WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lead on Raptor R?

baja-chris

Reaction score
Anyone have a lead on a dealer that can still order a Raptor R at, let’s say no more than $35k over list?

baja-chris

Reaction score
$50k over seems to be going price after talking to many dealers in multiple states (many of which don't even have any available allocation).
Screw it, going to order one anyway. No dumber than the twin engine toon prices.

Current Availability-Based Market Adjustment Charges:
F-150 Lightning: $20,000
Raptor: $20,000
Raptor R: $50,000
GT 500: $20,000
Gold Ticket: $50,000
Bronco Raptor: $25,000
Bronco Wildtrack/Sasquatch: $15,000
Bronco – All other Trim: $10,000
Super Duty Diesel: $5,000

sirbob

Reaction score
$50k over seems to be going price after talking to many dealers in multiple states (many of which don't even have any available allocation).
Screw it, going to order one anyway. No dumber than the twin engine toon prices.

Current Availability-Based Market Adjustment Charges:
F-150 Lightning: $20,000
Raptor: $20,000
Raptor R: $50,000
GT 500: $20,000
Gold Ticket: $50,000
Bronco Raptor: $25,000
Bronco Wildtrack/Sasquatch: $15,000
Bronco – All other Trim: $10,000
Super Duty Diesel: $5,000

Looks like a lot of folks want Ford products

👍

CLdrinker

Reaction score
There are a few for sale on Instagram 130k

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Sales guys wverywhere have to be laughing their asses off at people still willing to pull the trigger at $20,000+ mark ups.
Especially with the level of Non-service dealerships deliver these days.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Our CEO should be getting his any day now. He took delivery of his bronco raptor a few weeks ago.

Reactions: DWC

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Just back from dealer. Trigger pulled. Approx 4mo to build it. Hope it sounds as sweet as my 392 Rubicon. Pay to play I guess.
Not sure it will sound as good as the 392 but its going to be a bad ass truck and sound a shit ton better than the 3.5...congrats.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Just back from dealer. Trigger pulled. Approx 4mo to build it. Hope it sounds as sweet as my 392 Rubicon. Pay to play I guess.
Owner of our company got one on Tuesday from Kearny Mesa Ford. I heard it today and it sounds like a Raptor should have sounded from day 1. That being said, it sounds too much like those fart box mustangs for my taste, but a million times better than the V6's. Such a cool truck, but for $180k, I think I would prefer to have a Rousch drivetrain package with aftermarket long travel and $100k still in the bank?

pkbullet

Reaction score
I was allocated 2 for wave 2 and put one in my name. I am having trouble justifying invoice much less over. Boy these things are pricey.
F90DCABB-282A-4862-87AD-D3011169700F.jpeg

baja-chris

Reaction score
Go price a new Howard or a twin 400 toon or a go fast CC. The Raptor R looks like a deal in comparison even at $50k over. Everything is overpriced it seems.
I will say both my prior Raptors have held value very well and I would imagine this R will still be super desirable years down the road (when all you can get is a hybrid or electric truck).

Taboma

Reaction score
I was allocated 2 for wave 2 and put one in my name. I am having trouble justifying invoice much less over. Boy these things are pricey. View attachment 1195766
Not sure what the tailgate is that comes with the moonroof option ? I'd rather not have a moonroof, but when I bought this '18 I couldn't find one without it. I love my tailgate step, which is $ 0, but is that because it's part of the moonroof package ? I'd want the step but no moonroof.

I'd buy one for MSRP, but I'm not going to allow them to hurt me for another $ 50K for sure.

Reactions: FCT

pkbullet

Reaction score
Not sure what the tailgate is that comes with the moonroof option ? I'd rather not have a moonroof, but when I bought this '18 I couldn't find one without it. I love my tailgate step, which is $ 0, but is that because it's part of the moonroof package ? I'd want the step but no moonroof.

I'd buy one for MSRP, but I'm not going to allow them to hurt me for another $ 50K for sure.
To get 50k over we would have to sell out of market, not our goal. We get 25k local and I would rather have them in my town.

