come off the reality show the Swan.
Man...they wanted you as a son in law.
...seems like yesterday.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Crazy the way things turn out..
I remember my ex& I going down to Parker with John&Michelle &hanging out at your old place on the keys.
You were single as was Danny BB572& John &Michelle would pray you' guys would end up with John's daughters who'd just come off the reality show the Swan.
Man...they wanted you as a son in law.
...seems like yesterday.

I miss Michelle she was a lovely person.. Jon is great as well.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

Reading back I don’t like “died”. Some of those guys were my friends. RIP to the friends that are no longer with us.