Taboma

Reaction score
its pushbutton close, i skipped that one - dont like sunroofs either
So you can still order the tailgate step without the sunroof --- cool if so. I ask this because to date I've never paid $ 30 or 50K over on a new truck purchase. I'm guessing you also pay an additional sales tax on that market adjustment, so now it's closer to $ 54K. Hopefully registration is calculated from MSRP, but I don't know that for sure. How does insurance work ?
Is it insured for that value as well, where if totaled, they'll coverage a similar up charge ?

EmpirE231

Reaction score
So you can still order the tailgate step without the sunroof --- cool if so. I ask this because to date I've never paid $ 30 or 50K over on a new truck purchase. I'm guessing you also pay an additional sales tax on that market adjustment, so now it's closer to $ 54K. Hopefully registration is calculated from MSRP, but I don't know that for sure. How does insurance work ?
Is it insured for that value as well, where if totaled, they'll coverage a similar up charge ?

Most insurance companies insure vehicles for ACV (actual cash value) which is based off depreciation / current market values and not REPLACMENT COST. Even carriers that offer replacement cost on new vehicles (within 1-2yrs old) base it off MSRP only.

My assumption is that you’d be left holding the bag of 50+ k

Unless you’re a real baller insured with Chubb… at that point you’re probably not worried about 50k.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Is the Raptor R speed limited to 100MPH because of the wonderful BFG A/T KO tires like other Raptors?

hman442

Reaction score
Most insurance companies insure vehicles for ACV (actual cash value) which is based off depreciation / current market values and not REPLACMENT COST. Even carriers that offer replacement cost on new vehicles (within 1-2yrs old) base it off MSRP only.

My assumption is that you’d be left holding the bag of 50+ k

Unless you’re a real baller insured with Chubb… at that point you’re probably not worried about 50k.
Screenshot_20230210_185032_Chrome.jpg

• Haha

Singleton

Reaction score
Just placed my name on the reservation list for the KOHBronco. Thing looked sweet. KOHBronco.com

Taboma

Reaction score
Is the Raptor R speed limited to 100MPH because of the wonderful BFG A/T KO tires like other Raptors?
Well then, perhaps you can share with the class which 37" (Or 35") appropriate load rated, All Terrain Tire comes with a higher speed rating than an "R" (106mph), ---- I mean other than the BFG TKO "C" rated Rapter and Raptor R, OEM tire that carries a "S" (112 mph) speed rating.
I think what you'll find is, as the load rating increases to a "D" or "E", that as the # of plies increases, the speed rating generally decreases.
Many All Terrain Tires, are actually "Q" Rated, limiting the speed rating to 100 MPH MAX.

In case you've wondered, the OEM BFG TKO "C" rated tires that you will find on all new Raptors, R, or otherwise, were selected from a group of 8 different tires submitted for desert and offroad terrain testing by the various manufacturers.
The tires on the Raptors were not just selected, they were designed around the particular requirements and characteristics of the vehicle and extensive real world testing was performed in this regard.

These tires were designed to comply with the specified Size(s), Load Rating, The higher than norm (For A/T Tires) Speed Rating and the tires ability to perform in various offroad environments and conditions.
The lessor load rated "C" tire was selected because the fewer side wall plies, actually allowed for the higher speed rating, and allowed the tires to be aired-down for offroad use and in this state achieved better surface conformity than the higher load rated (And lessor speed rating) of the Gen 1 Raptor Tires. The "C" was also now acceptable because Gen II Raptors are lighter than the Gen I, due to the extensive use of aluminum.

So how about it, what has all your testing revealed ?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Well then, perhaps you can share with the class which 37" (Or 35") appropriate load rated, All Terrain Tire comes with a higher speed rating than an "R" (106mph), ---- I mean other than the BFG TKO "C" rated Rapter and Raptor R, OEM tire that carries a "S" (112 mph) speed rating.
I think what you'll find is, as the load rating increases to a "D" or "E", that as the # of plies increases, the speed rating generally decreases.
Many All Terrain Tires, are actually "Q" Rated, limiting the speed rating to 100 MPH MAX.

In case you've wondered, the OEM BFG TKO "C" rated tires that you will find on all new Raptors, R, or otherwise, were selected from a group of 8 different tires submitted for desert and offroad terrain testing by the various manufacturers.
The tires on the Raptors were not just selected, they were designed around the particular requirements and characteristics of the vehicle and extensive real world testing was performed in this regard.

These tires were designed to comply with the specified Size(s), Load Rating, The higher than norm (For A/T Tires) Speed Rating and the tires ability to perform in various offroad environments and conditions.
The lessor load rated "C" tire was selected because the fewer side wall plies, actually allowed for the higher speed rating, and allowed the tires to be aired-down for offroad use and in this state achieved better surface conformity than the higher load rated (And lessor speed rating) of the Gen 1 Raptor Tires. The "C" was also now acceptable because Gen II Raptors are lighter than the Gen I, due to the extensive use of aluminum.

So how about it, what has all your testing revealed ?

Who peed in your Cheerios today?

I’ve had two raptors, none with 700 hp, but both with the BFG AT KO tires. They’re a terrific all-around tire but 700 hp and 100 mph speed limiter 🤪

baja-chris

Reaction score
It’s a dirt truck. You don’t need to go over a hundred in the dirt without a cage helmet harness etc. perhaps you need a gt500, not a Raptor R.

530RL

Reaction score
The four available that you and I discussed are all now sold.

baja-chris

Reaction score
Yup, they are all selling despite the insane markup prices. Paying cash so it will only hurt once. I can’t imagine payments on something like this but guess lots of people do finance them.

Taboma

Reaction score
Who peed in your Cheerios today?

I’ve had two raptors, none with 700 hp, but both with the BFG AT KO tires. They’re a terrific all-around tire but 700 hp and 100 mph speed limiter 🤪
Ahhhh, I see, you know why, you were just taking a cheap shot 👍😁

Taboma

Reaction score
It’s a dirt truck. You don’t need to go over a hundred in the dirt without a cage helmet harness etc. perhaps you need a gt500, not a Raptor R.
Lawyers, that's why 🤣 I think one of those Dakar Porches might work OK, not sure what limits Porsche is setting for those mall crawlers ?

The other thing folks will grumble about is that like the TRX, these Raptor R's, have the power truncated during acceleration --- else the driveline components go BANG.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yup, they are all selling despite the insane markup prices. Paying cash so it will only hurt once. I can’t imagine payments on something like this but guess lots of people do finance them.
The big money tycoons buy these toys like candy, knowing their a safer sure thing than any stock market investment.

baja-chris

Reaction score
BTW, my 35" Gen 2 Raptor came with T rated 315/70R17 tires (118mph), my 392 XR Rubicon came with S rated tires (112mph) in the same size. Both KO2 BFG.
No idea what rating/tires the 37" Raptor will have, nor if the R will have the same but Ford did get BFG to make a Raptor specific tire in 35" size.

Taboma

Reaction score
BTW, my 35" Gen 2 Raptor came with T rated 315/70R17 tires (118mph), my 392 XR Rubicon came with S rated tires (112mph) in the same size. Both KO2 BFG.
No idea what rating/tires the 37" Raptor will have, nor if the R will have the same but Ford did get BFG to make a Raptor specific tire in 35" size.
You're correct, when I checked the speed rating for my 2018 Raptor LR "C", I'd viewed the Jeep spec, not the Ford FP model --- "T" it is
However, the Raptor R 37X12.5R TKO in "C" load rating, are "S", speed rated, not "T". I suspect it has something to do with the size ??

baja-chris

Reaction score
Mine will see dirt - lots of it. And so will the ones being bought by desert racers. Not as prerunners but certainly going out to remote pits, race support, spectating, and general offroad sightseeing. I'll be removing the decals before I go off road because they are a bitch to get off once the desert pinstripping sets in. I'll use mine exactly the same way I've used previous gen Raptors as described above.